Small Questions v 10011

Stubby

Dragons are fire made flesh...then what are Ice dragons? Ice dragons don't breath fire, but they are dragons.

The only reference to Ice Dragons I can find is the name of the constellation that Jon points out to Ygrette, until Dance with Dragons. Then Jon reflects on old Nan's stories about them a few times in which its breath was cold. If regular dragons are fire made flesh, maybe Ice Dragons are the opposite, Cold made flesh.

Dragons are fire made flesh...then what are Ice dragons? Ice dragons don't breath fire, but they are dragons.

Read Martin's The Ice Dragon. He wrote it years before he conceived ASOIAF. There are threads here debating whether the stories are related. I don't see how they can be. The only Ice Dragon in ASOIAF is Jon Snow.

Read Martin's The Ice Dragon. He wrote it years before he conceived ASOIAF. There are threads here debating whether the stories are related. I don't see how they can be. The only Ice Dragon in ASOIAF is Jon Snow.

Thanks. I just went an read it. So according to the story an ice dragon breathes cold, and it's much larger than the fire dragon. I'm not sure the stories are related, but I think they can be set in parallel universes.

Thanks mindchap, appreciated. Always makes me wonder what he done to deserve the honour from Rhaegar.

There's really no proof in the books but it's most likely something Tywin arranged. He was probably still Hand at the time and Gregor is his bannerman.

Do we know (about) where the cave Bran is in is at? In the Frostfangs?

The Lands of Ice and Fire spoiler:

The official maps contain a Journey map that shows that Bran is just north of the Wall, it's right about the same distance north as Craster's Keep. It's nowhere near the mountains though.

The Lands of Ice and Fire spoiler:

The official maps contain a Journey map that shows that Bran is just north of the Wall, it's right about the same distance north as Craster's Keep. It's nowhere near the mountains though.

East or West of the river (Milkglass, I think)?

He was raised in the North under the pretense to be a bastard, hence Snow.

Besides, being Rhaegar's son is the key, not Lyanna's, hence it would have been Jon Waters, not Sand.

So the bastard name is detemined by where you were raised and not by where you were born?

According to the wiki (grain of salt here), it's implied bastard names are based on the location of the House of the father.

According to the wiki (grain of salt here), it's implied bastard names are based on the location of the House of the father.

So how come one of Robert's bastards is called Mya Stone? and why is Bloodraven knows as Brynden Rivers and not Brynden Waters?

Edit:

I think it's where you were born that determines your bastard name

Thanks! Since they came up from the Nightfort I thought they would be further west than that. (And north, but that's harder to judge)

They cut to the northeast after leaving the Nightfort, so that Coldhands can intercept the mutineers. He sends Bran & Co around the long way so he can cut them off, then he meets back up with Bran.

Archived