Daario Naharis Recast

Westeros

It's gonna be weird when marathoning the series you go from S3E10 and see Ed's Daario, then the very next episode you see Michiel's Daario.

At least with Beric, you very briefly see him for like 10 seconds in S1, then you don't see him again until S3, and the 2 guys don't look that different. If you cut the first guy's hair he'll look even more like the S3 Beric.

What I can't figure out is how (apparently from the teasers) this new Daario has short hair... How are they going to explain that? I hope they do explain it somehow, he cuts his hair and talks about it or something. Maybe he could do it in Dany's name? I'm a little reluctant to believe the transition is going to be a smooth one.

Unsullied are going to have no idea what's going on.

Bad form.

Some will know, if they read casting news and such.

But then you have the hardcore Unsullied who don't even look up GoT on the internet. They don't watch trailers, they don't watch the extras that come with the DVD/Blu-Rays, they don't use the GoT wiki, not evne the previews for the next episodes. Nothing.

Some of them don't even know how to spell the names of certain characters because they refuse to look it up.

But then you have the hardcore Unsullied who don't even look up GoT on the internet. They don't watch trailers, they don't watch the extras that come with the DVD/Blu-Rays, they don't use the GoT wiki, not evne the previews for the next episodes. Nothing.

Some of them don't even know how to spell the names of certain characters because they refuse to look it up.

Yeah for sure. A lot of my friends will be scratching their heads...the smart way to do it would be to reshoot some of the main Dhario scenes in recap, swearing her his sword, introducing himself, throwing the heads at her feet. Might take a day but in my mind that's worth it.

Yeah for sure. A lot of my friends will be scratching their heads...the smart way to do it would be to reshoot some of the main Dhario scenes in recap, swearing her his sword, introducing himself, throwing the heads at her feet. Might take a day but in my mind that's worth it.

I wish they would do this but they won't. It would take a lot of CG or about 2 weeks to 1 month to shoot all the scenes in the various locations. They most likely will create a scene to "reintroduce" Daario to the TV audience. Things like this happen in an ensemble cast. I just hope he is a better actor than the last. Allegedly, he has signed for a least season 4 and 5.

The will have to "reintroduce" Gregor Clegane too.

Edit: Spelling

Hardcore Unsullied are used to watching TV shows and are used to the idea of recasting. It has actually come up explicitly in the TWoP unsullied thread.

Look, it is unfortunate. But with a cast as large as this one it is bound to happen. I'm a little surprised they have managed to do as well as they have, although surely having the blueprint from the books helps in that regard.

I wish they would do this but they won't. It would take a lot of CG or about 2 weeks to 1 month to shoot all the scenes in the various locations. They most likely will create a scene to "reintroduce" Daario to the TV audience. Things like this happen in an ensemble cast. I just hope he is a better actor than the last. Allegedly, he has signed for a least season 4 and 5.

The will have to "reintroduce" Gregor Clegane too.

Edit: Spelling

No I dont think that long.

The heads scene and the swearing scene would total 5 seconds a piece and would with the right preparation take no more than a day. That's all you'd need cut with all the other previous on GOT stuff.

But as an investment to keeping the audience with them I think it's worth the expense of a days filming.

I mean, if it's that much of a problem, they could just insinuate that 'he's like Jaqen', even if they don't state it explicitly. That way there's a pseudo-show-canon explanation, and people who scoff at the idea of such a change don't have to be annoyed. ...or they could just realize that, with a show that has such an incredibly large cast, this was bound to happen (and already has, though not everyone will have noticed the re-casts thus far). I'm content with the latter, but wouldn't scoff at the former, if only because it would help with my consistency O.C.D. Still, I don't think it will be as big of a deal as some are making it. Before long this new Daario will have been around longer than the old one, and since we know Michel Huisman has been signed on as a regular for season five, we'll be thinking of Skrein as the odd man out. Luckily, since he only appeared in three episodes (one of them briefly), the transition might not be so jarring upon a re-watch.

Funny that I haven't seen many of the same complaints against Tommen, though to be fair we haven't seen his character (or the actor playing him) since season two, and he was never as heavily featured as Daario. The actor whose playing him has already been in the show (he played one of the Lannister boys killed by Karstark), but I think he's got a passing resemblance to what the original actor might be if he were older.

Not sure how many people I speak for by saying that on Spartacus the recasting was jarring for a couple of episodes and then stopped being so, once the mental image of Andy Whitfield as Spartacus was replaced by Liam McIntyre. And this was the main and title character. It would only have been an issue if the new actor was crap, and Nina Gold and the producers aren't going to have signed Huisman up if he was crap. Who knows, he might play Daario better than the last guy and this could be a good thing.

What I can't figure out is how (apparently from the teasers) this new Daario has short hair... How are they going to explain that? I hope they do explain it somehow, he cuts his hair and talks about it or something. Maybe he could do it in Dany's name? I'm a little reluctant to believe the transition is going to be a smooth one.

When can he be seen in the teaser? Because I didn't notice him?

Not sure how many people I speak for by saying that on Spartacus the recasting was jarring for a couple of episodes and then stopped being so, once the mental image of Andy Whitfield as Spartacus was replaced by Liam McIntyre. And this was the main and title character. It would only have been an issue if the new actor was crap, and Nina Gold and the producers aren't going to have signed Huisman up if he was crap. Who knows, he might play Daario better than the last guy and this could be a good thing.

True.

But he at least looked and sounded similar, this is a totally different looking actor and is even styled differently, different hair colour and style etc

It will be jarring from 3/4 there's no way of getting around it but hopefully now there'll be much less of this...crap.

Well I think if they are going to make this transition smooth, between actors, they are going to try to make him look more like the previous guy, right? otherwise how the hell are people going to know who he is?

He is Daario for godsakes...He himself will mention it 10x times in the show....."I'm Daario Nahiris and I take shit from nobody"..look at the lines from S3 :P

Archived