Your favorite region in Westeros?

What region do you favor over all others, specifically in Westeros? North, east, west or south? Or somewhere in between those areas?

I prefer the area just below the Neck which starts at the Riverlands, the Eyrie, the Stormlands, the Crownlands and the Reach (It just so happens that's where the majority of the War of Five Kings take place lol.

Well, I think I prefer the Riverlands, and the Reach. Is Highgarden in the Reach?

I like the Vale, too, but the Mountain Clans makes it dangerous to live there. I haven't read about Dorne yet (just finished ASOS) so I have no opinion about that region.

Yes highgarden is in the reach. And as far as I'm concerned, my favourite region has been the Reach.

Lonely Light seems interesting to me. You're on your own, don't have to deal with a lot of people and the environment is very calming. On the other hand it's probably also a harsh place to live your life and the Internet would suck.

The other place is the Arbor seems a lot more easy to have a good life with fertile land, better winters and the security of Oldtown. But you also have the Ironborn which might be a threat to your existence.

Yes Dorne purely for its equal rights status. It might get a little hot but its full of the best wine in the known world, also a big plus and that means lots of lush vineyards and beautiful green rolling hills and Mediterranean style places( at least I've always imagined Dorne kinda greece like). This being that they are darker skinned and Dorne is surrounded by water and secluded from the rest of the realm. I bet it has an island like feel! A beautiful sea all around and seclusion from the rest of the realm being so far south and a whole range of ornate MT ranges in the north of Dorne u have to pass through. The name escapes me now but that big pool like structure, fountain of joy or something, that was built to bring happiness to the first Daenerys. There is Something kinda mysteriously beautiful about Dorne as well, and bad ass. And did I mention the wine? The reach is an ovi choice because its secure, great temperature and most available and reliable food source. The vail just seems creepy with its sky sells and strangely and unexplained way it was constructed. Heavy brink upon more walls and brink piled upon a mountain peak all high up, your ears would prolly pop. Its all high up and dangerous, jack in the beanstock esque. I don't think GRRM ever mentions and natural disasters in Westeros but maybe cuz I'm from cali I automatically factor in the earthquake resilience into any structure I inhabit. The north would be my second choice. I think its vast and beautiful. The north is inundated with noble, wise and strong traditions, from the days of the first men and I favor the old gods of nature over the drowned god or the 7. Its like a midevil hippy paradise, worshiping tree Gods and gods of the forrest and rivers, animals and hot springs and all natural things. Trees that bleed when u cut them down and if your lucky u might find some of those lil fairy reminiscent COF. Its a hippy paradise but with a lot of killing and warriors and everyone where's shoes cuz its cold.

Archived