Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Morpheus

You're definitely reading way too much into it.

As I said: of course the assumption is that people are expressing their opinion, not much else you can do with a 2 minute trailer. I just pointed out what my reasons were for disliking the trailer are, my tone was simply mirroring your dismissive attitude towards anybody who expressed a negative opinion on something you enjoyed. Quote:

I stand by that quote. It's the first trailer for a big budget Marvel movie and some people are acting like the movie has already come out and didn't just disappoint them but also insulted their mother. I will never understand this phenomenon. And I will always call it out when I see it.

I'm an asshole like that.

I'm wonder[ing] about the plot of the movie.

Obviously the Collector is involved - and looks better than what we saw in the Thor 2 end credits. So does "Star Lord" try to steal something from the Collector and then realize Thanos controls the Collector?

Is this a story about the band getting together, or will they have already been established as the Guardians at the movie's inception?

This trailer was excellent. I didn't even know Peter Serafinowicz (aka The Voice of Darth Maul) was in it. Him and Reilly should do well as a double-act. Also, it has a talking, gun-toting raccoon and a Massive Space Ent in it, of course they're going to be running with the humour to start with.

I'm not familiar with the Guardians as a team, but I did read the Rocket Raccoon solo series in the 1980s, which was awesome. Do we know if Raccoon's walrus side-kick is going to be in it? That dude FIRED LASERS FROM HIS TUSKS.

They don't have Wal Rus but they do have Rocket's sort-of-girlfriend (and niece of Wal Rus) Lylla listed as an associate.

I'm wonder[ing] about the plot of the movie.

Obviously the Collector is involved - and looks better than what we saw in the Thor 2 end credits. So does "Star Lord" try to steal something from the Collector and then realize Thanos controls the Collector?

Is this a story about the band getting together, or will they have already been established as the Guardians at the movie's inception?

I'm guessing the thing Star Lord is trying to steal at the beginning is another Infinity Gem.

It's refreshing to see a trailer that doesn't give away the entire plot of the movie. Introduce your main characters, give us some lines of dialogue, a couple action spots, and let everyone get on with their day. We don't need endless exposition and the introduction of major plot points that will inevitably end with the spoiling of some surprising twist or revelation because no one in Hollywood can cut a fucking trailer anymore.

This trailer was pitch perfect in tone and content, and looks like it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun. Remember fun? That thing that existed before the shitwave of emo grit and darkness took over the world? Let's get back to that.

I liked the trailer well enough as someone who knows nothing about GotG. It introduced me to their main members without giving away too much of the plot. My complaint about trailers in general are when they show you way too much and you go see them movie and realize every good scene was in the trailer. And I have no issues w/ having a comedic trailer to pull you in, it wouldn't ruin a dark character like Thanos or an action packed storyline.

What I meant was that the Avengers benefited from having established characters. They didn't get into the plot in the first trailer, or deal with the origins.

This is most peoples first view of the Guardians. It was perfectly executed.

As for the my opinion thing, I was just commenting that it is sort of assumed when posting in an online forum. Some snark with your morning meal.

:cheers:

You forgot to add one important part to your post, three simple words, "in my opinion." Your opinion is not my opinion so I'm not sure why you're acting all indignant that people can enjoy something you, personally, did not.

Comedy is the broadest avenue towards creating interest in people who have no idea what the hell Guardians of the Galaxy is supposed to be. Maybe you're more interested in a serious trailer. You know, "in a world where a talking tree and gun-toting raccoon team up with a former pro-wrestler, some green chick you kind of recognize from movies and that guy from that sitcom you never watch to stop evil overlord Thanos from getting an infinity gauntlet gem... wait, are you guys still here? Keep paying attention!"

There's no hint as to what it's about? It kind of says what it's about directly in the title. The Guardians of the Galaxy, who are in actuality a group of misfits. From the title of the movie and the name of their group, one with a smidgen of common sense would think the movie might be about these people, I don't know, guarding the galaxy.

LMAO @ this whole thing. Well done, sir.

I'm guessing the thing Star Lord is trying to steal at the beginning is another Infinity Gem.

You'd think these things would be protected better.

So Avengers had the Tesseract which was the Power Gem? And Loki's staff had the Mind Gem?

And in the Thor 2 there was the Reality Gem?

So Avengers had the Tesseract which was the Power Gem? And Loki's staff had the Mind Gem?

And in the Thor 2 there was the Reality Gem?

Loki's staff was powered by the Tesseract, it wasn't a separate thing, iirc. Quite why it could be used to dominate minds I dunno but there you go.

I don't think they're going quite the same way as the comics though. The Tesseract is apparently the Space Stone (which tracks with its use as a gate). What the Aether is is unrevealed, I think.

Actually the Power Gem was in Thor 2 and the Space Gem was in Cap and the Avengers. Both of these have been confirmed by Kevin Fiege.

I am guessing that gem in Loki's scepter is the Mind Gem and it hasn't been confirmed to throw us fans a curve ball.

I'm also guessing that Star-Lord was trying to steal the Reality Gem in the trailer.

Actually the Power Gem was in Thor 2 and the Space Gem was in Cap and the Avengers. Both of these have been confirmed by Kevin Fiege.

I am guessing that gem in Loki's scepter is the Mind Gem and it hasn't been confirmed to throw us fans a curve ball.

I'm also guessing that Star-Lord was trying to steal the Reality Gem in the trailer.

Thanks for that. Just seems odd to me that something as powerful as the Reality Gem would be so accessible. But I guess since it's sci-fi interwoven with fantasy the Star Lord could have all sorts of cloaking and security hacking AIs or what not.

Archived