[Starz] Black Sails [Spoilers off the port bow!]

Commodore

The novelty of a TV series about pirates is enough to offset the association with Michael Bay. Looks like it'll be about the same in terms of acting quality and interesting story lines as Hell On Wheels. Which isn't spectacular, but is still a cut above the average TV show. I'll give it a shot to see if it does anything with the potential.

The novelty of a TV series about pirates is enough to offset the association with Michael Bay. Looks like it'll be about the same in terms of acting quality and interesting story lines as Hell On Wheels. Which isn't spectacular, but is still a cut above the average TV show. I'll give it a shot to see if it does anything with the potential.

All of this, but particularly the bold section.

hopefully it will have sword fights like

The only good thing about that movie is that swordfight.

On the subject of Black Sails, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how it works out. I don't have any high hopes or anything, but Spartacus on Starz turned out to be pretty good and damned entertainig (despite a terrible few early episodes).

And it's about time Pirates gets more love on the small screen.

Looks pretty interesting. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of ship based show/scenes, and more of the shore stuff, but we'll see (may be based on their budget). The one odd thing I noticed was the weird goblin/demon thing... so hopefully this won't have too much of the Pirates of the Caribbean garbage.

Spartacus with pirates. I'll watch the pilot at least (well maybe a few more given the spartacus pilot). It's starz! so there will be a lot of wenching but hopefully some interesting story to back it up.

Isn't there a pirate show with Hugh Laurie coming out too? Or was he the initial rumour for the John Malkovich one?

Spartacus with pirates. I'll watch the pilot at least (well maybe a few more given the spartacus pilot). It's starz! so there will be a lot of wenching but hopefully some interesting story to back it up.

Isn't there a pirate show with Hugh Laurie coming out too? Or was he the initial rumour for the John Malkovich one?

Yeah, exit Hugh Laurie. It's John F***ing Malkovich as Blackbeard. I can't wait... :drool:

Too bad it's on NBC...

Yeah, exit Hugh Laurie. It's John F***ing Malkovich as Blackbeard. I can't wait... :drool:

Too bad it's on NBC...

Sounds like a better fit to be honest. I agree it's a shame it's on NBC. At least Starz! have the luxury of making it clear it's not "pirates of the caribean - the tv show". It'll be fun to compare and contrast the two though. If only HBO had a pirate show as well,

Sounds like a better fit to be honest. I agree it's a shame it's on NBC. At least Starz! have the luxury of making it clear it's not "pirates of the caribean - the tv show". It'll be fun to compare and contrast the two though. If only HBO had a pirate show as well,

I think it's gonna be a lot grittier than PotC

The way they are showing this like it's the next big thing since Spartacus it's proof enough that this is not gonna be a pretty show or light like Disney's Pirates

• 1 month later...

Archived