A theory about the song A Fire and Ice

MidnightAurora

It probably has been discussed, but could not find another thread for it so sorry if it is duplicate.

I have been thinking about things and thinking part of the song is the houses Greatswords such as ICE (Gendry hopefully can reforge it), Dawn and all the other swords will play a big part in the epic battle. These greatswords are houses prized possessions and even poor houses would sell anything except them as quoted by Tyrion in how Tywin tried to by a greatsword.

I think Fire is Dany's dragons and have a theory Rhaegal might have Rhagear's spirit, but no proof just a theory. Valyria's sorcery was rooted in blood and fire hence how dany was able to birth her dragons and it came to Dany when Muir Maaz Duir said something and knew what she had to put on drogo's pyre.

I think Ice are the Direwolves of House Stark. I also have a theory Nymeria has part of Lyanna's spirit in her.

Together all three would make a great song and powerful force against the Others/wights..

I was also thinking of Aemon's last words. the Sphinx is the riddle not the riddler.

Aemon was the best source for info on his family/reign and wonder if he wrote anything down or told someone like Sam? Something Aemon knew must have been important if he would forsake his vows and go to Dany and his family where before he always chose honor. He needed to bring her home safely before it was too late and she needed protection. Dany is the riddle not the riddler. if my thinking is correct. Her dragon's fire combined with the direwolves howling/magic seems like a nice song against a great foe. Dany was born in cold out of fire for her Targaryn blood. (Fire and Ice) and if R plus L equals J is true than the opposite is true for Jon and he is Ice born into fire since it was spring or summer(hot weather) when he was born and Eddard was fighting the KG to "save" Lyanna.

Will Sam be killed and then impersonated by Jaqen?/Citadel bad people/working with FM?

Any other thoughts on the A Song of Fire and Ice?

Will Sam be killed and then impersonated by Jaqen?

Never thought this before and it might happen. Jaqen was supposed to go to the Wall before he and the survivors of Yoren's gang had an unexpected detour in Harrenhal. Lots of people still wonder why he was in the cell where Yoren got him and if he has a business to work at the Wall. Now he's Pate and befriends Sam. If Sam comes back to the Wall, will he be the Sam we know or Jaqen impersonating him? Interesting thought..

For me, ASOIAF is the destruction of the world because of love and hate. Some only believes it is Jon Snow. There are those who say it's the Starks and Targaryens, Others and Dragons, Jon and Dany, etcetera. It can be interpreted in many ways, that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived