Drogo the kingslayer

she is married to him. They are a combo. He is going to be kind of king consort. An all this because he killed viserys.

Either the claim or the"usurper" khal. You cannot use drogos army and drogos himself to support a "rightful" claim.

No it is 'alliance'. A khal cannot accept(make oath) to a king or other khal.

No it is 'alliance'. A khal cannot accept(make oath) to a king or other khal.

ok I guees I cant make myself clear: A claim where you inted to be sited in the throne with the guy who killed the last king is not in my view a rightful claim.

Of course as an other post said, would be right of conquest.

Daenerys is like Axell Florent

If he is not a kinslayer, he is the next best thing. Axell Florent’s brother had been burned by Melisandre, Maester Aemon had informed him, yet Ser Axell had done little and less to stop it. What sort of man can stand by `idly and watch his own brother being burned alive?idly and watch his brother being burned alive?"

"If she is not a kinslayer, she is the next best thing. Daenerys Targaryen's brother has been burned by Khal Drogo... yet Daenerys had done little and less to stop it. What sort of woman can stand by idly and watch her own brother being burned alive?"

Daenerys is like Axell Florent

"If she is not a kinslayer, she is the next best thing. Daenerys Targaryen's brother has been burned by Khal Drogo... yet Daenerys had done little and less to stop it. What sort of woman can stand by idly and watch her own brother being burned alive?"

Don't think Dany could have stopped it even if she wanted to.

Don't think Dany could have stopped it even if she wanted to.

The important bit is She didn't try.

Stannis does not bases his claim on renly. Its a huge difference to kill the guy before you in the line to the throne than to kill the one who is after you by right but wants your place.

Kinslayer not Kingslayer.

I know Renly had no right.

You can go further than this. She actually plans implicitly to pass over Viserys in succession even before his death. When they first arrive at Vaes Dothrak, she has a chat with Jorah which comes to this:

The idea takes root quickly. Later in the chapter, she reflects on the future;

Even before Viserys has died, and before she has a reason to consider him irrelevant to the succession, Daenerys has already accepted the idea she and her children will usurp his Kingship.

Later in that chapter, Daenerys says: The Dothraki would respect him more if he looked less a beggar, she hoped, and perhaps he would forgive her for shaming him that day in the grass. He was still her king, after all, and her brother. They were both blood of the dragon.

Even though Dany has thoughts of someone stronger than Viserys taking the Iron Throne, and she has the thought of Rhaego becoming king; they remain thoughts, albeit justified thoughts. Dany still regards Viserys as her rightful king, despite her thoughts. The end of this chapter is when the idea actually begins to take root.

I fail to see how Dany and Stannis are in the same 'level' of kinslaying.

The important bit is She didn't try.

She was under no moral obligation to try and save Viserys, who had jeopardized his own safety. She was in shock and pain over all of it, because, you know, Viserys had threatened to cut out her unborn baby, in front of Drogo and the rest of the Dothraki. Dany does feel bad about Viserys, though, as shown by the following chapter.

Even if you don't believe he was a proper king, I'm still uncomfortable with the idea one can calmly watch their brother die.

If my brother held a sword to my belly and threatened to cut out my unborn child (which would also likely kill me as a result)....I don't know that I'd be too worried about my husband killing him. In fact, I'd probably be relieved to no longer have that threat walking around.

ok I guees I cant make myself clear: A claim where you inted to be sited in the throne with the guy who killed the last king is not in my view a rightful claim.

Well, Tyrion still feels still entitled to Casterly Rock after killing Tywin.

Daenerys is like Axell Florent.

Except that Axell's borther never threatened his children.

What kind of mother would she be if she jumped in to save the guy who wanted to kill her son? (Well actually, I would have been very impressed by her as a person if she would have, but I think her behavior is perfectly ok for a mother.)

Even if you don't believe he was a proper king, I'm still uncomfortable with the idea one can calmly watch their brother die.

:agree:

I was arguing debating this with a friend of mine who said that if he were her brother, she would have done the same thing. Yes, Viserys was cruel but he was still her brother and besides, he was weak, it was an empty, albeit violent, drunken threat. But I guess it was her motherly instincts that prevented her from defending him, which I do think is understandable.

She isn't a hypocrite for not intervening in her stupid and abusive brother's murder....

A. What could she have done? She saved him multiple times already.

B. Killing Viserys poses a lot smaller moral quandary than killing multiple defenseless children and attempting to kill more.

He is her King

Archived