Is it possible that Rhaegar may be alive somewhere?

This may sound a bit crazy, but is it possible that Rhaegar may have been brought back to life, by someone involved with this whole Lord of Light business?

They say that they burned his body as it was traditional for the Targaryens. But they could just as easily have found a dead look-a-like for Rhaegar's body, and dyed his hair or something, probably without Robert's knowledge. Whoever it was, probably was on the Targaryen's side.

I need someone to tell me, is this logical?

Nope, sorry but he is most definitly dead. In the middle of a huge battle in one on one combat vs Robert there were thousands of witnesses that saw him die.

There was no look alike, Rhaegar went to the Trident fully beleiveing he would survive because he was part of the Prophecy to save the world.

Robert killed him, that's a given.

This may sound a bit crazy, but is it possible that Rhaegar may have been brought back to life, by someone involved with this whole Lord of Light business?

They say that they burned his body as it was traditional for the Targaryens. But they could just as easily have found a dead look-a-like for Rhaegar's body, and dyed his hair or something, probably without Robert's knowledge. Whoever it was, probably was on the Targaryen's side.

I need someone to tell me, is this logical?

Really?

Rhaegar is dead. He will stay dead. It's incredibly unlikely that Robert's men allowed a Red Priest to attend his body rather than the Silent Sisters and it's also incredibly unlikely that said priest was able to smuggle in a look-a-like, dye their hair and allow Rhaegar to walk off. His body would've been under armed guard.

Also, GRRM confirmed that he was cremated.

Also, you're in the wrong subforum.

'E's passed on! This prince is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PRINCE!!

Why not just believe he's dead?

Robert Baratheon driving his war hammer into Rhaegars ruby studded breastplate is for me one of the best images in ASOIAF,can't imagine Barristan fighting alongside an imposter either.

Wasn't this the moment the Iron throne was effectively won also,renamed the Ruby Ford ect,the Rhaegar fought valiantly and lost line,it was huge story for Westeros as well as us the readers,just doesn't make sense to try and undo it all by claiming he's alive still,it is what it is a great story.

Archived