why didnt varys know about cersie and jamie's sexual relationsip ?

Aakash11bajaj

i m still reading the books, and currently i m on DwD. and it occured to me that it is not clear if Varys had any knowledge about Cersie's and Jamie's sexual relationship. and more importantly, why not?

i might have missed the implied but if anyone has any idea if Varys knew about it please tell,

He did know, he left a few clues for Ned Stark to pursue without actually saying it out loud.

Not to mention, the clues he left for Stannis and Jon Arryn. Varys knew, but he couldn't afford Robert to know until it was right for the Realm.

The best chance Aegon and/or Daenerys had to re-claim the throne laid in the fact Robert left no heirs and his brothers had no sons.

Not to mention, the clues he left for Stannis and Jon Arryn. Varys knew, but he couldn't afford Robert to know until it was right for the Realm.

The best chance Aegon and/or Daenerys had to re-claim the throne lied in the fact Robert left no heirs and his brothers had no sons.

my thoughts exactly. Varys was holding that information until it was right for The Realm *cough* House Targaryen

He did know....when he tells Eddard what possesed him to tell the queen about it when he was in the dungeon.....it kind of implied that he knew better and that Ned was a schmuck for telling her that he knew....

Not to mention, he told him the reason why Varys himself never told Cersei before: it wasn't the wine what killed Robert, it was Lord Stark's mercy.

Ned caused his best friend's death because he couldn't keep the information Lord Varys kept to himself all these years.

Not to mention, he told him the reason why Varys himself never told Cersei before: it wasn't the wine what killed Robert, it was Lord Stark's mercy.

Ned caused his best friend's death because he couldn't keep the information Lord Varys kept to himself all these years.

Very true.....after Ned divulged his findings to the queen she accelerated her plans to get Robert out of the picture...

i m still reading the books, and currently i m on DwD. and it occured to me that it is not clear if Varys had any knowledge about Cersie's and Jamie's sexual relationship. and more importantly, why not?

i might have missed the implied but if anyone has any idea if Varys knew about it please tell,

Good question, but I 'll ask you something else. What's Varys' plan? Don't answer, finish ADwD ;)

He knew for sure. In aGoT he has a conversation with Ned where Ned asks him if he knew, and Varys says it was easy to put two and two together given the hair color of the bastards and that of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen. He gives several reason why it wasn't so hard to actually figure it out and afterwards Ned asks him why he didn't do anything about it, if I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

enough has been said bout his convo wid Ned, Another clue is his conversation with Tyrion in CoK.

varys knew. But that cunning SoB has some plans which would not be executed if he spilled the beans.

And also if robert found out he would probably kill Jamie forcing another War on the realm betwn Robert and Tywin.

That i the last thing Varys wanted

And also if robert found out he would probably kill Jamie forcing another War on the realm betwn Robert and Tywin.

At this time.

Also Jaime might very well have killed Robert instead, he pretty much admitted he would not hesitate to do so. Now that would have plunged the realm into chaos, with the Iron Throne empty and the most powerful House in disgrace.

• 1 month later...

enough has been said bout his convo wid Ned, Another clue is his conversation with Tyrion in CoK.

varys knew. But that cunning SoB has some plans which would not be executed if he spilled the beans.

Yes, Varys knew. His little birds would have found out and reported back. But he had eyes and could see those children were not Robert's. And I agree, he was waiting to spring that trap when he needed total war.

Poor Ned. So chivalrous to give Cersei a chance to get out of town with her kids.

I dislike Robert for naming Ned Hand. He probably did not even think about the peril to Ned, and how illy prepared Ned was for the job. Well. I dislike Robert for a lot of other things.

Archived