Daario Naharis Recast

Westeros

They had three potentially good roles for non-white folks this season and they missed all of them. And yes, Daario is VERY important on the show. He isn't only not the character from the book, but he is also merged with Brown ben plumm ( who is brown, and doesn't exist in the show ) and Strong Belwas ( a Meereneese ) And of course, he is a white guy that looks exactly like a Westerosi!. It seems like, as D&D get their hands on more and more of the production aspects of the show, anomalies like casting Xaro as a black guy won't happen again. If they have an important Dothraki character , or cast Alleras , Moquorro, etc, they will probably have a white guy doing those roles as well, cause its natural for them.

Edit: Even apart from the skin color thing I don't like the guy they cast for Oberyn. He looks too much like Littlefinger, and not at all like the Red Viper.

This whole post is so wrong in so many ways I don't know where to begin.

You are aware that Pedro Pascal is not white? In the show or the books. Aside from the long hair he matches GRRMs version perfectly. Who would you rather played the role out of curiosity?

As for him supposedly looking too much like Littlefinger, what a ridiculous reason to dismiss a casting and it's not even true. He looks nothing like Aiden Gillen. Have you got a problem with Roose because he looks like Stannis?

Not to mention you have essentially (pre-emptively) accused D&D of racism based on nothing more than your own unfounded assumption that they will cast white actors in roles that could be played by non-white actors. This isn't only annoying but it's actually pretty offensive.

There's a lot of accusations levelled at the showrunners, but accusing them of what you are suggesting is both nonsensical and unfair. Every single character on the show has matched their book counterpart's ethnicity except Xaro Xhaon Daxos and Sallador Saan, both of whom are played by black actors.

Yeah I guess that's one possible explanation. I actually think the guy's a really decent actor. I saw him in a film directed by Ben Drew (aka Plan B) called Ill Manors in which he was fantastic. I would have been happy to see him remain as Daario but I like the look of Huimsan.

I don't care about recasting characters as long as they cast good actors to do the job and so far in the books the Mountain for instance only had 6 lines tops so that does not bother me and regarding Daario, at least he has a beard now. Maybe next season he'll dye his hair blue? I like it.

I don't care about recasting characters as long as they cast good actors to do the job and so far in the books the Mountain for instance only had 6 lines tops so that does not bother me and regarding Daario, at least he has a beard now. Maybe next season he'll dye his hair blue? I like it.

Yeah, he looks a lot more Benjen now. His mask is beginning to drop. I wonder if Jorah will notice it.

He should have stayed in GOT. Transporter isn't "all that". Yes, he'd be the star but who's gonna watch an action movie with the same basic stunts as every other action flick? GOT would have made him more popular...

I don't like the new guy, he looks like he'll pull out a guitar and start singing hey there Delilah to me, he looks too nice.

To me Ed fit Daario's personality lookwise. He looked like the stereotypical douche bag who cat calls at random women then curses them out for rejecting him.

Eh whatever, it's not like we can change it. We just have to deal with it.

It sounds like he had a filming conflict, see the link at the top.

That filming conflict would have not arisen this past summer. He just signed on for the film in the last little while, that's why they announced it. It's not filming until this summer.

He got let go because he was unprofessional in one form or another and we'll never know the real story (unless he chooses to burn bridges at some point) because producers don't kiss and tell about that stuff.

Archived