Who is best suited to lead the fight against the Others?

Leman Russ

I'm sorry but near as I can tell she has a dragon, as in one. A dragon that may or may not be vulnerable to skinchangers and may not even be effective against the Others. It's also possible that the Others give the dragons as good as they get.

As someone who sees both the Others and dragons as two sides of the same malevolent coin, I'm always confused to see so many people thinking the dragons are "good guys" here. Hint: if something requires a blood sacrifice to just exist, it's not "good."

Who said dragons are good guys? They can use fire, they can burn melt Ice people. That's it.

I didn't say that they are good. I implied that they are effective for the purpose.

LOL at Jon, he's such a great leader his own top lieutenants assassinated him months after taking office. Him in charge would be a great way to doom humanity,

If Jon's warged Ghost and he spends too long dwelling there, he might be resurrected with half the mind of a Direwolf.

(this is what Varamyr says happens to over-wargs).

I wouldn't mess.

LOL at Jon, he's such a great leader his own top lieutenants assassinated him months after taking office. Him in charge would be a great way to doom humanity,

As a counter point to this, I'll state a pretty commonly used argument on Jon's competence.

HE'S DA PWINCE DAT WAS PROMISED AND HES A TARGRYN AND HE WILL SAVE DA WURLD AND MARRY DANY AND EVERYON WILL BE HAPPY EVER AFTER.

Thanks for reading...

Just let Dany handle this. She is super competent and if you disagree, you are a sexist...

I see :blushing:

I'm sure Dany and her dragons will help a lot against the Others, and didn't Sam say something about fire being used against the Others yrs ago?

and yet Meraxes was unable to fight during a storm, of course Dany's chicks will survive during LN2.0. :bang:

I'm sure Dany and her dragons will help a lot against the Others, and didn't Sam say something about fire being used against the Others yrs ago?

Fire only dismays them. It doesn't seem to destroy them the way it does wights. Even if you accept that dragons might be helpful against wights, that doesn't necessarily imply any utility on Dany's end. Maybe you need to be a greenseer to warg a dragon or be a warg with Targaryen blood. We got any of those lying around?

And Dany's such a great leader that she's too stupid to see the Harpy literally sitting right across from her. So what's your point? At least Jon knew Bowen and Co. were trouble. Dany still thinks of the Green Grace as her BFF.

^^^^ Jon also held the wall against 100,000 plus Wildlings, commanded effectively and inspired loyalty from his men. And don't even start with the "oh it was women and children and peasants" BS, from the text....

Beneath the trees were all the wildlings in the world; raiders and giants, wargs and skinchangers, mountain men, salt sea sailors, ice river cannibals, cave dwellers with dyed faces, dog chariots from the Frozen Shore, Hornfoot men with their soles like boiled leather, all the queer wild folk Mance had gathered to break the Wall"

David, just because you don't like Jon, that doesn't mean he would inevitably fail in any future endeavors.

Everything Dany has managed has been because of her Dragons, she's a naive person who has already proved herself an incompetent ruler, so again the only thing she was vaguely sucessful at was pleasing Kal Drogo, she should just go to Vaes Dothrak and give her Dragons to someone who is going to have both the courage and intelligence to use them properly.

Oh lorrrrrrd this is some ignorant bullshit.

• "Everything Dany has done is because of her dragonz!!!!! sO UNFAIR!!!!11!!" - So Dany hatched the dragons because she had dragons???
  • Yes, she can be naive; however, she has also made wise decisions (she conquered three cities after all, and tamed a dragon with a whip while her hair was burning).
  • "Incompetent ruler" - eh, debatable. She made mistakes in Meereen, but she also learned very valuable lessons; by her last few chapters in Meereen (particularly her 8th chapter), it's clear she has learned a lot and is making far more informed decisions.
  • She was also successful at hatching dragons, leading her people across the Red Waste, conquering cities, and taming a dragon.
  • Dany lacks courage??? WTF??? She literally walked into a fire to bring the dragons to life, and they drank the milk from her breasts. She then jumped into the pit and fought Drogon with a single whip, whilst her hair was on fire.
  • Dany lacks intelligence??? She's a child, and as she notes: "The godswife thought her a child, but children grow, and children learn"
  • Dany's only problem is her lack of education, which shouldn't really be held against her considering that she never had the privileges that most POV characters/other leaders in this series had. She says it herself: " “I never had a maester growing up.” Only a brother."

And Dany's such a great leader that she's too stupid to see the Harpy literally sitting right across from her. So what's your point? At least Jon knew Bowen and Co. were trouble. Dany still thinks of the Green Grace as her BFF.

How thick do you have to be to not pick up on Bowen's opposition. He made no attempt to hide his displeasure.

Not the same as the situation with the Green Grace at all.

Did I mention Dany anywhere? No, I didn't.

Putting the fate of the world in the hands of 16-17 years old teens is a recipe for disaster.

How thick do you have to be to not pick up on Bowen's opposition. He made no attempt to hide his displeasure.

Not the same as the situation with the Green Grace at all.

It would take maybe five minutes of critical thinking to figure out who the Grace really is. And I'm rounding up.

Everything Dany has managed has been because of her Dragons, she's a naive person who has already proved herself an incompetent ruler, so again the only thing she was vaguely sucessful at was pleasing Kal Drogo, she should just go to Vaes Dothrak and give her Dragons to someone who is going to have both the courage and intelligence to use them properly.

You've learned to use your powers for good.

He would be better than all the others leaders like Joffery, Cersei, Robert, Catelyn, Stannis, Renly, and others since their war has put humanity in the position where it is threatened.

Oh lorrrrrrd this is some ignorant bullshit.

• "Everything Dany has done is because of her dragonz!!!!! sO UNFAIR!!!!11!!" - So Dany hatched the dragons because she had dragons???
  • Yes, she can be naive; however, she has also made wise decisions (she conquered three cities after all, and tamed a dragon with a whip while her hair was burning).
  • "Incompetent ruler" - eh, debatable. She made mistakes in Meereen, but she also learned very valuable lessons; by her last few chapters in Meereen (particularly her 8th chapter), it's clear she has learned a lot and is making far more informed decisions.
  • She was also successful at hatching dragons, leading her people across the Red Waste, conquering cities, and taming a dragon.
  • Dany lacks courage??? WTF??? She literally walked into a fire to bring the dragons to life, and they drank the milk from her breasts. She then jumped into the pit and fought Drogon with a single whip, whilst her hair was on fire.
  • Dany lacks intelligence??? She's a child, and as she notes: "The godswife thought her a child, but children grow, and children learn"
  • Dany's only problem is her lack of education, which shouldn't really be held against her considering that she never had the privileges that most POV characters/other leaders in this series had. She says it herself: " “I never had a maester growing up.” Only a brother."

No one would have followed her if it wern't for her Dragons, you want to talk about courage, look at Arya, look at Jon, not Dany surrounded by people who do her fighting for her,eating grapes and making ill informed decisions and not heeding the counsel of people far wiser, she's hardly a tactical genius, she lacks the stomach and the intelligence to rule and she is an embarassment to House Targaryen, who I would actually quite like to see back on the Iron Throne for nostalgias sake if it wern't for the fact it would mean Dany being Queen.

Archived