Thanks BWB

Shadow Wolf here. Just wanted to give a special thanks and shout out to XRay and the rest of the BWB crew.

Last night was my first time attending a real GOT fan party and the BWB crew was friendly, funny and made me feel more than welcome.

Don't get me wrong, I tried to stick to the shadows as much as possible (even though there wasn't any). I was more of a Lone Wolf really trying to hold the walls up, but the BWB crew wasn't having it, I was forced to take a couple "Hounds Bane" shots and start mingling, not against my will of course.

Talking to different GOT fans was something really special to me. I have friends who watch the show but almost none who have read the books, so it was fun to talk about and dissect the books with fellow geeks, many who came from far around the globe. A couple people even told me that I was the only native San Antonian they had met, which was pretty cool. I hope i did my city and state proud.

All in all it was a great night. I was a little bummed that my raffle tickets weren't called but that's really minor and i still left with some cool stuff, my favorite being the house of black and white t-shirt (Arya is my favorite character). I also got to meet Tom Maringer, who's replica coins were amazing. I bought one of his faceless man coins and after talking with him for a while he surprised me with a LOTR shire coin, very cool!

Thanks again everyone, I hope to see you all at the next one. Ya'll really made thus shy Texas boy feel welcome.

A special thanks to the young lady door greeter who made me feel young again by trying to confiscate my smiley face bracelet(that let everyone know I am over 21) even though I was born in 1983. Thanks.

You are so welcome! It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm proud that I and my sucky basic math skills were able to give you a boost. :). Thanks in return for the 'young lady' comment. My biggest problem with your I.D. was that I can't believe I'm this old. I lost a decade last night working the door.

Last night was a lot of fun...I'm so glad you came by and hung with us!

I'd like to join in and say thanks to my Bros for making this another awesome Con experience. It was wonderful seeing faces from Chicago last year and meeting new ones this year.

I've got glitter all over my new Arya shirt and want to blame Lucky Pierre but I think we all know its Pod's fault.

My only regret was not having more time to talk to Elder Sister who is the friendliest person in the world. It seems like you were a hit with the Bros ES which means we need you to come to London! Please (and Boskone)!

I'm at my gate now in the San Antonio airport and should get ready to board. I'm not ready for this to be over. :(

My only regret was not having more time to talk to Elder Sister who is the friendliest person in the world. It seems like you were a hit with the Bros ES which means we need you to come to London!

I second this completely! I'd love to meet the wonderful ES in London, among others, and see some familiar faces too. Sounds like you all had an amazing weekend - it's made me up the nagging of the other half to save up for his membership for London ;)

Archived