R+L=J v 59

Stubby

Apparently the Mountain has been recast too. http://winteriscomin...ountain-recast/

A 6'9" Icelandic strongman named... something Icelandic.

So that's three recasts for season 4.

What really? So that means the mountain has been recast twice lol. The actor for season 1 got replaced in season 2 and now that guy is getting replaced? Haha three different Mountains in 4 seasons.....

That's ingenious! They used the Polish TV series The Hexer (better known these days as The Witcher, by the game) and Michal Zebrowski starring as Geralt of Rivia! The series was rather meh, but, the guy... /drool/ I wonder who the actress is, she does have Lyanna vibes.

That was really pretty good. I just have one question-- what was Aragorn doing in there? :lol:

Wow this one is a really good R+L=J vid as well:

The actor for Rhaegar in this one isn't nearly as ideal as the first one I posted IMO, but the sequences are spot on, I mean absolutely incredible!

This is supposed to be taken seriously? If so, please feel free to peruse the reference guide on the first page of each R+L thread before we start discussing anything.

I love theory discussions that are in their 59th thread. It means the theory is supported by some very good arguments. But there are legitimate doubts. The problem is, arguments take momentum in respect of how they serve one of the two opposing factions. Just like in real life. The exploration of truth doesn't matter, only weapons count.

I love theory discussions that are in their 59th thread. It means the theory is supported by some very good arguments. But there are legitimate doubts. The problem is, arguments take momentum in respect of how they serve one of the two opposing factions. Just like in real life. The exploration of truth doesn't matter, only weapons count.

Actually, there has been some in depth analysis of imagery of unrelated scenes in the books that support the main theme. We have the Tristifer analysis, the blue rose symbology, and the rubies on the river of life (still waiting for the seventh) to name a few. In between the refutes of the FD, Jon burnt his hand, Jon doesn't have white hair and blue purple eyes, Ashara is mom arguments. ;)

But there aren't, really. It's one thing to come on here unfamiliar with the theory and have doubts, and then be shown the evidence. It's another thing entirely to be familiar with the evidence, especially how it compares to the other alternatives (as in, R+L=J answers questions and explains the situation where no alternative theory does), and still reject it. To me, that's just denial, willful misreading of the text or both.

If you want arguments instead of guns, don't approach with your gunports open.

What you proposed is entirely unsupported by the text and ignores a lot what is there to counter.

For your reference to a 1980's tv icon, your post has been judged spin worthy. Enjoy this piece of classic 70's epicness may your soul be healed by the greatness that is Lynda Carter.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=lSJd0CLc8XQ

Totally waiting for that movie.

(When I was ten, I was doing my best "Wonder Woman" spin and promptly tripped, rolling down the hill. But, I still love her). :laugh:

Apparently the Mountain has been recast too. http://winteriscomin...ountain-recast/

Well, he does match a little more what I was thinking of. Maybe the other actor has a future with director, Guillermo del Torro.

Apparently the Mountain has been recast too. http://winteriscoming.net/2013/08/mountain-recast/

So wait they replaced Conan with a predator and a predator with Thor? I stil ldon't know what was wrong with the 7-1 Conan Stevens. Stand there look mean.

So wait they replaced Conan with a predator and a predator with Thor? I stil ldon't know what was wrong with the 7-1 Conan Stevens. Stand there look mean.

He left the show to do The Hobbit. I thought he was perfect as the Mountain. Too bad.

No. Per GRRM, Ned was the one who named Jon.

Doesn't that wreck your R+L=J timeline? You have argued that Lyanna lived for weeks after Jon was born. If she was sitting around the TOJ for weeks with a newborn don't you think she would have named him?

This sounds to me like confirmation that Lyanna died in the process of giving birth.

Wow this one is a really good R+L=J vid as well:

The actor for Rhaegar in this one isn't nearly as ideal as the first one I posted IMO, but the sequences are spot on, I mean absolutely incredible!

You think the show will actually ever give viewers Rhaegar and Lyanna? My guess is no as they don't seem much inclinded to do any flashbacks. Everything has been verbal what little there has been, really kind of bugs the shit out of me as it's really important to Jon's arc and they by and large ignore it. And apparently Bran is the only one that dreams. Fuckin show, it can be so polarizing for a reader.

Doesn't that wreck your R+L=J timeline? You have argued that Lyanna lived for weeks after Jon was born. If she was sitting around the TOJ for weeks with a newborn don't you think she would have named him?

This sounds to me like confirmation that Lyanna died in the process of giving birth.

Or Ned gave him the name Jon. It's not out of the question that he has a Targaryen name. And I don't think Ygrain has argued that Lyanna definitely lived for weeks after Jon was born. Just that it's possible. Which I'm sure you're well aware of.

You think the show will actually ever give viewers Rhaegar and Lyanna? My guess is no as they don't seem much inclinded to do any flashbacks. Everything has been verbal what little there has been, really kind of bugs the shit out of me as it's really important to Jon's arc and they by and large ignore it. And apparently Bran is the only one that dreams. Fuckin show, it can be so polarizing for a reader.

Ya I agree with you 100% on that. Although GRRM did recently sign a huge additional contract with HBO that allows him to develop another series, movie, or both if he wants to for HBO due to the success of GOT, which leads many to suspect GRRM might create a pre-GOT mini series arc of Dunk and Egg, or possibly even Robert's rebellion, so I mean you never know....The problem with Robert's rebellion though is that GRRM would have to pretty much wait until the current GOT show is over, or until they reveal Jon's parents, in order to do a Robert's rebellion arc without spoiling R+L=J for anyone, so he's probably leaning more towards the Dunk and Egg series at this point.

Ya I agree with you 100% on that. Although GRRM did recently sign a huge additional contract with HBO that allows him to develop another series, movie, or both if he wants to for HBO due to the success of GOT, which leads many to suspect GRRM might create a pre-GOT mini series arc of Dunk and Egg, or possibly even Robert's rebellion, so I mean you never know....The problem with Robert's rebellion though is that GRRM would have to pretty much wait until the current GOT show is over, or until they reveal Jon's parents, in order to do a Robert's rebellion arc without spoiling R+L=J for anyone, so he's probably leaning more towards the Dunk and Egg series at this point.

I don't watch the show so tell me if this idea is crackpot. I understand that there are a number of show vs book differences, like people who are alive in the books have diedin the show. Is it possible that R+L = J will be true in the books but not in the show? Are the show writers required to be faithful to the books? Just curious.

Or Ned gave him the name Jon. It's not out of the question that he has a Targaryen name. And I don't think Ygrain has argued that Lyanna definitely lived for weeks after Jon was born. Just that it's possible. Which I'm sure you're well aware of.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone claim that Lyanna lived for "weeks" after Jon was born. If she did die of puerperal fever, that would probably give her 10 days at the maximum and probably less than that. But like you said, even if Lyanna did give him a name, it's moot because Ned named him Jon.

Totally waiting for that movie.

(When I was ten, I was doing my best "Wonder Woman" spin and promptly tripped, rolling down the hill. But, I still love her). :laugh:

Well, he does match a little more what I was thinking of. Maybe the other actor has a future with director, Guillermo del Torro.

That's interesting when I was kid I was watching girls do the Wonder Woman spin :wideeyed: and also falling over.

Archived