Daario Naharis Recast

Westeros

While I raise an eyebrow at recasting, I wasn't all that surprised by this one... Fabio/Dario just did not make an impression. He was, IMHO, lite. And if he is to have a major role in the future, I don't think he would have been up to par. As longmasmthe new guy can act (which by all accounts he can) I think it'll be fine.

I see this recast as a judgement on Fabio's acting abilities. Had he been good, I sincerely doubt they would have recast him.

Not all that surprised? Lets just recast every role that doesn't leave a "impression".

Let's recast Mance while were at it too.

Ed Skrein played Darrio to the T. First Oberyn casting and now this. I don't know what David and Dan are thinking.

I really hope this recasting is not simply due to 'artistic' reasons, but there is more to it, like scheduling/behind the scenes drama etc. If he was replaced without necessity, I would be truly disappointed.

Recasting a well established role is such a big negative, even (assumed) extraordinary acting abilities can never fully compensate for it in my mind.

Did Ed Skrein really look that bad to people? Because I thought he looked decent to say the least.

Yeah, I think Ed was an awesome Daario. He had the right attitude, expressions and everything else. The only thing that wasn't perfect was his hair not being blue and his total lack of a blue beard, but it just prevented him from looking too hilarious to be taken seriously. Also, who cares about someones accent? As long as they speak English and it's understandable it's fine for me, besides, I never found Ed's accent to be problematic in anyway. It was maybe a bit different than most others on the show but he was from a different continent so it was just a good thing.

Ed was an amazing Daario, his voice was perfect and he captured the arrogance that Daario has. He didn't look like Daario because Daario looks stupid, why would Dany chose Daario over Jorah (who's a good looking guy in the show) when Daario looks more like a court jester than a man who could woo one of the best looking women in the series

Saw this news. I am not really sure how to feel. I didn't like the original that much, but I am not a fan of recasting characters

Couldn't agree more! The actor portraying him originally seemed way too cocky to play the part, and I didn't feel his features matched the character description very well either. However, I am totally against recasting, although I'm sure it wasn't the Double D's (Weiss and Benioff) choice for him to leave. I mean I would even rather Joffrey stayed the same, rather than being recast - and that's saying something!

I was not a fan of Faabio Naharis at all. He just didn't exude the air of danger I would expect from a sellsword. He looked like he'd be too busy braiding his locks and plucking his chest hair to participate in a real battle. I'm looking forward to the new Daario.

I don't get this, as opposed to book daario who looks like he spends all his time on his hair anyways?

Edit: not to mention that he looks like a clown?

It seems pretty likely now that it could had been a scheduling conflict, but don't let that stop the HBO bashing.

What show has had this much of a problem with casting and retaining actors and actresses?

Every single casting call is news for fans. Tons of websites track literally every major and minor role. When a major role is filled it trends all over social media. Everyone is paying attention. Please make more excuses. Apologize for the show even more.

It shows you that HBO just doesn't care. They aren't planning for the long term. They'll just randomly recast rather than try to work around the fans with eyes and ears noticing the different people playing the same part. Beric, Gregor, Tommen, Daario, Gregor again. It's not like anyone notices....right? And if someone does notice some sycophant worshiper with no critical thought will berate people on a personal level for pointing out the flaws of recasting.

I find it hilarious that True Blood's far more famous cast always shows up for work. And no one from Mad Men just disappears. But Game of Thrones just tosses off actors rather than making a schedule change? It's total incompetence.

There are 'fans' on this site that would defend HBO for recasting Tyrion with a donkey. "Oh you're just a hater". "It's a donkey....the show hasn't changed that much". "You're a book purist...so what that Tyrion's a human in the books...get over it moron". Etc.

What show has had this much of a problem with casting and retaining actors and actresses?

Every single casting call is news for fans. Tons of websites track literally every major and minor role. When a major role is filled it trends all over social media. Everyone is paying attention. Please make more excuses. Apologize for the show even more.

It shows you that HBO just doesn't care. They aren't planning for the long term. They'll just randomly recast rather than try to work around the fans with eyes and ears noticing the different people playing the same part. Beric, Gregor, Tommen, Daario, Gregor again. It's not like anyone notices....right? And if someone does notice some sycophant worshiper with no critical thought will berate people on a personal level for pointing out the flaws of recasting.

I find it hilarious that True Blood's far more famous cast always shows up for work. And no one from Mad Men just disappears. But Game of Thrones just tosses off actors rather than making a schedule change? It's total incompetence.

There are 'fans' on this site that would defend HBO for recasting Tyrion with a donkey. "Oh you're just a hater". "It's a donkey....the show hasn't changed that much". "You're a book purist...so what that Tyrion's a human in the books...get over it moron". Etc.

Prepare yourself for a possible Arya ,Bran,Sansa ans surely Rickon recast then....have you seen how fast Maise and Isaac are growing?

I've spent the last few days hoping these rumors were false. I really liked Ed Skrein as Daario. Why no confirmation yet? The actor who got The Mountain is shouting it from the roof tops, but nothing confirmed from the Daario camp, until now I guess. I just don't get these actors giving up career-making rolls on GOT for what? I random orc role in the Hobbit, and what for Ed Skrein? something nobody will probably ever see him in or remember him for. I don't blame HBO at all, he seems happy with the choice. I find it stupid.

How many of the other shows on television film in four different countries? The scale and complexity of the Game of Thrones production is unmatched by anything else on TV. They cannot reschedule for every single actor. They certainly will not reschedule for actors in minor roles (as Gregor is).

While I am critical of the show in other aspects, I think the ambition and difficulty of what they're doing on the production side cannot be denied.

Archived