Wyman Manderly hiding Rickon?

TORMUNDSMEMBER10

Right, we know that wyman manderly has said he will bend the knee to stannis and take him as his king if davos returns from skagos with his liege lord Rickon. But what if he is hiding Rickon in white harbour somehow and has attempted to send davos to his death. i will give my reasons why he will be doing this.

he could of rejected declaring for stannis completely and come out and said, my king is right here with me (and revealed Rickon). but if he did this then he would be a traitor to stannis and would be next in line for stannis to take over. instead he sends davos away knowing he can't bring back rickon so wont actually have to declare for stannis. in the meantime he will help stannis get rid of the boltons at winterfell so that he doesnt have to do it himself (as he probably doesnt have the numbers stannis does). so really he is making stannis do the dirty work for rickon to become king (in the north).

If stannis is king en Rickon is reinstalled as liege lord of winterfell and warden of the north, everything will work out fine.

Manderly is playing it safe because he will get crushed from every angle.

Stannis is done with all kings and will not want another king in the north, but he will want the last stark in winterfell in the end.

I guess anything in this series is possible, but I don't see it. I just don;t see the north having the strength to create their own kingdom/succeed from the south. With the imminent war with the Boltons/Freys, and an Others attack sure to come as well, I think re-installing the Stark line as Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North is the best they can hope for,

Also, there is no reason for Wyman to send Davos on a wild goose hunt if he just wants him dead, he could have done it right there in White Harbour.

Stannis wants Rickon, or Bran in winterfell because it is their right. If the northmen then declare their own King Stannis would keep fighting. Manderley would have to have some plan for that. I can't see that he already has Rickon though>there would be no point sending him anywhere, he could have just lopped his nut off in the first place.

Wyman doesn't have Rickon, as per Jon seeing Shaggy fighting a unicorn which apparently only exist on Skagos now. The whole point of sending Davos the smuggler to Skagos is to smuggle Rickon back because he doesn't want the Iron Throne or the Boltons to catch on to the fact that White Harbour supports neither of them and intends to reinstate the Starks in the North. I mean, the Manderlys could easily sail their ships to Skagos and back, but all it takes is one pro-Bolton/Lannister man to see it and report it and all of a sudden White Harbour is in a tight spot and have to explain why they sent ships to Skagos of all places. Not to mention, the seas are currently more rough and dangerous to travel than they have been in a long time and the Skagosi aren't exactly predictable so sending Davos negates the danger of sending Manderly men and losing them in his place. I believe Wyman even states as much to Davos.

Basically, no, Rickon isn't with the Manderlys yet. If Wyman wanted Davos dead, he'd just kill him. No point in a wild goose chase first.

He actually fakes Davos death to placate the Freys at White Harbor. Manderly is playing a deep game here. He is keeping his cards close to the vest play for contingencies. He can't keep Rickon in WH,too many chances with Shaggy Dog that Rickon would be recognized.

So no he isn't playing Davos false as far as Rickon being on Skagos.

But he may be playing him with regards to Stannis.

Why would Manderly play falsely with Stannis. He wants a Stark at Winterfell and will retrieve Rickon. A child Lord at Winterfell is quite acceptable and he can swear allegiance to Stannis - which will be necessary. Rickon is far too young to be King in the North in his own right.

I reckon Wyman(first name terms me and Wyman) is a pretty decent bloke who seems to have a good grasp on things as does his daughter by the way,he got his son back and has tricked the Iron throne into thinking he's with em,way I see it he holds all the cards as long as he doesn't get him self killed in Winterfell,I'll be devastated if Stannis kills him thinking he killed Davos and is on Roosevelt Boltons side,it could get a little messy.

As for Rickon a mute followed em and told Wyman,hard to fake that I reckon?

I reckon Wyman(first name terms me and Wyman) is a pretty decent bloke who seems to have a good grasp on things as does his daughter by the way,he got his son back and has tricked the Iron throne into thinking he's with em,way I see it he holds all the cards as long as he doesn't get him self killed in Winterfell,I'll be devastated if Stannis kills him thinking he killed Davos and is on Roosevelt Boltons side,it could get a little messy.

As for Rickon a mute followed em and told Wyman,hard to fake that I reckon?

Don't you see ANY problems with that story?

First of all, let's accept Wyx manages to tail Osha, Rickon and ShaggyDog from Winterfell to White Harbour as unlikely as it is that he could do that without being detected. Osha is pretty canny and ShaggyDog's main perception is through his sense of smell. Does it seem likely that Wex could stay downwind, even when the wind shifts direction from day to day or from hour to hour?

So imagine that Wex cruises into White Harbour an hour or two or even a day or two behind the party. He's MUTE. How is he going to ask anybody, "Hey, have you seen a wildling woman with a little boy and a monstrous direwolf anywhere? It would involve the most fantastic pantomime you could imagine.

Anyway, suppose Wex does get it across to the last person to see them before they left White Harbour. Would you expect that person to know where they were going? Osha's mission after all is to make Rickon disappear, untraceable. She's not going to be shooting her mouth off about their destination.

I want to suspend disbelief on this story because I'd really like to see Wyman's plan work and a Stark in Winterfell again, so I mostly ignore these problems. But I don't pretend that this is the way it is and we're not going to see some big surprises on this story line in future.

I want to suspend disbelief on this story because I'd really like to see Wyman's plan work and a Stark in Winterfell again, so I mostly ignore these problems. But I don't pretend that this is the way it is and we're not going to see some big surprises on this story line in future.

Jons wolf dreams of Shaggy fighting unicorns was obviously a red herring meant to make us believe this tale of falsities.

I think there is valid evidence that Osha, Rickon and Shaggy (and probably Wex) made a pit stop in White Harbor before going or being sent on their way to Skagos. A few of us theorized about it in this thread. That being said, I don't think they are still in White Harbor given the wolf dreams Jon had about Shaggy playing with the unicorns found on Skagos.

I think there is valid evidence that Osha, Rickon and Shaggy (and probably Wex) made a pit stop in White Harbor before going or being sent on their way to Skagos. A few of us theorized about it in this thread. That being said, I don't think they are still in White Harbor given the wolf dreams Jon had about Shaggy playing with the unicorns found on Skagos.

I'm feeling stingy/lazy with my words, so I"m just going to requote you, to recommend this thread! cheers

Don't you see ANY problems with that story?

First of all, let's accept Wyx manages to tail Osha, Rickon and ShaggyDog from Winterfell to White Harbour as unlikely as it is that he could do that without being detected. Osha is pretty canny and ShaggyDog's main perception is through his sense of smell. Does it seem likely that Wex could stay downwind, even when the wind shifts direction from day to day or from hour to hour?

So imagine that Wex cruises into White Harbour an hour or two or even a day or two behind the party. He's MUTE. How is he going to ask anybody, "Hey, have you seen a wildling woman with a little boy and a monstrous direwolf anywhere? It would involve the most fantastic pantomime you could imagine.

Anyway, suppose Wex does get it across to the last person to see them before they left White Harbour. Would you expect that person to know where they were going? Osha's mission after all is to make Rickon disappear, untraceable. She's not going to be shooting her mouth off about their destination.

Well yes I see your point but given that only Theon knows about Rickon not being killed then I can't see any other reason why Wyman would know about them,unless of course like the original question he's cherry picked bits of the tale and is indeed keeping Rickon but I don't see it myself,I think it is what it is.

Well yes I see your point but given that only Theon knows about Rickon not being killed then I can't see any other reason why Wyman would know about them,unless of course like the original question he's cherry picked bits of the tale and is indeed keeping Rickon but I don't see it myself,I think it is what it is.

I'm not sure if I'm clear on what you mean, but I just wanted to point out that Theon is definitely not the only one who knows Rickon and Bran survived the sack of Winterfell. It's basically an open secret in the north at this time. I think the only family in the north at this time who has no idea the Stark boys were never killed are the Freys.

Archived