Who is Nissa Nissa Reborn?

mushroomshirt

The only think I can't help but consider reading all of these posts is that we have to interpret who will be NIssa Nissa based on how the situation plays out. I don't think Jon, if he is AA reborn, will kill a loved one just because of a tale, he's too realistic to act on that. Then as for potential loved ones to be sacrificed to temper Lightbringers flames, I view the candidates from best to worst from where Dance left off as being, Val, Melisandre, or UnCat. I can't think Arya since she isn't even on the continent right now.

As for Lightbringer, a part of me can't help but think it might be Oathkeeper. In Jon's dream he dreamt of wielding a red sword and striking down the Other, (and his loved ones). The name Oathkeeper kinda reflects Jon's character, and the coloring of it being red and black, Targaryen colors, along with it being crafted from the ancestral sword of House Stark, it would be nice if a part of it ended up passing to Jon. Funny after thought, Ice would catch Fire if it did act as Lightbringer, and oh the song it would sing.

I would say Arya, but she has a pov, and I start to think that Martin can't kill a female pov character, so probobly Val.

Altough I think that Daenerys is, unfortunately, azor ahai reborn, she did all these things he has to do so I don't understand why people keap saying it's Jon.

I would say Arya, but she has a pov, and I start to think that Martin can't kill a female pov character, so probobly Val.

Altough I think that Daenerys is, unfortunately, azor ahai reborn, she did all these things he has to do so I don't understand why people keap saying it's Jon.

They've both fulfilled the requirements.

Jon hasn't really awaken dragons out of stone and wasn't reborn int solt and fire if I'm not mistaken.

Btw, I really hope I'm wrong, since I don't want Dany to be AAR.

That's the point.

Jon is TPTWP, and Dany Azor Ahai. That's what I think.

I sincerely doubt that killing somebody suddenly embodies a sword with magical energy. This isn't Harry Potter.

Instead, I believe that Lightbringer will fall into the possession of the true Azor Ahai. Stannis will fall on the field of battle (slain by Victarion, Dany's dragons, or perhaps by the Bolton Bastard). Jon Snow, released from his mortal bond to the Night's Watch, follows Stannis south and eventually reclaims his blade. Melisandre accompanies him, and eventually sacrifices herself to grant Lightbringer it's full potential. Jon has already once imagined her to be Ygritte, it's not unlikely that Melisandre will knowingly glamour herself such that Jon feels the same loss plunging his blade into her chest as he did when she died in his arms.

Just a guess. It's pretty far-fetched.

Jon = nissa nissa

Nw = LB

Bran = aa

Bran and BR warged into the men of the nw during Jon's assassination. Jon is dead. He was a sacrifice that was needed. That wasn't Bowen marsh crying, that was bran.

In the first long winter, AA was the night king. Nissa nissa was his Other queen. And nw was still the NW

Jon will be reborn and free of his duty of the nights watch and rules the IT with his auntwife. Until Dany dies setting herself on fire tryig to hatch another dragon egg. then spend the rest of his days back in the NW.l

No bran won't make Jon his queen

I actually really like this theory =3

I always thought it was strange that Bowen Marsh was crying.

I read this entire thread to see if anyone else posted anything about it. (And no one did o___o)

Val, Mel, or Dany...With only a couple of books to go it looks like they'll have to set up 'the dating game - westeros edition'... Hopefully Mance will be back in time to host it 'behind our ice curtain we have our three lovely batchelorettes, and to question them have Jon Snow... our Batchelor is a dog person at heart and his favorite color is black, he lists his interests as being cold, getting stabbed, and knowing nothing!'

Mel has already been set up to be Jon's love interest. Jon compares her to Ygrette, thinking that Ygrette was kissed by fire but Mel was fire, a connection that Mel reinforces by telling Jon he knows nothing. Also, we know Mel is turned on by being with Azor Ahai (Jon thinks of her as Stannis's real queen.) Once she figures out Jon is AA and Jon is resurrected and freed from his vows, they gonna get freaky.

No

Mel has already been set up to be Jon's love interest. Jon compares her to Ygrette, thinking that Ygrette was kissed by fire but Mel was fire, a connection that Mel reinforces by telling Jon he knows nothing. Also, we know Mel is turned on by being with Azor Ahai (Jon thinks of her as Stannis's real queen.) Once she figures out Jon is AA and Jon is resurrected and freed from his vows, they gonna get freaky.

No way - Jon refuses to take Winterfell from Stannis because of his love for the old gods - he cant stand Mel and doesn't trust her.

Mel will sacrifice shireen to save Jon. Jon will be "reborn" from king's blood. He will be so outraged that shireen died for him that he will kill mel. Mel knew she was going to die and therefore sacrificed herself for Jon to be reborn. Therefore I think Mel is Nissa Nissa

I just finished reading the Dance chapter where Jon talks to Clydas about the Jade Compendium chapter that Maester Aemon marked for him before Aemon left for Eastwatch.

The Jade Compendium talks about how hot the original Lightbringer was. It talks about Azor Ahai slaying a monster by boiling its blood with the heat of Lightbringer. It talks about Lightbringer being as warm as Nissa Nissa had been warm. Previously in Storm of Swords, Aemon also remarks to Sam on how cool Stannis' Lightbringer is. So it seems pretty well established that Stannis' Lightbringer is a pale imitation of the original. Shallador Saan even says the same thing to Davos at one point (in Clash, I think?)

I know that there is still a lot of debate about this, but let's assume for a minute that Jon is Azor Ahai reborn instead of Stannis, Dany or any other candidate. Who would his Nissa Nissa be? This Jade Compendium chapter is the same chapter where Jon tries to have dinner with his old friends and realizes that he can't be their friend and their commander at the same time. He thinks that Mormont's raven is his last friend. Then he thinks:

It got me thinking if Jon is AA reborn (a big if, I know). Then Ghost might be his Nissa Nissa. I can't imagine a bigger sacrifice for Jon then to kill Ghost. It would be at least as big of a sacrifice as Azor Ahai killing Nissa Nissa. And with Longclaw having a likeness of Ghost's head on the pommel, it would be doubly appropriate if Longclaw became Lightbringer after Jon killing Ghost.

Any thoughts?

In my opinion, there does not need to be a Nissa Nissa reborn, because Melisandre is the original NN, looking for her AA, also known as R'hllor, reborn. The glamor hides her age and the sword wound in her chest. She's a wight of the fire god, and also the "bride of fire."

In my opinion,Nissa Nissa was the planet and the Horn of Winter was the sword,aka later as the hammer of the waters,as "called down "by the COTF.Later stories,such as the AA one recounted by Sallador are allegories.

I actually really like this theory =3

I always thought it was strange that Bowen Marsh was crying.

I read this entire thread to see if anyone else posted anything about it. (And no one did o___o)

They're too busy repeating the same theories they always chew over.

So. What evidence might support this theory that Bran and/or BR warged into Marsh? BR is the difficult case to establish. I seem to remember him telling Bran that warging into people is off limits. So I conclude BR doesn't do it. It's obvious Bran doesn't heed BR's advice because he still thinks like a little kid and wargs Hodor.

What's Bran's motivation in killing Jon? for using Marsh to kill Jon? If there is motivation, could it be understood through Mel's visions? Did her visions of BR and Bran contain foreboding for Jon? I would be interested if an alternate reading might point in this direction. Bran's thread has to be drawn back into the main story somehow, otherwise he just sits and watches everyone die over the next two books.

Archived