London BWB meet up: Thurs 29 Aug

Mlle. Zabzie is coming over to London and bringing her 3 year old twin daughters with her. Zabzie has a babysitter for the twins and would love to meet up with anyone who is around for a drink next Thursday evening.

I can't get there before 6.00 pm but no reason not to start the drinking earlier if others can be there earlier.

We just need to settle on a venue. I am checking with Zabzie to see whereabouts in London she is staying and we can maybe pick some place close to there, but feel free to make suggestions if there's a good place you want to suggest.

Please post in this thread if you would like to attend and we'll make sure you don't miss out on any important info.

ATTENDING

Mlle.Zabzie

MG

Eloisa + MC Geek

MinDonner

NOT ATTENDING

Dracarya

Targh

It's not a restaurant, the tables are just big beer-hall-style tables with benches, so a ballpark figure should be good enough. I can get there for about 5.30 and try to grab one otherwise.

Zabz - the pub is quite near Borough Market which is worth a visit while you're in the area (it mostly happens on Fridays, but there are usually a bunch of stalls open on Thursdays too). And there's a London Bridge Tube station access point right near the entrance, on Borough High Street/Southwark Street (where the two diverge) - to get into the pub, go down the stairs in the big blue Hop Exchange building.

Zabz - the pub is quite near Borough Market which is worth a visit while you're in the area (it mostly happens on Fridays, but there are usually a bunch of stalls open on Thursdays too). And there's a London Bridge Tube station access point right near the entrance, on Borough High Street/Southwark Street (where the two diverge) - to get into the pub, go down the stairs in the big blue Hop Exchange building.

Thanks! (I have been to Borough Market on another trip - husband person dragged me to have some sort of outrageous duck sandwich - then I wandered from stall to stall, basically eating my way through the market - a pie or two, some sweets and lord knows what else, I sort of rolled out of there and into a nap :) I may check it out this time, but fear that if I went in, I'd never come out).

Archived