Small Questions v 10012

Stubby

I had a question for D&E fans.

I think I read that Aerion Brightflame had a silver and gold dragon egg. Do you know what happened to this dragon egg? Or how Aerion found that dragon egg?

Also do you think this silver gold dragon egg hatched Viserion?

If you see the picture of Elaena Targaryen here http://awoiaf.wester...laena_Targaryen

she seems to be holding a silver gold dragon egg. They compliment her silver - gold hair.

Could Aerion Brightflame's egg have come from Elaena Targaryen, and could that be the same egg that hatched Viserion?

We don't know what happened to Brightflame's egg. Considering his life, it might be able to pop up anywhere in the world though.

Viserion's egg is a different one however. Brightflame's egg had veins of fiery colours, Viserion's doesn't. Plus, silver is not exactly the same colour as cream. Also, it sounds as if Brightflame's gold/silver distribution is roughly equal (as none of the colours is described as the main colour), while with Viserion's, cream is clearly the main colour and gold is only the colour of the streaks.

As for Elaena's egg: No idea how well researched Amoka's portrait is. He communicated directly with GRRM on some of the stuff for his paintings, so it might be more than just Amoka's own imagination.

EDIT: Just looked it up, yep, that portrait is accurate. Amoka has made his correspondence with GRRM about it available, and GRRM instructs him that "Elaena's most cherished possession was a dragon's egg whose stony shell showed the same colors as her hair." (SSM)

EDIT 2: Just updated the wiki page with that info. I think this should now be an up to date list of all the eggs we know of.

We don't know what happened to Brightflame's egg. Considering his life, it might be able to pop up anywhere in the world though.

Viserion's egg is a different one however. Brightflame's egg had veins of fiery colours, Viserion's doesn't. Plus, silver is not exactly the same colour as cream. Also, it sounds as if Brightflame's gold/silver distribution is roughly equal (as none of the colours is described as the main colour), while with Viserion's, cream is clearly the main colour and gold is only the colour of the streaks.

As for Elaena's egg: No idea how well researched Amoka's portrait is. He communicated directly with GRRM on some of the stuff for his paintings, so it might be more than just Amoka's own imagination.

EDIT: Just looked it up, yep, that portrait is accurate. Amoka has made his correspondence with GRRM about it available, and GRRM instructs him that "Elaena's most cherished possession was a dragon's egg whose stony shell showed the same colors as her hair." (SSM)

EDIT 2: Just updated the wiki page with that info. I think this should now be an up to date list of all the eggs we know of.

Thanks, DW!

Yeah there are a lot of dragon eggs floating around out there if they weren't all destroyed at Summerhall. Egg mentions he and each of his siblings got one in their cradle, and they were children of a fourth Targaryen son. He also mentions there were more on Dragonstone from before the Dance of Dragons.

I had a question for D&E fans.

I think I read that Aerion Brightflame had a silver and gold dragon egg. Do you know what happened to this dragon egg? Or how Aerion found that dragon egg?

Also do you think this silver gold dragon egg hatched Viserion?

If you see the picture of Elaena Targaryen here http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Elaena_Targaryen

she seems to be holding a silver gold dragon egg. They compliment her silver - gold hair.

Could Aerion Brightflame's egg have come from Elaena Targaryen, and could that be the same egg that hatched Viserion?

I'm not so sure the eggs Illyrio gave Dany were from the 7K Targs. Dany noted that Illyrio was a trader in dragonbone among other things and Illyrio claimed that the eggs he gave her were from Asshai.

Is anyone aware of where GRRM said he wished he made book Stannis more martial (similar to his depiction in the show)?

I see it claimed occasionally but have never actually seen the source.

Show Stannis is a wus compared to book Stannis.

Stannis and Davos are the only two persons we know of Melisandre intends to make shadowbabies with, she only succeeds with the former. Is there a particular reason why nobody else can do so or why Melisandre does not want anyone else? Because I'm pretty sure the Queen's men wouldn't have a problem with it, the opposite actually, and 1-2 shadow babies per person would make for a mighty fine assassination force.

Stannis and Davos are the only two persons we know of Melisandre intends to make shadowbabies with, she only succeeds with the former. Is there a particular reason why nobody else can do so or why Melisandre does not want anyone else? Because I'm pretty sure the Queen's men wouldn't have a problem with it, the opposite actually, and 1-2 shadow babies per person would make for a mighty fine assassination force.

Well you don't want it openly known that you're sending out shadow assassins, that would probably alienate a few people. It's also possible she needs "king's sperm" to make the shadowbabies and was just teasing Davos about sleeping with him.

Well you don't want it openly known that you're sending out shadow assassins, that would probably alienate a few people. It's also possible she needs "king's sperm" to make the shadowbabies and was just teasing Davos about sleeping with him.

There's no need to tell anyone, if told so I'm sure any of the Queen's men would've "bent to the task".

For the second part, I did not get the impression that she was joking/teasing, but it is a possible explanation, although I'm not entirely sure that the "King's blood" is really legit. But if it is, why not Mance?

In addition to Maege Mormont, Jason Mallister and Galbart Glover- Edmure Tully, Greatjon Umber and Raynald Westerling were present. Since all of these witnesses still live (except, reportedly, Westerling) and Catelyn also has an idea of the content we can assume the will is not news to many of the Northern and Riverlands lords. Whether Roose himself is aware is a matter of some debate. Personally I think he is aware.

Ah ok thanks. I read a comment from a different thread that all Robb's bannermen affixed their seals to his will but I doubt that. If Roose knows that Robb wanted Jon to succeed him, he'll do something about it like report it to Tywin in case a threat will arise, or he'll ignore that piece of paper like Cersei did to Robert's will. If he doesn't know, well good luck to him; he played the game of thrones and he'll be dead soon. :P

I loathe show Stannis a fair deal, trust me, but I'm talking about where GRRM supposedly said he wished that book Stannis was more like show Stannis in how he fought (leading from the front, things like that).

Well, hopefully we'll get to see book Stannis kick a little butt on the ice.

Ah ok thanks. I read a comment from a different thread that all Robb's bannermen affixed their seals to his will but I doubt that. If Roose knows that Robb wanted Jon to succeed him, he'll do something about it like report it to Tywin in case a threat will arise, or he'll ignore that piece of paper like Cersei did to Robert's will. If he doesn't know, well good luck to him; he played the game of thrones and he'll be dead soon. :P

Or tlell his son who might in turn draft a pink letter...

Wasn't she lookin to bang Jon?

That might have had nothing to do with making shadowbabies. I mean where would she even send one at that point in time?

She could send it wherever... Most like WF or in that general direction. I would imagine a shadow can move pretty quick.

She could send it wherever... Most like WF or in that general direction. I would imagine a shadow can move pretty quick.

I guess, but I would think she would have sent one with or ahead of Stannis if that was her intention. It's also possible that Winterfell has the same kinda spells woven into it's walls that prevented her from sending one into Storm's End. There has to be some catch, or she just would have lined up all the men at Dragonstone after the Blackwater and sent out an army of shadow's to kill everyone Stannis needed dead. I'm guessing it takes a huge toll on her as well as the man.

I guess, but I would think she would have sent one with or ahead of Stannis if that was her intention. It's also possible that Winterfell has the same kinda spells woven into it's walls that prevented her from sending one into Storm's End. There has to be some catch, or she just would have lined up all the men at Dragonstone after the Blackwater and sent out an army of shadow's to kill everyone Stannis needed dead. I'm guessing it takes a huge toll on her as well as the man.

She could have seen the battle in her flames... Because IIRC she was putting the moves on jon WAY after Stannis was gone. She may have wanted to send it to do damage in the field. Not inside a castle at all. But it is all speculation since obviously nothing happened.

Archived