An Aussie in America: NoCal and NY

Paxter

So...I've finally got my act together and am visiting the US for the first time this autumn. I'm going to be in SF from 18 Sept to 23 Sept, and in NY from 23 Sept to 5 Oct.

Would be awesome to catch up with some of you guys, maybe go out for some drinks or dinner - is anyone free during these dates? Also, any travel advice would be welcome!

Well, shit. I'll be SF when you're going to be in NY. Well, fortunately there are plenty other interesting boarders in NY to hang out with.

(On the bright side, my cousin in Sydney is getting married next March, and I'm hoping to make it there.)

Cheers. That's a bit far for a day trip really... Shame

I was thinking of the Boston trip, timewise. DC is just under 3 and a half hours, which is not that much of a difference. The more expensive express train is just under 3 hours from DC to NYC.

ETA: Still not exactly quick.

I was thinking of the Boston trip, timewise. DC is just under 3 and a half hours, which is not that much of a difference. The more expensive express train is just under 3 hours from DC to NYC.

ETA: Still not exactly quick.

i would go, except that I've organised to meet with some friends out there plus the folks from off here so it wouldn't really fit unfortunately!

• 2 weeks later...

So how about Saturday Sept 21 for the NorCal folks? Some sort of drinking thing to show Pax a good time??

You guys should have a shindig at Chateau AG, out on the deck, with beers and crass topics, just so he knows we weren't making it all up.

You guys should have a shindig at Chateau AG, out on the deck, with beers and crass topics, just so he knows we weren't making it all up.

Oh, I'm sure we will probably end up there at some point! But first, Pax seems like the type of dude who appreciates day drinking in the outdoors, so I'm thinking we might start two blocks away at Dolores Park. It's phenomenal people-watching and since September is summer in SF, it should be a good show.

So...what's the deal, then?

Saturday, Sept 21. Casanova at 5 or 6pm? I'm open to suggestions. :)

Oh. I am down with this plan. I'm OK with Dolores Park in small doses on weekends. I can't go there on weekdays because I run into former students too much. That happened on a date once. It was awkward.

Archived