When and Why did Daenerys change her mind?

Lady-Nymeria

actualy the targarians have dragon blood (that means that some where down the line they were dragons [that also mean that someone had sex with a dragon]) and in some targarians the dragon gene is active and she is can whit stand fire better than normal humans becouse she is one of such targarions. (another example being agon the conquerer)

she said that dragons can't get killed by heat, and veseris was killed by heat (liquid gold) and as i said above that ment he couldn't be the person who was ment to claim westros becouse that person would show the dragon gene.

so the Starks have direwolve's blood? She can stand very hot water and hot weather (just like Egg could), but it doesn't mean she is immune. I thought so until the her last chapter in ADWD (where she got blisters on all over her hands) and then I discovered that GRRM said that "fireproof immune" is nonsense, the pyre was "one time thing" and really, I tend to believe the author on that.

Not mentioning that many of her ancestors were killed by fire, for example, the same Egg (who was considered as a real dragon) in Summerhall.

I never thought that she changed her mind at all. It seems that deep down she always wanted a throne. Look at her behavior, when she got even little power, she thinks of herself as most worthy and she truly thinks that the throne is hers- such things never come out of nowhere, she always was like that, but she unleashed that from the depth of her character, when she became a woman/wife/mother and dragons.

I never thought that she changed her mind at all. It seems that deep down she always wanted a throne. Look at her behavior, when she got even little power, she thinks of herself as most worthy and she truly thinks that the throne is hers- such things never come out of nowhere, she always was like that, but she unleashed that from the depth of her character, when she became a woman/wife/mother and dragons.

LOL that is such a bad reading that I literally don't know where to begin. Dany seriously didn't even consider the throne for herself until she believed all her male relatives were dead, so she decided "Fuck this shit, I'm gonna have to conquer Westeros myself".

But deep down? She doesn't want the throne at all. She wants the house with the red door. She wants to live in the Dothraki Sea with Drogon. She wants to be happy.

Then she knows what she's doing. When Viserys was alive she only knew whatever Viserys used to regale. But that innocent girl dreaming of that red door has learned a great deal since then, and

developed into a conqueror.

When she got Drogo to agree to cross the narrow sea she didn't knew that the Dothraki therefore will need to raid and sack... she didn't like that part, tried to help... and it backfired... she didn't knew.

I mean she knows she wants to conquer westeros but knows nothing about what that can lead to... She knows she is the last dragon and thinks she has to conquer westeros... but who knows, maybe being the last dragon has something to do with The Others...

One could hope that she learns enough to avoid an ending like Viserys :P

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting question--as this marks the begining Daenery's transition from a simple girl into a true khaleesi, as she learns that with her brother dead, the responsibility to restore the Targaryen's back unto The Iron Throne now rests on her shoulders; as she is the last of the royal bloodline. Before his death, she was simply a thrall to him--expecting to be wed to Viserys, as was traditional among the Targaryens, and be his queen. Now she must be the ruler. She must take control, and since she is now the head of a great khalasar, she now has the means and the incentive to do so.

SO YEAH. It was basically a no brainer for her; because ain't nobdy wants to join the dosh khaleen in Vaes Dothrak, ain't nobody. :ack:

• 1 month later...

Archived