Queen Myrcella: The Coronation

SkaggCannibal

We know the prophecy of Maggy said something along the lines of golden crowns, golden shrouds for all the children of Cersei. Some doubt it litterally needs to mean they all get crowned King/Queen of Westeros and die in that position, but I think they will. Now with Myrcella still in Dorne, Dorne seeking a Targaryen-alliance and things a little icky at King's Landing, it doesn't seem like Myrcella is going to get her crown anytime soon. Dorne would be stupid to give her up while going to war against her family.

How will Myrcella get her coronation? There are 2 possibilities:

- Cersei crowns her: this seems most in line with the prophecy because that makes Cersei responsible for the crown on her head and subsequently also her death.

- Dorne crowns her: Dorne gets sick of Targaryens or they don't believe Aegon real. They got a wildcard with Myrcella and decide if not Quentyn, they still can get Trystane on the throne.

What do you think? I think the general idea of Aegon meets Dorne defeats severely damaged Lannister-Tyrell alliance will not happen, because it would mean Myrcella never gets her crown. How will Myrcella ever get her crown? I'm trying to come up with a plausible scenario, but can't find it. The closest I get is Dorne initially helping Aegon, defeating Tyrells and after that switching their allegiance from King Aegon to Queen Myrcella after Tommen has died. (when they find out Aegon isn't real?)

Another possibility is Cersei stepping up her game, getting her hands back on Myrcella and after a mysterious Tommen-death crowning her. Or during/just before a violent sack of King's Landings and death of Tommen, manages to escape with Myrcella to Casterly Rock, where she crown her Queen of Westeros and where they together wait for the final blow.

So, how do you think Myrcella will get her crown?

Isn't Myrcella already being escourted back to KL by Lady Nym and Tyene? I think Myrcella will be crowned Queen when Tommen dies.

No she remains in Dorne as long as the Kingsguard that came for her is still in pursuit of Darkstar. I thought this was why Arianne made Myrcella ask Ser Swann to go after Darkstar, to keep Myrcella in Dorne.

No she remains in Dorne as long as the Kingsguard that came for her is still in pursuit of Darkstar. I thought this was why Arianne made Myrcella ask Ser Swann to go after Darkstar, to keep Myrcella in Dorne.

In the epilogue of ADwD, Ser Kevan says that Myrcella is being escourted back to KL by Lady Nym who will be taking Oberyn's place on the small council.

That is what I recall as well. As far we know Dorne is leving its options open and still nominally recognises Tommen as King. Not really sure how Myrcellas injuries have effected her psychologically. Cersei might not be able to control her the way she has Tommen. She might prefer living over being Queen. As far as we know none of Cerseis kids know the truth about their parentage but Myrcella is the smartest and might suspect the truth. Still with her being maimed she will probaly figure that the only reason someone is marrying her is for her claim and she might rebel against that as well. If Cersei lives for awhile and we continue to get POVs from her it will be interesting to see her interact with Myrcella if she does indeed return to KL.

In the epilogue of ADwD, Ser Kevan says that Myrcella is being escourted back to KL by Lady Nym who will be taking Oberyn's place on the small council.

Ow thanks I must have missed that. Well that makes it fairly simple then, so Cersei will be crowning her. The only mystery is how Tommen will come to his end, I'm thinking Dornish poison.

There are some blanks to be fill we dont know how between ADOD and WOW gift chapters.

ADOD ends with arianne leading ser balon to chase gerold dayne.

Ser balon (probably the most competent knight of the guard) is the one who is asaigned to esscort Myrcella back to KL

-Arianne is shown in WOW doing something different. No Myrcella, no balon no gerold.

Isn't Myrcella already being escourted back to KL by Lady Nym and Tyene? I think Myrcella will be crowned Queen when Tommen dies.

I think so too.

As to the OP, I don't think Dorne would switch sides against (believed) Elia's son just to crown the granddaughter of the man who ordered the deaths of Elia and her children, and the daughter of the women who plotted to have Trystane killed, signaling that Cersei doesn't want to see the betrothal through.

From tze

Prince Doran pressed the onyx dragon into her palm with swollen, gouty fingers, and whispered, "Fire and blood."

He is highborn enough to make a worthy consort, she[Arianne] thought. Father would question my good sense, but our children would be as beautiful as dragonlords.

These same thoughts could also be about Aegon.

Doran Martell and his Norvoshi wife had spent half their marriage apart and the other half arguing. It was the only rash thing his father had ever done, to hear some tell it, the only time he had followed his heart instead of his head, and he had lived to rue it.

TWoW Arianne I

Pretty boys had ever been her weakness, particularly the ones who were dark and dangerous as well. That was before, when I was just a girl, she told herself. I am a woman now, my father’s daughter. I have learned that lesson.

The only thing Doran had ever been considered to have done rashly is his marriage. Arianne thinks of herself as her father's daughter, and she may reflect that in her marriage to Aegon.

Arianne will marry Aegon, and be his queen.

Myrcella is already dead, having died of poison/infection resulting from Darkstar's wound. Doran has placed her body in a coffin along with the golden crown prepared for her in the "Queenmaker" chapter. He probably plans to deliver it to Cersei as a mean-spirited surprise "gift" coinciding with the launch of the war that will put Young Griff on the Iron Throne. The girl currently at the Water Gardens is Rosamund Lannister.

I think Tommen dies and because of the war that is rageing all around westeros, the Tyrells crown Margery. Margery immediately seizes Cersie as a hostage. After hearing this the Dornish crowm Myrcella and marry her to Aegon or some other Dornish Lord.

Myrcella is already dead, having died of poison/infection resulting from Darkstar's wound. Doran has placed her body in a coffin along with the golden crown prepared for her in the "Queenmaker" chapter. He probably plans to deliver it to Cersei as a mean-spirited surprise "gift" coinciding with the launch of the war that will put Young Griff on the Iron Throne. The girl currently at the Water Gardens is Rosamund Lannister.

Sounds legit. When Arianne gives the "ok", Doran will declare total war.

:crying: Poor Myrcella

How will Myrcella get her coronation? There are 2 possibilities:

- Cersei crowns her: this seems most in line with the prophecy because that makes Cersei responsible for the crown on her head and subsequently also her death.

- Dorne crowns her: Dorne gets sick of Targaryens or they don't believe Aegon real. They got a wildcard with Myrcella and decide if not Quentyn, they still can get Trystane on the throne.

What do you think? I think the general idea of Aegon meets Dorne defeats severely damaged Lannister-Tyrell alliance will not happen, because it would mean Myrcella never gets her crown. How will Myrcella ever get her crown? I'm trying to come up with a plausible scenario, but can't find it.

Actually, I have another scenario in mind.

Myrcella ends up marrying "Aegon" somehow she meets Aegon, and he marries her instead of Arianne (for some reason - maybe they actually fall in love, who knows?).

However, in a perverse sort of way, Cersei becomes insanely jealous and fearful of Myrcella, because her daughter now fulfills Cersei's paranoia of the "younger, more beautiful" girl who will take everything she holds dear.

Myrcella marrying Aegon means she is a queen, means she opposes Tommen's rule, means that she achieves the Targaryen / Lannister mating Cersei always thought should have been hers, and above all it means she will take away all the power Cersei holds over the realm. Cersei goes insane (well, even more insane), and orchestrates the death of her own daughter.

I like this. It seems odd that Myrcella has mysteriously disappeared from POV view. We hear all about her, but we haven't "seen" her since the time of her injury.

Someone on an earlier thread suggested that the "tell" between Myrcella and her double Rosamund is that Myrcella was very talented at cyvasse, while Rosamund was uninterested in the game. If we see "Myrcella" turning down a game, it could be significant.

Wow you really like grinding that axe. She is still alive as far as the book goes. Its just a theory that she is dead. its not even like Schroedinger's Jon, where he is dying yet there is a resurrector right there at the wall. Khal Drogo and Myrcella are not going to die in the same manner,

Its UnMyrcella who is going to KL. It is known.

exit question: How did Ros leave Winterfel? Through the Hodor.

Wow you really like grinding that axe.

Hmm. Hostility?

She is still alive as far as the book goes.

Yes. Though it would be more fair to say that the book contains evidence suggesting she is alive and evidence suggesting she is dead. The evidence suggesting she is alive is more obvious. The evidence suggsting she is dead is more subtle. But the question is, which is more convincing?

Its just a theory that she is dead.

Theories, like hypotheses, are sometimes correct.

But you are free to argue against it.

I'm going to repost something I wrote in another thread:

I have a theory (that might sound a bit crackpot) in which Tommen is mudered by the Sand Snakes(that would be their pay back for Cersei's plot to kill Trystane) they would make it look like some kind of accident or disease. After that they would support Myrcella's rise to queen and turn the girl against her mother, that should be easy because by that time Cersei's paranoia would reach her peak and everyone will think that she is crazy, even Myrcella, besides that Cersei's problems with the Faith would be one more reason for Queen Myrcella keep her distance from her mother.

The Tyrells knowing that they lost their influence might support Aegon and by that time Aegon and Arienne would be secretly married, that would ironically put the Martels and the Tyrells on the same side. Sonner or later Myrcella would get killed because the dornish would pull the rug from her and the Lannisters would be over

Hmm. Hostility?

Theories, like hypotheses, are sometimes correct.

No, it is just I read like 4 of your posts and they all deal with this.

Hypotheses are Theories, no difference. Sound like Noise can be heard. Light like Illumination is bright, Superfluous and redundant are redundant.

If she is dead why would Dornish talk about her as alive and the real Myrcella in their own super secret meeting. Balon Swann would know the real Myrcella having seen her grow up around him. Elleria Sand ask if Myrcella and Tommen have to die to exact revenge, meaning still alive. Why would a clearly pragmatic Doran send two of his nieces into range of the Lannisters with incredible easy to spot double even if she was dead they would still bring the body to KL

Archived