You are the King. Who are your Kingsguard?

mosesxtwist

Lyn Cobray is a interesting choice, even if you could forget the whole pedophile angle ( I can't) He doesn't seem very loyal since Littlefinger bought his Honour (with boys and gold I believe)

"Gold, boys, and killing" ? Yeah, I would not want Lyn Corbray guarding me, or especially my kids.

@ Jon Blackfyre: A really good KG, Jon Snow would be a great loyal KG but I don't know if he would drop one set of oaths for another even if you absolved him of his first lot.

Lyn Cobray is a interesting choice, even if you could forget the whole pedophile angle ( I can't) He doesn't seem very loyal since Littlefinger bought his Honour (with boys and gold I believe)

The Tyrells seem only loyal to themselves I would not trust them with my life, although Garland might take his oaths to heart.

Yeah, I was taking all former commitments out of it, just who I could have in there if I had my choice.

And didn't you see, I put Loras in there so Lyn had somebody to play with! He might be a bit old for him, meaning Loras, but like I said, I'm trusting the rest to keep him in line. Shit, maybe the Blackfish can turn Lyn on to older men and then the problem is solved. I don't care what they do behind closed doors as long as they keep themselves between me and people that want me to stop breathing.

Ramsay Bolton

Vargo Hoat

Gregor Clegane (Lord commander)

Littlefinger

Craster

Walder Frey

Darkstar (because he is of the night)

So basically, you're not just any king, but the Night King ?

Get rid of Craster and Walder Frey - they are old and weak.

Add either Rattleshirt or the Weeper and either Hosteen Frey or Andrik the Unsmiling.

I'm going to put together a very meat and potatoes KG, who are very good at guarding and killing and who could all be given commands of their own if need be.

LC- Barristan, because duh.

Victarion if there was a battle at sea.

The Blackfish. He's a good scout and commander.

Ser Loras because he's super talented and I need a few younger guys too.

Balon Swann, overall tough dude and added bonus of being a good archer. Would be my everyday body man.

Robb Stark, look at how good of a battlefield commander he was. Groomed to be the next LC. Plus grey wind comes with him who i would breed to some dogs and see if i could invent a breed of awesome wolfdogs.

The Greatjon, because an extra badass warrior is never a bad thing to have.

the 1st guy i would add when one of my dudes died would be Strongboar. seems more than formidable and a loyal guy. Jaime holds him in high regard as one of the dudes who could possibly beat him in one of his POVs.

and no, no Hound because he had his shot to be in the KG and turned his back on the king. i would love if he and bronn would take my money and be sworn swords anyway though, but not KG.

To be honest I would probably not take some of the more famous knights at present but look at cousins and younger sons to minor lords and in such a way pick the apples from the tree before they can start to rot in the sunshine.

DEFINITELY NOT Jamie Lannister, the guy is a traitor and apropos goes by the name of Kingslayer you have to be soft in the head to put him in to the position of KG.

The winning rooster is:

- Barristan

- Gregor Clegane ( his presence alone leaves the enemy trembled with fear)

- Bronn (can actually a hold a conversation)

- Sandor Celgane

- Robert Baratheon in his prime

- Jon Snow

- Stannis (knws his duty)

1) Ser Barristan Selmy - Seem everyone would have him. Lord Commander too.

2) Ser Arthur Dayne - Finest swordsmen Ned ever saw.

3) Areo Hotah - Seems unstoppable, decimates Ser Arys Oakheart. He'd be a fine Lord Commander as well, simple and obeying.

4) Ser Jaime Lannister - With his new sense of, um, honour? And with his sword hand of course.

5) Brienne - She would never shirk from her duty, nor betray the king.

6) Syrio Forel - Imagine a fight between him and another incredible swordsman, like Jaime. Also has brains and will see the subtle threats that might escape the others.

7) Aemon the Dragonknight/Ser Loras/Oberyn Martell/The Hound - They'd all be fine, fine choices, and bring their own element different to the others.

I would disband the Kingsguard as unnecessary expensive cost for the Royal House, as well as abolish tournaments - or at least not sponsorship them. I would rather hire a couple of guys to taste all things I'm demanded to eat and drink, and keep my "normal" soldiers around the castle so I'm never left alone.

Lyn Corbray is really interesting and might be a great choice in a real context for someone like Cersei (not knowing he is to a certain degree Littlefinger's man) if she had a vacant spot in Tommen's 7:

- He is a famous and renown fighter

- he is only the second son and therefor should have not that many problems taking the white cloak

- but he also has inherited a famous blade

- he comes from a region that needs to be stronger bound to the realm but has not shown hostile tendencies

- his weakness (I know by real world standards we should be aghast) with the little boys is nothing for which he is mocked across the realm and does not look like something everybody knows about

I think in an alternate Westeros Lyn might have had a great future in the kingsguard.

Thinking about Lyn, I would really find it more interesting to choose the kingsguard by some real context (like saying you are Robert after his Rebellion or Joffrey after his father died, and you can fill all 7 spots of the kingsguard) than just 7 great fighters or honorable man who in real Westeros never could have been put together.

But it is much harder...

DEFINITELY NOT Jamie Lannister, the guy is a traitor and apropos goes by the name of Kingslayer you have to be soft in the head to put him in to the position of KG.

Lol but we know he had a good reason for what he did. he didn't kill Aerys to save himself he killed him because Aerys was mad and stupid and ordered him to kill his own father while waiting for him to burn half a million innocent people. I think that he would be a great member of the Kingsguard under a normal king and not some mad mass-muderer king.

Lol but we know he had a good reason for what he did. he didn't kill Aerys to save himself he killed him because Aerys was mad and stupid and ordered him to kill his own father while waiting for him to burn half a million innocent people. I think that he would be a great member of the Kingsguard under a normal king and not some mad mass-muderer king.

Have you forgotten that the second king that he served he betrayed by sleeping with his queen and fathering his three children?

Archived