When I started liking "the hound"

Riurik Novgorod

"The prince will remember that, Little Lord" S.C.

“I hope so. If he forgets, be a good dog and remind him.” T.L.

That was when I started to... Not like, but be intrigued by Sandor. When we learn his backstory via Littlefinger at the Tourney, then I was further intrigued. I just read the Red Wedding last night (given that I'm not averse to spoilers it wasn't a shock but still.... Intense. And sad!!!) and the fact that he has the sense to get Arya out of there, makes me further intrigued. I'm glad that

he finds contentment and rest in the future

Hope I did the spoiler cut properly - first post after much lurking!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I liked the Hound staring with the scene at the tourney in honor of Joff's name day. When Sansas protested the order to kill the wine soaked knight, and said it was bad luck to do such a thing on one's name day. And the Hound, knowing it was poppycock, backed her up.

I hated him when he killed Mycah - then, when he told Sansa his story, and saved Loras from Gregor, I did a 180 degree change in perception of his character and started really liking him... and grew to love him, he's one of my favorite characters now.

• 3 weeks later...

I hated him when he killed Mycah - then, when he told Sansa his story, and saved Loras from Gregor, I did a 180 degree change in perception of his character and started really liking him... and grew to love him, he's one of my favorite characters now.

Sandor Clegane is so full of rage and anger -- and probably depressed. A scarred face, and a horrible childhood with that brutal brother, and somehow linked to a snippy nitwit who calls him a dog.

• 2 weeks later...

GRRM has a thing for damaged personalities (almost every main character is emotionally scarred, scared or traumatized). Not a whole lot of redemption or mercy, but there are still two books left to reconcile things.

Maybe Sandor will get some mercy? There are some really broad hints that GRRM may not be finished with the clagane brothers

• 2 months later...

I started to like him when he went back to the Brotherhood demanding his gold. Thoros asked him if he was drunk or crazy to follow them, to which he replied, "Drunk on rain? You didn't leave me enough coin to buy a cup of wine, you bloody whoresons." Something like that lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the Hound is actually sweet.He went back for Sansa when the mob attacked. He's just scarred and damaged because of people's reaction towards him.

I started to like him when he was proven innocent by R'hollor

Archived