An Aussie in America: NoCal and NY

Paxter

I can't believe that it's actually really raining! So exciting but a bit of a bummer for Pax. On the bright side, I like to think that the neighborhood decided to have a little shower so it doesn't smell like pee for our visitor.

See you all later tonight!

We managed to survive. Was me, Pax, AG and AG's roommate Lann (on the board sporadically). Topics discussed: Why you should poop at home/work, the pros and cons of pooping in other countries, and whether Dorne is shit. Rent in SF vs. Sydney. The benefits of having kids when you're gay or straight. How to get tenure. Bedbugs in hostels and library books. Other things as well, but it's all a blur. Pax insisted on the cab dropping him off at Powell St Station at 3am and walking to his hostel, so he may or may not still be alive.

I hope he's alive, it would be a bummer if he didn't get to meet Xray.

I'm really glad my plan for today was to lay around and watch tv because I am not really capable of doing much else. Last night was fun for me; I hope it was fun for all.

Now that's the kind of report I like to hear: I hung out with the BWB, and I needed a day on the couch to recover. :cheers:

The only time this hasn't been true is when I go to a con and need five days on the couch to recover. :P

I'm alive!! Was a great meet-up, many entertaining conversations had over around 8 hours (how to prounce Antartica?) and thanks to AG and Lann for hosting us in the wee hours. Definitely the perfect way to cap off my trip in SF.

X-ray: I'm in NYC itself for just shy of two weeks...let me know which night would suit for a few drinks and dinner :).

Archived