ASOIAF 20 Questions v. 86

a free shadow

1. Not an object or character

2. Not words or action

Hint: Prophesy?

3. I am not looking for the prophesy so it isn't AA, tPtwP or The Last Hero.

4. Yes, it has come to pass.

Hint: I am looking for an event.

5. Happens during the 5 books.

6. Does not happen in Game or Clash.

7. Happens in Storm or Dance.

8. Happens in Dance.

9. Yes, some argue that the event is related to a prophetic statement by Quiathe.

10. Not Quentins death.

11. Happens on page in Dance.

12. Doesn't have anything to do with the mummer's dragon.

13. Something to do with Dany

14. Nothing to do with the pale mare.

15. It directly involves a dragon or blood (Not sure if I would consider it 'directly' but it certainly involved one of the two)

16. It's not Dany's miscarriage.

Bonus - It does not involve Victarion or Morroqo. I'm looking for an event that happens in Dance, not a specific line in a prophesy. It's not even sure this is something that has been prophesied, but some argues it has.

17. Not Dany passing under Drogo's shadow.

Hint: That's the right prophesy though.

1. Not an object or character

2. Not words or action

Hint: Prophesy?

3. I am not looking for the prophesy so it isn't AA, tPtwP or The Last Hero.

4. Yes, it has come to pass.

Hint: I am looking for an event.

5. Happens during the 5 books.

6. Does not happen in Game or Clash.

7. Happens in Storm or Dance.

8. Happens in Dance.

9. Yes, some argue that the event is related to a prophetic statement by Quiathe.

10. Not Quentins death.

11. Happens on page in Dance.

12. Doesn't have anything to do with the mummer's dragon.

13. Something to do with Dany

14. Nothing to do with the pale mare.

15. It directly involves a dragon or blood (Not sure if I would consider it 'directly' but it certainly involved one of the two)

16. It's not Dany's miscarriage.

Bonus - It does not involve Victarion or Morroqo. I'm looking for an event that happens in Dance, not a specific line in a prophesy. It's not even sure this is something that has been prophesied, but some argues it has.

17. Not Dany passing under Drogo's shadow.

Hint: That's the right prophesy though.

18. Not the ants coming over the wall.

Hint: That's the right chapter though.

I vote you tell us ;)

Let me just sum it up and I'm sure you'll get it. :P It's an event that happens in Dany's last chapter in Dance that involves a dragon (guess who?) or blood. MrsManderly was very very close when she asked if it was Kal/Ko Jaqho dying, but since that doesn't actually happen in the chapter it couldn't be his death.

This event does have something to do with Quiate's prophesy "To go north, you must go south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow." However, it is not necessary to think of the prophesy to get the answer.

If that doesn't make it clear feel free to ask another question (you have 2 more!) or reread the chapter? It's a good chapter anyways. :D

Is it when she jumps on Drogon, thinks 'to go forward I must go back', changes his direction to north-east, where the Dothraki man had come from and goes to confront Khal Jhaqo (with a horse snack on the way).ie she has changed her strategy.

It shoud be eating the horse or seeing the Dothraki again... I do not recall a prophecy like that though... Unless... "To go forward you must go back?"

Is it finding the Dothraki again?

Yes and yes. It is Dany meeting with the Dothraki hoard and specifically with Khal Jhaqo. When Dany chases after them she does indeed say to herself "to go forward you must go back".

Archived