Small Questions v 10011

Stubby

Jon chapter, p. 47, hardcover. I think it's safe to say that the direwolves are all aware of each other. Ghost feels Shaggydog 'the black brother' and then Nymeria, the 'little sister'.

That's ADWD.

There have been no Jon's wolf dream scenes before that.

Jon chapter, p. 47, hardcover. I think it's safe to say that the direwolves are all aware of each other. Ghost feels Shaggydog 'the black brother' and then Nymeria, the 'little sister'.

Yes, but this is from ADWD. And while Ghost was certainly aware of Nymeria, we can't conclude that Jon was at the time of events of AGOT.

That's ADWD.

There have been no Jon's wolf dream scenes before that.

But he's been connected to Ghost before that. He senses Ghost when he's ridding with the wildlings, he possibly senses Ghost on that first day when they find the pups, where Jon 'listens' to something that no one else can hear. Bran doesn't 'hear' anything, and Ghost is mute besides. It's not because Jon is doing his best at ignoring his ability to warg, that he's not doing it unconsciously. And the wolves are connected to each other, in any case, whether Jon wargs Ghost or not. So why couldn't the wolves have known? There’s a clear development of Jon’s warging ability in ADWD, but Varamyr six skins feels the power of Jon when they meet, as he recalls in the prologue. I think people are born wargs, it’s not something you can become. You can train to master the gift, but the ability is there whether you like it or not.

Any indication that unborn children have any rights? For example if Ned had died late in Roberts Rebellion while Cat was like six months pregnant with Robb, who would get Winterfell? Putting aside that Benjen might be a nice guy and would probably end up being in charge until Robb came of age anyway.

Any indication that unborn children have any rights? For example if Ned had died late in Roberts Rebellion while Cat was like six months pregnant with Robb, who would get Winterfell? Putting aside that Benjen might be a nice guy and would probably end up being in charge until Robb came of age anyway.

Some princess married to lord Plumm who got pregnant after his death claimed the child was his as to assure birthrights for the kid, so I guess if unborn children had no right anyway there'd be no point in it.

There have actually been many a time in our own history. That the wives of Kings and princes have had an posthumous heir for a dead husband.

...are the honeyed locusts Hizdahr offers to Dany...cicadas?

I thought it was the plant honey locust, that GRRM was talking about...the pulp is edible but...it makes more sense, that way, doesn't it? Honeyed Cicadas rolled in spice, 'dog sausages' and 'unburn puppies on a stick'... :ack:

I thought it was the plant honey locust, that GRRM was talking about...the pulp is edible but...it makes more sense, that way, doesn't it? Honeyed Cicadas rolled in spice, 'dog sausages' and 'unburn puppies on a stick'... :ack:

Yes. Honeyed locusts as in bugs.

I have honey locust growing in my backyard. I was confused about that for a little while myself. I had to reread that section before i realized they were honeyed locusts. *shivers* I hear they're good eating though.

I have honey locust growing in my backyard. I was confused about that for a little while myself. I had to reread that section before i realized they were honeyed locusts. *shivers* I hear they're good eating though.

The advantage of being European: I never even knew that there was a tree that's called "honey locust"... too dumb to be confused, that's me :-)

Nah they were all in until Jeyne.

The Freys were known as being "late to the party"...walder at least. There was a war and Walder was definitely plotting deciding who to side with. Robbs slight just helped the Freys choose a side. Walders only loyalty is to his own survival, theres no doubt he was never all in with Robb. Robb and co had to negotiate and plea with Walder to be allowed to cross... That doesnt sound like somebody all on board with Robbs cause. True allies need no negotiations... The Freys were playing the game since before Robb even got there.

T he Freys were known as being "late to the party"...walder at least. There was a war and Walder was definitely plotting deciding who to side with. Robbs slight just helped the Freys choose a side. Walders only loyalty is to his own survival, theres no doubt he was never all in with Robb. Robb and co had to negotiate and plea with Walder to be allowed to cross... That doesnt sound like somebody all on board with Robbs cause. True allies need no negotiations... The Freys were playing the game since before Robb even got there.

I was talking from time of Robb's pledge. Robb and Edmure both noted how loyal they were.

what would ned have done he had known the facts around how ramsey had been conceived and what roose had done

We can only speculate here, but given his character and his actions against Jorah Mormont - I suspect Ned would have at least banished Roose, if not outright executed him.

I was talking from time of Robb's pledge. Robb and Edmure both noted how loyal they were.

Exactly.... The Freys played the game well. So well that naive & inexperienced Robb was convinced... as was Edmure... The fact that it was even mentioned that the Frey loyalty was something that was observed shows that they were surprised since it was out of character on the Freys' part. But regardless... it still wasnt loyalty. It was a greedy family who, for the moment, got their way and promises worthy of their "loyalty". They were little kids who got their way so they acted all happy and loyal. Act is the operative word... there was no sincerity involved.

Archived