Who is Nissa Nissa Reborn?

mushroomshirt

I think it's Melisandre. The talk is she's pretty warm. Plus she has kind of always built herself up as the Sacrifice along with her pretty over sexualised infatuation with whoever will be AAR, it wouldn't be too hard to comprehend her as Nissa Nissa.

If Jon is AAR then Mel would definately make sense for NN.

I can see him plunging his sword into her at some point if she comes to the CotF cave, and tries to have Bran and BR killed.

"A face took shape within the hearth. Stannis? she thought, for just a moment … but no, these were not his features. A wooden face, corpse white. Was this the enemy? A thousand red eyes floated in the rising flames. He sees me. Beside him, a boy with a wolf’s face threw back his head and howled."

I honestly believe she won't kill Bran and BR however I want BR to be a villian because I want Bran leaving that damn cave.

I think Dany is AA. Her dragons are "Lightbringer". And Drogo/her baby is Nissa Nissa. Their death paid for her dragons.

exactly what I was going to say. The Dragons are always warm, in fact, they are fire made flesh. In the myth of lightbringers forging it took a life to create the sword - 3 lives (Drogo, Dany and Drogo's son, and mirri maz dur) are used to hatch the 3 dragons. The AA myth talks about AA wielding a "sword of fire." What are the dragons but swords of fire? As the original poster wrote "The Jade Compendium talks about how hot the original Lightbringer was. It talks about Azor Ahai slaying a monster by boiling its blood with the heat of Lightbringer." This could all be covered by dragons. Lastly if you had to fight an army of ice demons and the undead would you want a) a sword B) a big ass firebreathing dragon?

Crackpot theory: Jon is actually Lightbringer, Rhaegar was Azor Ahai, Lyanna was Nissa Nissa.

The whole thing is considerably more complicated than Melisandre would have you (or Stannis) believe. It's a theory in progress.... and I'm far from convinced it'll work out this way, because it relies heavily on assuming that Lightbringer isn't a physical sword but a metaphorical one, that Jon Snow's parents really were Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark and that the whole "Prince that was Promised"/ "Azor Ahai" story/parable/prophecy, call it what you will has any relevance to the plot other than the fact that Melisandre believes it.

I'm working from the story Salla tells Davos in Clash, that Azor Ahai tried three times to construct Lightbringer, the first time he used conventional methods and the sword failed, the second time he attempted to temper the blade in the blood of a lion, and it failed, the third time, as we all know he tempered the blade using the blood of his beloved, Nissa Nissa, and the blade was born.

If Jon Snow is the child of Rhaegar and Lyanna, we know that he was the third child that Rhaegar fathered. The first two were killed (this also assumes that Young Griff is not Prince Aegon Targaryen, contrary to my actual opinion, or it might give a clue to his fate i suppose), the third child lived/lives for now, but it cost the life of Rhaegar's love, Lyanna (or would have cost Elia Martell's i suppose, now there's an interesting thought). I also remind you that the second child was killed by a Lannister, or a Lannister man-at-arms to be precise, whose sigil is a lion. Jon is now one of the few things that stand between the forces of darkness beyond the Wall and the supposedly light forces to the south? Ghost also has a strange fondness for Melisandre and Melisandre has a certain fondness for Jon.

Disagree,I'm fine with it. I don't hold much faith in prophesy anyway, I'm prepared to believe that Jon isn't a secret Targaryen (although I can't actually see any logical alternatives myself),I'm pretty sold on Young Griff being Prince Aegon and I actually want AA to be Davos Seaworth. (Just hoping NN is Melisandre rather than any of his family)

I don't buy into Jon =AAR or Dany= AAR, but they'll probably be each other's NN if one is AAR.

Well then who do you buy into? Thats like someone asking if you want ice cream and you say "I dont like choclate or vanilla," and then just stand there.

Some people think the the Watch is Lightbringer. What if the Watch is Nissa Nissa instead? Jon destroys the watch to reforge (or temper) the new weapon against the Others. It's pretty obvious that the way the Watch is constituted isn't working out all that well, being staffed to a large extent by the offscourings of Westeros.

I'm not saying its probable but i could also see a case for Mel being Nissa Nissa. Their is still plenty of time for Jon to develop feelings for her and her followers use the flaming heart as their sigil. Could point to something or it could be misdirection. I definitely believe Lightbringer is a literal sword and i do believe a sacrafice must be made. Ghost or Arya would certainly be the most likely candidates right now because Jon already has strong feelings for them but feelings could develop later on for Val or Mel.

If AA exists, and is a single person, then it is either Dany or Jon, and Dany fulfilled the requirements of the prophecy at the end of AGOT, and Jon at the end of ADWD. Anyway, I don't like the idea of a single savior and I don't think that GRRM would write about a single savior, IMO. I think that if AA is real, then it is more than one person. More than one person has fulfilled some or all of the requirements of AA.

Val, Mel, or Dany...With only a couple of books to go it looks like they'll have to set up 'the dating game - westeros edition'... Hopefully Mance will be back in time to host it 'behind our ice curtain we have our three lovely batchelorettes, and to question them have Jon Snow... our Batchelor is a dog person at heart and his favorite color is black, he lists his interests as being cold, getting stabbed, and knowing nothing!'

I never thought that the Nissa Nissa sacrifice should be taken too literally - ie. that a character is actually required to drive a sword through his lover's heart in order to forge "lightbringer" for example.

The original NN may have just been a female warrior who was killed in battle. Her heroic death could later become a symbol of matyrdom and be confused with the notion of sacrifice as the years passed and the tale became more and more distorted for instance.

I always thought Ygritte might have been NN, but after having read some theories about Melissandre at the Wall and some foreshadowing of Shireen's fate, I think it's possible that it could be Mel, without her even realising. Perhaps that is why she is so awful at reading fires because she fails to understand that her sacrifice is required.

Another thought has crept into my mind - however the real LB was forged (and I don't think it was ever a literal interpretation of the legend) AA uses conventional methods to forge LB, then tries to use Lion's blood and finally, the blood of NN.

That got me thinking, applying the same scenario to AAR, do we also need to factor in these three attempts rather than just focus on NN?

If so, could the second scenario being the "lion's blood" be referring to a Lannister? Given some foreshadowing hinted at by other posters on events which will unfold at the Wall, if a Lannister represents the second attempt to temper the sword, than to me, NN could either conceivably be Dany or Mel.

Although like others, I would prefer the notion of AA&TPtwP/Last Hero/ TStmtW to be a collaborative action rather than one "saviour", but I don't know how that could fit with the requirements of the prophecy unless three separate characters are required to fulfill the three separate prophecies/ legends simultaneously perhaps.

Well then who do you buy into? Thats like someone asking if you want ice cream and you say "I dont like choclate or vanilla," and then just stand there.

I don't like, nor do I approve, of the whole "AAR" myth and how a single person is destined to save Westeros from the long Night. I like Dany and Jon as separate characters, but I don't think they need the title, really. That said, It is highly likely it's one of them, and the other is their counterpart (Nissa Nissa). At least I've seen it a lot.

Archived