Why the hate for Robb Stark?

AegonTargaryen

Genuinely asking, seems like a bunch of people really don't like him.

Guess I was sort of annoyed he didn't honour his oath to marry a Frey girl, but he was 16, injured, and depressed (thought his bros were dead) so I didn't judge him too harshly for that.

Other than that I think he did as good as a 16 year old kid in his position could do.

Genuinely asking, seems like a bunch of people really don't like him.

Guess I was sort of annoyed he didn't honour his oath to marry a Frey girl, but he was 16, injured, and depressed (thought his bros were dead) so I didn't judge him too harshly for that.

Other than that I think he did as good as a 16 year old kid in his position could do.

He gets judged because all the other young people in the story, like Jon, Dany, Arya and Sansa get judged.

For me it's not so much hatred as frustration when it comes to Robb. He shows so much promise as a leader and as a war tactitian by winning so many battles, and you start to believe that he'd be a fantastic Lord of Winterfell if he ever got it back. And then he goes and makes a catastrophic mistake like going against his promise to the Freys. You just feel like he should know better, because he's shown himself to be clever and rational all this time, so why be so stupid on this one occasion, when he must know it would cost so much? I just don't know how he could ever believe that he could make amends with Walder Frey.

But, like you say, he was, for all his battle prowess, still a 16 year old boy, and young boys will make silly decisions when it comes to love. I just wish he could have seen that he couldn't afford to be a silly teenager when his own life, his mother's life and the lives of his men depended on him.

He was the wonder child in which all the hopes of the true good guys winning were placed. His head was then replaced with that of his wolf's, I'd be pretty ticked off at the blunders of that character which caused his unsightly demise too if I was ever rooting for Robb Stark, traitor that he was.

He gets judged because all the other young people in the story, like Jon, Dany, Arya and Sansa get judged.

First, there is this. I agree completely. If we judge Sansa, Dany, Jon, why would Robb or even Aegon be spared? If people can judge 8,12 year-old girls, why would those that call themselves Kings should be spared?

Second, I don't see much hate for Robb, as constructive criticism. People generally like him, only theu can't close their eyes to some mistakes Robb clearly made. He proved himself as great leader, with tons of potential, but alas his mistakes were his doom. And that's something we should objectively accept. Robb truly invoked loyalty, but he also made some unforgetable mistakes... That's all.

He was the wonder child in which all the hopes of the true good guys winning were placed. His head was then replaced with that of his wolf's, I'd be pretty ticked off at the blunders of that character which caused his unsightly demise too if I was ever rooting for Robb Stark, traitor that he was.

Depends in your perspective. If you were rooting for any of the other kings then yes he is a traitor. But from the Riverlands and Northern perspective he is a freedom fighter fighting for his kingdoms independence and justice

Who hates Robb. He's awesome. He was quite arguably the most just and honorable ruler so far in the series. Humble too, in that he didn't really seem to want to be king per say, and he had no intention to conqueror anything, he just wanted independence. Stannis is just I gusse, but arrogant and self serving in a way Robb wasn't. I kinda think he surpasses good old ned too (ned's a good guy but kinda dumb). but thinking about it, they're both kind of honorable to a fault. Robb broke a vow yeah, but he did it because he didn't want to dishonor Jeyne Westerling by sleeping with her and abandoing her. who knows what the hell he was thinking when he slept with her, but afterwards it would've been wrong to throw her away like some whore. Robb seems a bit smarter and more politically savvy than his father though, even though he really did mess up with Jeyne. Really he was just a pretty great guy if you ask me.

Who hates Robb. He's awesome. He was quite arguable the most just and honorable ruler so far in the series. Humble too, in that he didn't really seem to want to be king per say, and he had no intention to conqueror anything, he just wanted independence. Stannis is just I gusse, but arrogant and self serving in a way Robb wasn't. I kinda think he surpasses his father too. but thinking about it, they're both kind of honorable to a fault. Robb broke a vow yeah, but he did it because he didn't want to dishonor Jeyne Westerling by sleeping with her and abandoing her. Robb seems a bit smarter and more politically savvy than his father though. Really he was just a pretty great guy if you ask me.

Ha. This is why so many people hate Robb. How ironic.

yeah idk it was dumb as fuck but it was honorable in a sense. at least he seemed to rationalize it as such.

It was not honorable to break a vow to make another; especially when that first vow cost him his crown, life and the lives of half his family and banner men.

I make it a point not to try not to hate any characters that we don't have POV's of, because once you see inside someone's head it can really change your opinion of them. (Except Ramsay you twisted SOB. At least Joff was entertaining...)

I can't see anyone hating Robb. Not when his intentions in breaking his contract with the Freys was so pure. Then again, he would be a lot more tragic if he had married his Frey, and kept looking back and wondering if he could have broken his word for love.

That would have been epic, now that I think of it.

People just like to be overly critical with the use of hindsight. Everyone knows quite well the Freys went insanely overboard for their revenge yet they trash Robb as if it was crystal clear guest right was going to breached for the second time in the history of the 7 Kingdoms.

I make it a point not to try not to hate any characters that we don't have POV's of, because once you see inside someone's head it can really change your opinion of them. (Except Ramsay you twisted SOB. At least Joff was entertaining...)

I can't see anyone hating Robb. Not when his intentions in breaking his contract with the Freys was so pure. Then again, he would be a lot more tragic if he had married his Frey, and kept looking back and wondering if he could have broken his word for love.

That would have been epic, now that I think of it.

It would have been more tragic if he lived, won the war and always wondered about the girl he plowed way back in the day? Do you know what tragedy means? Have you read any of the books...or maybe about the wedding....or what ever...

It would have been more tragic if he lived, won the war and always wondered about the girl he plowed way back in the day? Do you know what tragedy means? Have you read any of the books...or maybe about the wedding....or what ever...

Oh, no. The Red Wedding was WAAAAY more tragic. But that still would have been sad, and would have made me admire his character more.

Oh, no. The Red Wedding was WAAAAY more tragic. But that still would have been sad, and would have made me admire his character more.

Well. that's exactly the point. Nobody like Robb because his little wolf head got so many people killed. We'd all admire him more if he hadn't fucked his family into the history books.

Archived