[TWoW Spoilers] Worldcon reading: second Tyrion chapter

Joseph Nobles

Sorry guys, I skipped all of Dany and Tyrion's chapters in DwD. Who's the Tattered Prince and which side are the two dragons fighting on?

http://awoiaf.wester...Tattered_Prince

But you really should go back and read the chapters you skipped. Tyrion's are all pretty good. Dany's last 2 chapters are very good, IMO.

(edit: you must have skipped Quentyn's chapters, too!)

My guess was:

Barristan 1

Victarion 1

Tyrion 1

Barristan 2

[possibly Victarion 2]

Tyrion 2

[possibly Barristan 3 to end the battle?]

[and if my personal theory is correct this will be followed by a Daenerys chapter]

Well we know that the Barristan I takes place directly before the battle. The chapter ends as the attack is sounded.

The Victarion chapter is set before this, they still have to head for Meereen.

Barristan makes no mention of the dragons in Barristan II, but they clearly appear between the end of Barristan II and Tyrion II.

I would guess that there is a couple of Victarion chapters missing from the line up. One of them covering the naval battle, the other covering the landing and the dragons descending on the battlefield.

So:

Victarion I - Dragonbinder

Barristan I - Sound the attack

Tyrion I - Ships on the horizon

Victarion II - Naval attack

Barristan II - Kraken banners

Victarion III - Dragons descend

Tyrion II - Battle chaos, Second sons swap sides.

Joseph Nobles,

Soon-to-be-released compendium -The World of Ice and Fire?

Yes, that's it. George was adding so much to entries, the book was becoming unwieldy. Long entries with only one picture, etc. All the stuff that's cut out will be going into the GRRMarillion.

Sorry guys, I skipped all of Dany and Tyrion's chapters in DwD. Who's the Tattered Prince and which side are the two dragons fighting on?

I don't know if you're serious or not, but I chuckled because I skipped those chapters on my first read.

The Yunkish are definitely getting destroyed in this war, Dragons, Brown ben turning cloak, apoosible khalasar and best of all Fucking Victarion's about to swoop in and wreck shit.

Man this got me pumped i cannot wait to read this....... in 5 years!

This battle is going to be highly entertaining, but is it just me or does it seem to be taking a few too many chapters to get to the point? There will be at least 7 chapters dedicated to the battle and its build-up... that could be about 10% of the book, and we're not even really into the Winds stuff yet as the battle was supposed to be in Dance!

Can't complain too much though, keep bringing the previews George!

Yeah, I haven't even read the first five books and I'm excited about this battle...Only question is who's Tyrion and why is there Dragons around??

Archived