Queen Myrcella: The Coronation

SkaggCannibal

No, it is just I read like 4 of your posts and they all deal with this.

You sound hostile. Are you telling me to shut up?

Hypotheses are Theories, no difference.

???

So you agree that "Theories, like hypothesese, are sometimes correct"? You just want to tell me that theories are REALLY REALLY like hypothesies? Thanks for setting me straight.

Sound like Noise can be heard. Light like Illumination is bright, Superfluous and redundant are redundant.

That sounds like pure mockery. Without any relevance whatsoever to the discussion. Please calm down your hostility.

If she is dead why would Dornish talk about her as alive and the real Myrcella in their own super secret meeting.

It's not a "super-secret" meeting. These are informal meetings, involving people not yet in on the secret, where Doran is constantly objecting that this is not the time and place to talk openly about secret things.

Balon Swann would know the real Myrcella having seen her grow up around him.

He does not know her nearly as well as Arys Oakheart. And unlike Arys, he had not seen Myrcella in over a year, and everyone knows that children grow and change. And yet, even Arys Oakheart said that he could almost have been fooled by Rosamund, sitting in a dim room, with Maester's salve on her face.

To add to the confusion, Balon will be warned that Myrcella has been seriously injured. Some facial swelling will be expected. She will not only have maester's salve, but bandages too.

That's the whole point of Rosamund. She looks enough like Myrcella to fool somebody who has at least some familiarity with Myrcella's appearance. If the only point were to fool people who had never met Myrcella at all, then any blonde girl would do.

Elleria Sand ask if Myrcella and Tommen have to die to exact revenge, meaning still alive.

Oh for god's sakes. Ellaria is the last person Doran would let in on his secrets. And Doran explicitly hints to the Sand Snakes that there are things Ellaria "does not know and should not know"; things that even the Sand Snakes do not know YET.

Why would a clearly pragmatic Doran send two of his nieces into range of the Lannisters with incredible easy to spot double even if she was dead they would still bring the body to KL

Doran says "War is already upon us". He is sending two of the Sand Snakes "into range of the Lannisters" because he is sending his soldiers into battle.

You sound hostile. Are you telling me to shut up?

I am not trying to be hostile. I disagree with you on your crackpot theory (thats hostile :) ). Read some Syrio = Jaqen threads for some hostility

So you agree that "Theories, like hypothesese, are sometimes correct"? You just want to tell me that theories are REALLY REALLY like hypothesies? Thanks for setting me straight.

I agree. Because they are the same thing. Cats like Felines resemble Kitties. Sounds dumb and stupid right?

Please calm down your hostility.

Right back at you jack. Arguments like heated discussions can be seen to be hostile.

It's not a "super-secret" meeting. These are informal meetings, involving people not yet in on the secret, where Doran is constantly objecting that this is not the time and place to talk openly about secret things.

Fine then. It was an informal meeting where secrets are revealed. "tell them father".

If they are already at war why go through the charade at all? Just kill Swann and the rest of the party. Doren is trying to avoid conflict at all costs until he has superior blood and fire-power. No one is acting like Myrcella is dead. Arrianne says her plot cost Myrcella her face not her life.

TWOW preview - Arianne had made them part of her plot to steal off with Myrcella Baratheon and crown her queen, an act of rebellion meant to force her father’s hand, but someone’s loose tongue had undone her. The clumsy conspiracy had accomplished nothing, except to cost poor Myrcella part of her face, and Ser Arys Oakheart his life. .... Ser Arys had paid with his life’s blood, Myrcella with an ear.

Nothing leads me to believe this theory.

Cats like Felines resemble Kitties. Sounds dumb and stupid right?

Sounds like an off-topic insult that has nothing to do with any on-topic part of your argument.

Arguments like heated discussions can be seen to be hostile.

So then, why don't you stay on topic? Then you can be as aggessive as you like.

Fine then. It was an informal meeting where secrets are revealed. "tell them father".

Some secrets are revealed. Others hinted at. That is the whole point of the Hotah POV. He never really has access to the whole inside story.

If they are already at war why go through the charade at all?

Because, while the wheels of war are already underway, the war itself is a surprise and he wants to keep it that way.

Just kill Swann and the rest of the party.

I'm sure he will. But not just yet. If possible, it is better to have him send a raven to Kings Landing first.

Doren is trying to avoid conflict at all costs until he has superior blood and fire-power.

For just a little longer ... according to Doran.

No one is acting like Myrcella is dead.

And that's precisely why.

Arrianne says her plot cost Myrcella her face not her life.

That's the official story, of course. And there is no indication that Arianne has seen Myrcella, since her father released her from the Tower. And everyone ELSE who knew the real Myrcella is dead or sent into exile.

My belief is that shroud doesn't need to mean death in all cases, so at least one child won't need to die. If Myrcella is going to survive, you could think of "golden shroud" as golden protection. This could be the Golden Company if you go down the Aegon marriage route. If she married Aegon she would be Queen. and her 'golden shroud' would be the Golden Company. That would fulfil the prophecy????

Thoughts on that?

Why would Doran lie to his heir about this? He came clean on everything after her little rebellion. It makes no sense. Why would Arianne think in her internal monologue along the "official" story and not the truth. TWICE.

So its just all Doran hiding it ok. Why does he lie to her in their very private meeting in Feast

" Arianne was almost afraid to ask "Myrcella. Is she....?" "...dead ? No."

"instead of an ear she would have lost her life"

The guy who is hiding this so called secret would not even tell his heir after she already made a mistake cause he kept her out of the loop with Quentyn? Maester Caleotte would know having treated her, why keep it from Arianne?

If she married Aegon she would be Queen. and her 'golden shroud' would be the Golden Company. That would fulfil the prophecy????

Thoughts on that?

It hardly explains Cersei's tears. The implication was that the Valonquar will come for her life after she has lost everything else dear to her.

Why would Doran lie to his heir about this?

He lied to her about Quentyn. And that was BEFORE he found out she was plotting against him.

He came clean on everything after her little rebellion.

So you say. All the book tells us is that he came clean to her about Quentyn (something she had already found out about). Because he understands this secret has sown distrust, and he needs her loyalty. However, there is nothing to indicate he came clean on everything, or that he trusts her absolutely, or that he immediately decided to dump on her every single secret he has. He tried to gain her loyalty by convincing her that he is not working against her, but there is no indication that his overall policy has changed. He will still release secret information on a need-to-know basis only.

It makes no sense. Why would Arianne think in her internal monologue along the "official" story and not the truth. TWICE.

Why would she know the truth?

So its just all Doran hiding it ok. Why does he lie to her in their very private meeting in Feast

Because Myrcella's death means instant war, and Arianne is a rebel plotting to start the very war that Doran is plotting to delay.

The guy who is hiding this so called secret would not even tell his heir after she already made a mistake cause he kept her out of the loop with Quentyn?

He does not even tell her about Quentyn ... not until the end of the chapter.

When they discuss Myrcella, she is still a rebel. He does not know why she rebelled against him. Eventually, she explains her reasons for rebelling. Then, after he understands her reasons for rebelling, he decides to tell her (on a need-to-know basis) something about Quentyn.

Myrcella does not come up again. If it ever does, there is still no reason that Arianne need know that Myrcella is dead. That's the thing about secrets. The fewer people know about them, the safer they are.

This is an annoying post.. apologies ahead of time. But to be clear a Theory and a Hypothesis are not truly the same thing. A hypothesis is a tentative explanation that can be tested through investigation; a theory is an established set of ideas that can be used to make predictions.

In the casual vernacular of a forum, such as this, the two are often used interchangeably to no great harm. However when the inaccurate assertion that they are the same is repeatedly made, one might feel compelled to disagree.

Of course, either can be incorrect. Please, carry on.

Archived