Daario Naharis Recast

Westeros

I hope new one gets a blue beard.

Me too! I too hate recastings and even though Daario's appearance was minor (2-3 episodes?), I believe it's going to have a certain amount of impact to the audience. I myself never liked screen Daario, especially during the scene "my sword is yours, my life is yours" etc.

ADR = Dubbing or re-recording ("Automated Dialogue Replacement"). It's a film industry term for when they hire someone to re-record dialogue over the screen when the original actor (in this case, Ed Skrein) doesn't have the right sound or accent for the role. Or more often when the voice is obscured by the special effects or misrecorded or something.

This show has more recastings than an American soap opera. We have Karstark, Dondarrion, the Mountain, the High Septon, and soon Daario and Tommen on the list. Who knows how many more freaky changes will occur.

It's probably too late for the blue beard ("Oh, by the way my grace, do you mind if I dye my hair blue and grow out a beard?").

I say he was just so over the top that it appeared he was dubbed. He barely looked the part to begin with so I doubt theyd choose Skrein saying yeah lets dub him while he only barely captures what Daario is. This role was too big for him and it showed blatantly so. His off camera issues didnt help either. Nobody casts someone who physically doesnt look the part and also doesnt sound the part. Look at the new Mountain.. looks the part but surely ADR will be involved.

I didn't like previous Daario but still I wish they hadn't done this ! Most of people won't notice Tommen or even The Mountain but c'mon , Daario ?! People remember him and it will cause a big deal of confusion !

I really hope the show doesn't go in a downfall .

I was responding to the fact you said the Mountain won't have a line of dialogue when he will need some lines to speak, again, because during the trial he will confess before killing Oberyn, which is a pretty important detail I would be surprised for D & D to change/overlook.

Look at the new Mountain.. looks the part but surely ADR will be involved.

Actually, he'll need to talk. Remember he confesses to killing and raping Elia right before killing our favorite Martell.

A little off topic, but I truly wish they keep Ian Whyte doing the dialogues for the mountain, he may not have the looks, but he really has a scary voice

Maybe they can make a PSA before S04e01 and show old Daario and show new Daario side-by-side and just be like "okie guise listen, theez r the same!" then roll the credits.

Or, they could film old Daario getting killed by a dragon then new Daario shows up and is like "sup, my name is Daario too, what are the chances!"

Maybe they can make a PSA before S04e01 and show old Daario and show new Daario side-by-side and just be like "okie guise listen, theez r the same!" then roll the credits.

Or, they could film old Daario getting killed by a dragon then new Daario shows up and is like "sup, my name is Daario too, what are the chances!"

And he has blue dyed hair and beard with blonde tip moustache and wears yellow silks. #swag

LOVE THIS! I hope it's true.

I hated Ed Skrein's Daario. I'm not a fan of Daario in general (I think the whole situation with Dany and Daario is boring and silly) but I couldn't stand him in the series. There's sleazy and cocksure, and then there's just plain unbearable.

And I don't understand why they totally changed his appearance. Perhaps because they wanted him to be more attractive or something, but I hope this new recast (if it's true) will come with the blue hair and beard.

This all said, how will they make the transition smooth, without it being too weird that Daario is suddenly just a different man?

And I don't understand why they totally changed his appearance. Perhaps because they wanted him to be more attractive or something, but I hope this new recast (if it's true) will come with the blue hair and beard.

Because his book appearance is too outlandish and would probably look corny and stupid onscreen, AND they have to make it somewhat believable that Dany would actually be attracted to him.

Archived