If Rhaego & Drogo didn't die

Arcanon

So I find myself curious about what people think would have happened if Daenerys and Drogo's son Rhaego as well as Drogo himself didn't die. If Rhaego was born and grew up.. If Daenerys took the Iron throne would she have claimed it for herself or given it to Rhaego ruling as his reagent until he came of age.

According to a law practiced by the targs only males can inherit so technically Rhaego would be the rightful heir to the throne and not her unless you could the sucession changing with Roberts conquest.

But would that even matter to Dany?

If Rhaego and Drogo didn't die the i dont think that Dany would have been able to hatch the dragon eggs. Blood magic may have played an important role in the hatching of the eggs; "Only death can pay for life". Without dragons I dont believe that even 100,000 Dothraki would have been able to conquer Westeros.

If Rhaego and Drogo didn't die the i dont think that Dany would have been able to hatch the dragon eggs. Blood magic may have played an important role in the hatching of the eggs; "Only death can pay for life". Without dragons I dont believe that even 100,000 Dothraki would have been able to conquer Westeros.

Don't forget she would have Dorne aswell.

So I find myself curious about what people think would have happened if Daenerys and Drogo's son Rhaego as well as Drogo himself didn't die. If Rhaego was born and grew up.. If Daenerys took the Iron throne would she have claimed it for herself or given it to Rhaego ruling as his reagent until he came of age.

According to a law practiced by the targs only males can inherit so technically Rhaego would be the rightful heir to the throne and not her unless you could the sucession changing with Roberts conquest.

But would that even matter to Dany?

This is simply not true. The Dance w/ Dragons was an example of a king naming his oldest female the heir. Yes, it caused a war based on some people's notion of succession laws, but it 100% disproves that 'targ law' says only males can inherit. If it was 'targ law' the king wouldn't have been able to succeed and there wouldn't have been a war because she would have said "yep, according to all our laws my father couldn't name me heir". The war shows that there is ambiguity to say the least over that common thought.

Don't forget she would have Dorne aswell.

Without dragons I dont think Dorne would support her especially if she showed up with an invading force of Dothraki who Westeros view as savages. Also the Dothraki are less than useless at sea and would probably lose half their numbers crossing the Narrow sea.

Rhaego would have been The Stallion That Mounts The World.

Blood magic and all other types of sacrifices seem to work with the value of who you sacrifice. Mel wanted to sacrifice Edric Storm because he had kings blood and there are lots of other examples. If she sacrifices some regular person then the payoff is a lot less then it would be if she sacrificed someone important.

The sacrifice of Rhaego and Drogo was enough to hatch three dragons. In life Drogo was a pretty powerful person but just imagine what that's saying about Rhaego. His life is the value of 3 dragons so I imagine that if he was alive, he would probably be the most powerful person in Planetos.

Rhaego would have been The Stallion That Mounts The World.

Blood magic and all other types of sacrifices seem to work with the value of who you sacrifice. Mel wanted to sacrifice Edric Storm because he had kings blood and there are lots of other examples. If she sacrifices some regular person then the payoff is a lot less then it would be if she sacrificed someone important.

The sacrifice of Rhaego and Drogo was enough to hatch three dragons. In life Drogo was a pretty powerful person but just imagine what that's saying about Rhaego. His life is the value of 3 dragons so I imagine that if he was alive, he would probably be the most powerful person in Planetos.

Assuming that the crones were even correct in their interpretation of the prophecy that Rhaego and not Dany/Drogon is The Stallion That Mounts The World.

Dany has had to experience certain "trials" to become The Mother of Dragons. Sadly the loss of the life she wanted (her family, both in terms of her childhood family and her husband and child), was what made her who she is today. I believe if Drogo and Rhaego had lived she would have simply been Khaleesi, it would have been her son that made an impact, and possibly not a good one as he'd be raised Dothraki.

Not true. Drogo and MMD were sacrificed as well.

They were, but as we've seen before, regular people don't spawn dragons when their sacrificed. I just find it more likely that Rhaego and Drogo (especially Rhaego) contributed more to the price of three dragons then MMD.

This is simply not true. The Dance w/ Dragons was an example of a king naming his oldest female the heir. Yes, it caused a war based on some people's notion of succession laws, but it 100% disproves that 'targ law' says only males can inherit. If it was 'targ law' the king wouldn't have been able to succeed and there wouldn't have been a war because she would have said "yep, according to all our laws my father couldn't name me heir". The war shows that there is ambiguity to say the least over that common thought.

Except those laws didn't exist until AFTER The Dance w/ Dragons.. They Exist because of that event as well

• 11 months later...

Archived