Azor Ahai Reborn = Darth Vader?

aceluby

I believe he is referring to the concept of the chosen one or prophesized one that often appears in stories, specifically fantasy themed storys. Darth Vader, or Anakin Skywalker, was supposed to bring balance to the force, in much the same way AAR is supposed to save the world. One could argue that Rhaegar was Anakin, and Jon and Dany are Luke and Leia. (sort of).

NOOOO!

:bowdown:

1.) Savior of the universe

2.) He killed his wife, according to the Emperor

3.) He has a sword that's pretty cool

4.) He was kind of born again out a salt and smoke when Obi-Wan somehow beat him.

I guess there are some parallels.

Red sword lightbringer - Red lightsaber

Sacrificed loved one for his sword - sacrificed loved one in quest for power

Reborn amongst salt and fire - Left for dead amongst fire and 'reborn' as the masked DV

Prophecy to destroy the Great Other - Prophecy to bring balance to the force

Meh... guess it's just me :)

EDIT: See above ;) What if AAR ends up a redemption plot too?

I believe he is referring to the concept of the chosen one or prophesized one that often appears in stories, specifically fantasy themed storys. Darth Vader, or Anakin Skywalker, was supposed to bring balance to the force, in much the same way AAR is supposed to save the world. One could argue that Rhaegar was Anakin, and Jon and Dany are Luke and Leia. (sort of).

Didn't he achieve that? Two Sith and two Jedi were all that remained after Order 66 took place. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but the impression I got was that the Jedi misinterpreted what balance actually entailed... And now I can see the resemblance, Azor Ahai is built up as a good guy destined to defeat the Others with the power of fire, but no one really stopped to think what a world with only fire would entail.

Didn't he achieve that? Two Sith and two Jedi were all that remained after Order 66 took place. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but the impression I got was that the Jedi misinterpreted what balance actually entailed... And now I can see the resemblance, Azor Ahai is built up as a good guy destined to defeat the Others with the power of fire, but no one really stopped to think what a world with only fire would entail.

Never thought of it that way, though there were more than 2 sith and 2 jedi left after Order 66.

More like, Anakin was built up as a savior, only to be remembered as a villian, much like Rhaegar. The truth is Anakin's son, Luke, was the actual savior, much like Jon is. That's the parallel I see, which is what I think Alfie was referring to in that interview long ago.

I've only ever seen the Star Wars movies, but I thought that the Jedi had lost most all their power, and it was Anakin who would bring balance in the sense that the "light side" would regain their lost power.

Never thought of it that way, though there were more than 2 sith and 2 jedi left after Order 66.

Damn, didn't know that. There goes my theory. >.>

More like, Anakin was built up as a savior, only to be remembered as a villian, much like Rhaegar. The truth is Anakin's son, Luke, was the actual savior, much like Jon is. That's the parallel I see, which is what I think Alfie was referring to in that interview long ago.

Yeah I can definitely see that being the case.

no Anakin was the primary protagonist of star wars. The entire six episodes portray his story, from being found as a chosen one to joining the dark side and finally redeeming himself by killing the emperor and saving Luke. Rhaegar can't redeem anything now. i guess lightbringer and lightsabre seem similar

One of the worst lines in all the movies... what a stupid name for the betrayal against all the jedi.

I agree, no one is gonna say "I cried after order 66" it's just not dramatic enough nor is it affectionate in ones heart, but something called the red wedding, well, that is sadly memorable :(

no Anakin was the primary protagonist of star wars. The entire six episodes portray his story, from being found as a chosen one to joining the dark side and finally redeeming himself by killing the emperor and saving Luke. Rhaegar can't redeem anything now. i guess lightbringer and lightsabre seem similar

Luke was the primary protagonist for episodes 4, 5, and 6. There is no other way to view it.

Archived