Daario Naharis Recast

Westeros

Has Ed Skein said anything about it yet? Surely he knows what the issue was. Might it be another case of better offers?

Well unless some one has found out two scuttlebutts , salary dispute (seems unlikely, appearing on the show is great advertising for yourself) , schedule conflict (a possibility)... something else.

We are back to the Clive Mantle (Greatjon Umber ) situation. Apparently a schedule conflict, yet in the considerable amount of time that has passed , no one has a conversation, tweet (maybe he does not) or an email from him about what happened.

(In his case there seems the possibility he opted out, but we don't know.)

Conan Stevens (Gregor Clegane) , out because of schedule conflict while he was appearing in THE HOBBIT shooting.

Stevens at least communicated , tho mysteriously, that he wanted back, was even available for season 3 , apparently (?) had contact with HBO but was turned down (HBO rule on contracts ?)... we still don't know the full story.

I don't quite understand the secrecy ... contracts say an actor cannot talk about these things after leaving, being booted or some other reason?

Maybe after the final season someone will write a book about the show and we will find out?

Passing odd.

Not a big fan of characters being recast and i didn't mind the ''old'' Daario much. But on the upside it means that there is going to be another Dutch actor in the show :D. Also it gives them another chance at introducing the blue beard, so the change could work out for the better.

Is this for real? So far only the Hollywood Reporter is giving the Daario recast news, other sites just say Michiel Huisman has been added to the show in an unspecified role.

That's what I'd heard, too. If it does prove to be true, I'm sure we'll get further confirmation soon enough.

While I'm not a fan of roles getting recast, sometimes it can prove to be a good thing.

I don't quite understand the secrecy ... contracts say an actor cannot talk about these things after leaving, being booted or some other reason?

Maybe after the final season someone will write a book about the show and we will find out?

Passing odd.

Doesn't seem all that strange to me. Where I'm from, it's general practice for any sort of business to demand absolute confidentiality from its employees regarding contract arrangements and changes. There could be lots of reasons: it could make the company look bad (firing the actor for trivial things), it could make the actor look bad (unreliability from ditching gigs etc.), it could make third parties look bad. Best thing we can do, is just accept it and move on.

As for the new Daario and his degree of flashiness: Flashy clothes I can accept, but please don't give him bubble gum blue hair...

While I raise an eyebrow at recasting, I wasn't all that surprised by this one... Fabio/Dario just did not make an impression. He was, IMHO, lite. And if he is to have a major role in the future, I don't think he would have been up to par. As longmasmthe new guy can act (which by all accounts he can) I think it'll be fine.

I see this recast as a judgement on Fabio's acting abilities. Had he been good, I sincerely doubt they would have recast him.

Doesn't seem all that strange to me. Where I'm from, it's general practice for any sort of business to demand absolute confidentiality from its employees regarding contract arrangements and changes. There could be lots of reasons: it could make the company look bad (firing the actor for trivial things), it could make the actor look bad (unreliability from ditching gigs etc.), it could make third parties look bad. Best thing we can do, is just accept it and move on.

Well... I know it's a bit of a nit , none of these actors have that much impact on the continuity. If HBO has formal rules about contract obligations and an actor cannot honor those then the ball is in the actor's court , don't see how that would make the company look bad (tho fans can be somewhat blind to those things, even knowing they will keep watching the show.) I have a feeling that in several of these cases that it was the actor's choice, that's the impression I get about Clive Mantle , he may have had 'artistic' differences too.

It's interesting , saw a short interview with Robert Pugh (Craster) , he is the only actor with the show I have seen who voiced some mild disagreement over story , maybe he was implying his role too, but he carried out his duties.

You are right there must be something , since we do have the case of Conan Steven , who did apparently violate contract agreement (for money) , but wanted back , would have been available, but demurred when it came to giving details about what happened.

(To me Conan is the only case where there is a true subtraction , he was a perfect fit, both physically and also being a professional actor.)

Am curious about these things , but I can wait until enough time has passed to see if the reasons will appear.

I must be the only one praying that there's no blue beard, purple hair...whatever the hell it is. I just think it will look ridiculous on screen.

Heh, as much as people, including me, want the blue beard, I don't think is going to happen. They should do something though, to represent the Essosi culture, like Jaqen's red-white hair.

Archived