When and Why did Daenerys change her mind?

Lady-Nymeria

I meat that, at the beginning, she doesn't share her brother's ambition to conquer Westeros, as she doesn't feel that her home is there. The only home she has known was the one with the door that she remembered, but she knew she couldn't go back there. So she decides to make Drogo's khalassar her home, instead of waiting to cross the Narrow Sea for that. But later she makes Drogo promise her that he will conquer the Seven Kingdoms for her. So, why did she change her mind?

When Dany had no one but Viserys she was a scared child living in fear of a domineering brother whose only desire was to be king of westeros. After marrying Khal Drogo Dany becomes a woman and is no longer under Viserys control, What better way to prove that she is better than Viserys ever was than to do what he could not? Return to Westeros and claim the Iron Throne

• 2 weeks later...

She tought that, but she ISN'T, SHE'S A HUMAN, and she ISN'T IMMUNE TO FIRE

actualy the targarians have dragon blood (that means that some where down the line they were dragons [that also mean that someone had sex with a dragon]) and in some targarians the dragon gene is active and she is can whit stand fire better than normal humans becouse she is one of such targarions. (another example being agon the conquerer)

I agree with the bastard over there, I think when she realized that she was the last dragon and I also recall her saying that dragons don't burn or something similar.

she said that dragons can't get killed by heat, and veseris was killed by heat (liquid gold) and as i said above that ment he couldn't be the person who was ment to claim westros becouse that person would show the dragon gene.

actualy the targarians have dragon blood (that means that some where down the line they were dragons [that also mean that someone had sex with a dragon]) and in some targarians the dragon gene is active and she is can whit stand fire better than normal humans becouse she is one of such targarions. (another example being agon the conquerer)

she said that dragons can't get killed by heat, and veseris was killed by heat (liquid gold) and as i said above that ment he couldn't be the person who was ment to claim westros becouse that person would show the dragon gene.

Have a look at this and this topic.

• 1 month later...

She thinks she owes it to her ancestors, her brother, and her future son to take back the Iron Throne. It isn't until Drogo and Rhaego's deaths that she begins to claim the Iron Throne for herself, presumably because she feels like she has nothing else left, but also because of the dragon dream where she sees herself in Rhaegar's armour and hears herself being called "the last dragon".

She doesn't know what she is doing... I think it was when Drogo and his son died, first she was following Viserys, then Drogo and the idea that his son would be king. When the last two died she just continues ahead out of "If I look back I am lost" or Targaryen crazynes :P

She doesn't know what she is doing... I think it was when Drogo and his son died, first she was following Viserys, then Drogo and the idea that his son would be king. When the last two died she just continues ahead out of "If I look back I am lost" or Targaryen crazynes :P

Care to elaborate on this?

Care to elaborate on this?

Viserys thought it was his right to sit on the iron throne, Dany only wanted "to go home", even though the only "home" she can recall is that with the red door, Viserys told her that the only way to get home was to conquer the seven kingdoms. Then, when Viserys died she put his son in his place. Now his son is the rightful king, and she keeps "going home" the Viserys way. But then Drogo and his son also died, and the witch told her she will never have another son...

Jorah: Princess

Dany: Whay you call me that? My brother Viserys was your King, was he not?

Jorah: He was my lady

Dany: Viserys is dead, I'm his heir, the last blood of house Targaryen, whatever was his is mine now.

... so now she is (as far as she knows) the last dragon and she take upon herself the task... to find whatever that mean/is.

... so now she is (as far as she knows) the last dragon and she take upon herself the task... to find whatever that mean/is.

Then she knows what she's doing. When Viserys was alive she only knew whatever Viserys used to regale. But that innocent girl dreaming of that red door has learned a great deal since then, and

developed into a conqueror.

Viserys said with great passion that he is going take them home in Westeros but he cannot even lead an army nor let the dothraki army follow him, so how are they going home?

Yup, Dany's home she could recall is the house with the red door (symbolic for safe haven) but that one is the childhood she had lost and not really a home (and she can't remain as a child forever - being cared for and without responsibility - coz she is now a mother).

This too -

She thinks she owes it to her ancestors, her brother, and her future son to take back the Iron Throne. It isn't until Drogo and Rhaego's deaths that she begins to claim the Iron Throne for herself, presumably because she feels like she has nothing else left, but also because of the dragon dream where she sees herself in Rhaegar's armour and hears herself being called "the last dragon".

Archived