whats GRRM reading today?

Abyssalix

Do you think if there's audience, they'll continue? Because I have heard that Sex and the City was cancelled because the cast/ writers thought that there wasn't much more for the characters to do... And True Blood is in it's seventh season, though I have never watched it.I do hope they have to finish in six to make Martin write like the wind;

True Blood is in its seventh season but it could and should have ended a while ago. D&D have also said that they have to take the kids' growth into consideration, which is a big factor.

I think the show could go for seven or eight seasons, but that's probably the max. Like some people on here are predicting 10 or more and that just is not going to happen.

True Blood is in its seventh season but it could and should have ended a while ago. D&D have also said that they have to take the kids' growth into consideration, which is a big factor.

I think the show could go for seven or eight seasons, but that's probably the max. Like some people on here are predicting 10 or more and that just is not going to happen.

Yah imagine watching bran while he's 24

Rickon at 17 years

Arya at 25

Weird.

yes it's true.

here's b and w saying they are going for 8 seasons....

http://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-final-season-3-8/

MJ:
I gather that
Game of Thrones
could last eight or nine seasons. Does that mean putting novel writing on hold for a decade?

B&W:
Yes, if we live that long and HBO keeps wanting to make the show. We have the opportunity here to tell a coherent story that lasts for 80 hours. And while a canvas of that size presents all sorts of storytelling problems, it also allows us to spend more time with these characters we love than we’ll ever get again. Every once in a while we get five minutes to think about thinking about novels. But mostly we’re just happy when we get to read one now and again.

and heres b and w explaining why they definitely don't want 10 seasons....

http://io9.com/what-happens-when-em-game-of-thrones-em-runs-out-of-453871355

It's possible the producers, who know the broad strokes of Martin's ending for the story, might conclude the show before the last book is released. Not that anyone involved wants that to happen. "Ideally, the books come out first," Benioff says. "We don't want to become a show that outstays its welcome and tries to turn each book into three seasons. Part of what we love about these books, and this show, is this sense of momentum and building toward something. If we tried to turn this into a 10-season show we'd strangle the golden goose. There is a ticking clock here."

Apparently Martin told the crowd what Tyrions "wiener" looks like :lol: :ack:

I think we know that already! Just in case people had forgotten...

Even his manhood was ugly, thick and veined, with a bulbous purple head

Enjoy your food.

Did you see that tweet too? I looked at her twitter account and it looks like she's reading ASoS, so I guess she just got to the Tyrion/Sansa wedding chapter.

Yes I did. I hope she means ASOS. We need actual events in the TWOW, and not genital description. Weve had enough of that in the previous books.

Do you think if there's audience, they'll continue? Because I have heard that Sex and the City was cancelled because the cast/ writers thought that there wasn't much more for the characters to do... And True Blood is in it's seventh season, though I have never watched it.I do hope they have to finish in six to make Martin write like the wind;

HBO executives say GOT can go on as long as there are stories to tell and they also tell Martin to keep writing.

Source: EW

Yeah, Martin can be preeetty descriptive in some rather nauseating ways some times. Still, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for Aeron. Seriously, the Greyjoys are fascinating, especially because they come from such a different culture than the rest of Westeros.

Yeah, Martin can be preeetty descriptive in some rather nauseating ways some times. Still, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for Aeron. Seriously, the Greyjoys are fascinating, especially because they come from such a different culture than the rest of Westeros.

i never saw the deference in culture,just signs of mental decay, must be something in the water on those islands :P

Preeeetty sure GRRM already gave us a fairly vivid description of Tyrions penis in ASoS.

Which I had chosen to forget until it was brought up in this thread. Though I suppose I was the one who kinda started it :dunce:

Archived