You are the King. Who are your Kingsguard?

mosesxtwist

Alive at end of ADwD

Ser Barristan Selmy as LC

Swords:-

Ser Bronn of Blackwater

Brienne of Tarth

Ser Archibald Yronwood

Jon Umber

Brains:-

Dolorous Edd (Ser Eddison Tollett) :)

Lord Rodrik Harlaw

I reckon you ideally need a mix of good swords, brawn and brains. That lot could get you out of any mess.

Using only characters alive in the main novels who live in Westeros.

Ser Barristan Selmy(LC) - Fantastic Swordsman, incredibly loyal, "len[ds] honor to any man he serve."

Ser Garlan Tyrell - Fantastic swordsman(trains 3-1, Loras admits Garlan's the better), seems like a true knight(speculation about his involvement in the PW notwithstanding), comes from a politically powerful family, I have a bit of a man-crush on him.

Ser Jaime Lannister(two-handed) - Fantastic swordsman, comes from a politically powerful family.

Brienne of Tarth - Fantastic swordswoman, loyal, brave.

Sandor Clegane - Fantastic swordsman, seems loyal until you face him against fire.

Ser Balon Swann - Apparently a well-above-average fighter, loyal, seems to be a true knight.

Ser Addam Marbrand - Skilled swordsman, able commander, loyal.

Honorable Mentions:

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater - passed over due to loyalty issues and a high chance of breaking his celibacy vows

Ser Oberyn Martell - passed over due to a high chance of breaking his celibacy vows

A vow's a vow. Yes I know Jaime's in there, but piss off, I can be a hypocrite if I want :smug:

Littlefinger = Lord Commander - that guy can smell trouble a mile away. Just make sure you leave when he does and you'll live through anything;

Pyat Pree - he does body doubles, decoys, you name it;

Maggy the Frog / Melisandre / Grey Wind - not 100% reliable, but either of them gives you a general understanding of what situations are dangerous;

Syrio Forel - only swordsman in the series to live up to his reputation, has shown he is able to sniff out deception, very perceptive etc;

Gregor Clegane - so Syrio fights in the shade;

Skahaz mo Kandaq aka Shavepate - ferocious and crazy, a violent man for a violent job;

Thoros of Myr - think you killed me? Well guess again...

1. Barristan the Bold, he's on everyone's list for a reason

2. Garlan the Gallant, Loras without the haughtiness

3.The Bastard of Nightsong, one of my favorite one scene characters and a man of honor and skill

4. Brienne of Tarth, the most knightly non-knight left in Westeros and a death machine who can fight the Kingslayer one on one

5. Loras Tyrell, the guy has some arrogance to him but its for a reason, he is a beast who was more than a match for everything but a pot of boiling oil.

6. Syrio Forel, he is a match for a kingsguard knight when armed only with a wooden sword

7. Tyrion Lannister, because I need a laugh every once in a while need if need be, he can have a crossbow.

I would love to say Jaime since he is one of my favorite characters but I can't bring myself to do it. He killed Aerys, was willing to kill Robert, and broke his vow of chastity with his sister. I just couldn't trust him to do his duty.

Honorable mention to he Hound, by again to unpredictable.

Gregor Clegane - Brute, sends a message. The strongest.

Victarion Greyjoy- See above*

Mel - LC/King's Justice, Pretty Overpowered when you think about it...

Wun-Wun - If you haven't guessed the theme I'm going brute strength and magic

Thoros- Combination of both swordmanship and magical abilities.

Edit: Forgot I get 2 more

Berric D- For the tag team effect with Thoros

Boros Blount- Someone has to taste-test my food...

I call them my "The night is Dark and full of Terrors" KG

Hey ya'll this is my very post on here so cut me a little slack. I have enjoyed reading what ya'll have to say for a while now, so I finally decided to get in on the action myself. My Kingsguard is as follows:

Lord Commander Ser Courtney Penrose - This man is loyal to a fault. Even though he was only in the story for a short time, he was honestly one of my favorite characters, and I respect the hell out of him. In a world where loyalties are often switched on a whim, this man stood his ground. His parley with Stannis was literary gold.

Ser Jamie Lannister - Best swordsman in the realm, have to have him.

Syrio Forel - The former first sword of Braavos. He gave them hell for a short time with a wooden sword. Also, "The first sword of Braavos does not run."

Ser Balon Swann - Extremely Capable, loyal, and I personally perceive him as a pretty solid dude. Plus his weapon of choice is a morningstar which is completely badass. Also came in second in the archery competition at the Tourney of the Hand.

Bronn - One of my favorite characters in the series. Great sword to have around, plus he has a quick wit to match it. I also think you have to have a few killers handy at all times.

Ser Jorah Mormont - Good sword, and I can overlook his faults. Plus he is a very sound strategist and can lead an army to war if needed.

Beric Dondarrion - Since the OP said that this is at the beginning of AGOT I had to include him. He has the best nickname of any in the series, The Lightning Lord. Plus he is a kings man through and through.

P.S. - I love Barristan Selmy, but since he is included in basically every list on this forum, I wanted to make one without him. I think I have put together a very capable bunch.

Hey ya'll this is my very post on here so cut me a little slack. I have enjoyed reading what ya'll have to say for a while now, so I finally decided to get in on the action myself. My Kingsguard is as follows:

Lord Commander Ser Courtney Penrose - This man is loyal to a fault. Even though he was only in the story for a short time, he was honestly one of my favorite characters, and I respect the hell out of him. In a world where loyalties are often switched on a whim, this man stood his ground. His parley with Stannis was literary gold.

Ser Jamie Lannister - Best swordsman in the realm, have to have him.

Syrio Forel - The former first sword of Braavos. He gave them hell for a short time with a wooden sword. Also, "The first sword of Braavos does not run."

Ser Balon Swann - Extremely Capable, loyal, and I personally perceive him as a pretty solid dude. Plus his weapon of choice is a morningstar which is completely badass. Also came in second in the archery competition at the Tourney of the Hand.

Bronn - One of my favorite characters in the series. Great sword to have around, plus he has a quick wit to match it. I also think you have to have a few killers handy at all times.

Ser Jorah Mormont - Good sword, and I can overlook his faults. Plus he is a very sound strategist and can lead an army to war if needed.

Beric Dondarrion - Since the OP said that this is at the beginning of AGOT I had to include him. He has the best nickname of any in the series, The Lightning Lord. Plus he is a kings man through and through.

P.S. - I love Barristan Selmy, but since he is included in basically every list on this forum, I wanted to make one without him. I think I have put together a very capable bunch.

Good list, newbie.

The Humorous and the Deadly Seven:

1. Oberyn Martell- One poisonous viper, and if I die, he will avenge me.

2. Arya Stark- After all the Faceless Men training.

3. Jaqen H'ghar- He pays his debts...with deaths.

4. Syrio Forel- A quick thinker who can see the truth, something useful in a place full of lies.

5. Jaime Lannister- I am a woman, so I don't fear his kingslaying ways.

6. Edric Dayne- After he earns Dawn.

7. Darkstar Dayne- You have to entertain yourself some how in the kingdom: Robert chose drinking, I'd choose trolling, especially when Ned has Dawn and Darkstar is doomed to envy and fights with Jaime every time Darkstar says Arthur Dayne is over-rated. Plus supposedly Darkstar is someone to be feared.

Archived