Anyone else find Ser Dontos super creepy?

That Demon Monkey

You do realise she is a huge part of why Ned was killed and her and her sister are being put through hell right?

All because she was too stupid to see Jof for what he was despite her father telling her in clear terms.

But No, Lemontart just HAD to go tell the Queen her dad is plotting to send her away and poor little her cannot say bye bye to her beloved Jof.

You must partially forgive me for hating on Sansa since I watched the show first and there she is much older so it's less easy to forgive how stupid she acts. I do prefer her in the books and I actually quite like her chapters BUT I still want to grab and shake her by the shoulders shouting "WAKE THE F#*K UP YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID GIRL! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" :bang:

I totally agree with you, if she didn't tell the queen. ned was going to send her away she would be in winterfell now most likely, and NOW all she wants is to get the hell out of kings landing. And then there is another part of me where she is only a innocent girl who wants to get away from the cruelty the king is inflicting upon her.

S..s..s..sorry. Don't want to have an opinion on a fictional character you like.

And what doubts did she really have? She sees him as her only hope. Only negative thing I recall her saying about him is she wishes he was more competent at fighting, more like the Hound.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you have no right to your own opinion. Just didn't want to see n-th thread sidetracked into 'Did Sansa cause Ned's execution or not'.

As for Sansa and Dontos... I will get back to you on this one later, I promise. :read:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you have no right to your own opinion. Just didn't want to see n-th thread sidetracked into 'Did Sansa cause Ned's execution or not'.

As for Sansa and Dontos... I will get back to you on this one later, I promise. :read:

No worries. In hindsight I suppose Sansa actually just buggered things up for herself and Arya (and therefor made things hard for her mother and brother) , not Ned. If she was sent off home in the night, Jaime would have been dead. well...that is actually a sad thing for the story.

• 2 months later...

No, not creepy at all. He makes Sansa's POV chapters enjoyable for me or else they would just be one big long whine story. I laugh heartily when she thinks of him as Jonquil or Florian (sorry I cannot remember who is the knight in that story). She actually believes HE will carry her to safety, the knight who arrived naked for a tourney, the knight who is now a fool & is alive because of her, and who is drunk more than half of the time. :cool4: I love the unintentional comedy the two provide.

She doubted him at first and thought he was a trap to test her loyalty when he sent a letter to meet him in the godswood.

I do not see him as creepy, a fool maybe to show up too drunk on wine to mount his horse on Joffrey's name day tourney. He owe his life to Sansa and see his chance in her to redeem himself. Not all story of valor are of pretty and lovely knight in shining armor, sometimes it comes unexpectedly from a drunken knight!

How do you two guys above me not find a 40+ year old man constantly trying to plant sloppy kisses on a 13 year old creepy?

And he is NOT doing any of this to redeem himself...

While reading ASOIAF, I really don't take into consideration any modern concepts of age difference, inbreeding, incest, cruelty, marital rape, etc because in Westeroes these things did not exist. They married Lysa to an old Jon Arryn, a supposedly honourable man stood mute thinking it his duty to guard the king while he raped his wife, etc. So while reading the books I try to have a Westerosi mindset for the sake of my own sanity........and then it doesn't creep me out at all.

• 6 months later...

Everyone find Sansa stupid and innocent, you know, like she can't make the difference between reality and her dreamed-stories. But I do think, after her father's death, she definitly knew what she was doing. She knew she would die if she did not listen to Jof and Cersei's commands. But I repeat AFTER HIS FATHER'S DEATH. You're quite right, she had figured out that if she wanted to survive she had to obey.

But, for Dontos, I think that, not yet simple-minded you know, he's just following someone's commands. And he's like an exit to this hell she's currently living.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BS. Sansa going to Cersei had no effect on anything that happened to Ned.

"We might have lost all. Even so, it was a close thing. If Sansa hadn't come to me and told me all her father's plans. . .”. Cersei had no reason to lie to Tyrion here, so I think it's safe to assume that yes, Sansa going to the queen caused the ship they were to take home to be seized along with the letter to Stannis that told all. If she hadn't got her hands on that letter things would've turned out very different.

I believe everything bad that happens to the Starks is a direct result of Catelyn's and Sansa's actions and/or council. Everything. . .

• 6 months later...

I believe everything bad that happens to the Starks is a direct result of Catelyn's and Sansa's actions and/or council. Everything. . .

Because Ned had nothing to do with it? He had plenty of opportunities to stop the oncoming train wreck but chose not to use them.

Also, things would have been very different had Arya not hit Joff. Had Jon not decided to go to the Wall. Had Robb not accepted being KitN. Had Bran not gone climbing :-)

Any given action can lead to an undesirable sequence of events... but it's not possible to attribute blame or responsibility unless there was negligence or malicious intent. I don't think Cat or Sansa were negligent or malicious in what they did, no-one could have anticipated what was to happen (except maybe Ned, who was best placed to do something... and yet missed his opportunity).

• 3 weeks later...

No, not creepy at all. He makes Sansa's POV chapters enjoyable for me or else they would just be one big long whine story. I laugh heartily when she thinks of him as Jonquil or Florian (sorry I cannot remember who is the knight in that story). She actually believes HE will carry her to safety, the knight who arrived naked for a tourney, the knight who is now a fool & is alive because of her, and who is drunk more than half of the time. :cool4: I love the unintentional comedy the two provide.

Does Sansa really think of him as her Florian? It's Dontos who's often calling himself Florian and when Sansa calls him that, IIRC, when she fails to manipulate him into rescuing her sooner. IIRC, the only moment where Sansa thinks of him as a Florian is after they... ehem, part ways.

Not creepy. Just drunk. And probably has little to no self esteem to act like a knight hunk much.. Jeffrey did disgrace him didn't he.

Come on, he's meeting an abused twelve years old by night, alone and trying to kiss her at all times in exchange from getting her away from jail. He's disgusting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get no creepy vibes at all. Though I am still reading so maybe I haven't gotten to the alleged creeping yet. But I see it more as if he wishes to create a relationship between the two of them wherein he can play the role of the gallant night and she the fair maiden in distress. In this scenario, which they both know is fictional, but they both want it to be true in order to deal with their current situations, he would worship her beauty and loveliness but from a chaste view. So, yes he is giving her the opportunity to be the lovely lady and himself the romantic knight but I think there's no lust, just a wish that he could play that role for her, and for himself.

Archived