Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

@ Ser Creighton

Jon never "feels the fourth knife", but it is included in the narrative. So is there a true three pattern there? or is the fourth knife a way out of certain death?

Dany's three treasons, three fires, threes mounts. What comes after the third? Death?

Three red priests Moqorro, Melisandre, Thoros of Myr.

While this is Martins standard symbolism, it's not actually the use of the code. However if I was to write this as the code, let me show you what happens. While it contains 3 the actual patterns is in fact not identical. One of these is different from the other.

How would the Raven state the attack. Probably something like this, but it is way to obvious so it can't be written by Martin.

The first word is the most important as it sets the pattern.

"knife, dagger, dagger, knife." The pattern is broken at no point is anything repeated 3 times. Note that Martin made sure that neither dagger or knife was used in a 3 pattern. Now lets look at the wounds.

"cut, punched, .... No pattern with the wounds.

3 men and 3 injuries is the only pattern and never is the death code uttered in the scene or before it. And we still have the fact that it may be 4 men. The injuries are also not the same you have a cut and two stab wounds.

Ser Creighton! You rock in the world of codes! :bowdown:

I thank you for posting the reveal on Jon Snow and the word Snow and girls. I am in total awe. I kept going back and forth with the Girls, girls girls on my re-reads trying to figure out what that bird was trying to tell us the readers. Your explanation made it seem so easy to see..I am humbled..humbled I say! lol

It is a shame that some people are dismissing this theory. I actually think you have provided excellent examples of the code.

We will all know when TWOW comes out and the code is continued. I for one will give you kudos before the book because I think you have done excellent work.

I am in agreement with GreenBlood Orphan regarding Martin being a deliberate writer and he is repeating a motiff in the three words spoken.

Thanks for doing all the work and taking the time to post to the forum. My two sons have been so desolate regarding Jon's stabbing and I have tried to tell them that Martin has not written Jon out of the story ..your explanation is a great example for me to use with both of them. They are adults and have little time to do as many re-reads or clue searching. You made my day ser!

Thank you so much for the kind words, and you tell your boys Jon is going make it. However while the Snow in Jon Snow may be gone when Jon gets up or soon after he will get up. Though it may take him a little bit to get up. I am positive he will.

I really do need to get to the revision on this. Your support has been really appreciated and your great point about Hodor was just perfect, really the icing on the cake.

What do you think about the Theon sample chapter from WoW, it seemed that the raven was being warged by BR the entire time. By the way, does this only apply to Mormont's raven?

I have not looked at Theon's chapter in WoW in awhile I will have to check. No it is not just the raven he is only the example I went with. Hodor does it as well and a white raven at Dragonstone and Patchface did it, though I have to go over all the chapters he is in to see if he repeats this pattern. The word does not have to be corn either, that was just the word I picked as it has the most examples.

One of the odd anomalies is Kevan Lannister who got an odd "drip-drip-drip" at the beginning of the Dance epilouge. I don't know what to make of it, though it does fit the pattern. It was similar to Patchface's use of "fool, fool, fool" right before the Maester died at Dragonstone. I generally look at these as Martin playing around a bit with pattern, being clever. The white raven at dragonstone, used "Lord, (discriptive text break) Lord, lord." Right at the Maester who was refered to as my Lord. It's the future pattern of grave danger, and what happened? The Maester made a specific choice in the future that led to his death. Once again the code mantains it's integrity.

Haha, well it wasn't all me I asked a friend of mine to see if he noticed anything with the use of the word Corn. He is an expert in cryptanalysis, he spotted the fact that Martin was deliberately using bad grammer to create a pattern. And I took it from there.

Now, I have noticed that, too. Some things are deliberate, because GRRM has done them correctly before and later. He spends an awful lot of time working on each and every word that goes into this story, so none of them are selected at random. The preview chapters are significantly short of flesh when compared to the completed chapters, including some special bits that GRRM puts in as he chortles to himself.

Now, I have noticed that, too. Some things are deliberate, because GRRM has done them correctly before and later. He spends an awful lot of time working on each and every word that goes into this story, so none of them are selected at random. The preview chapters are significantly short of flesh when compared to the completed chapters, including some special bits that GRRM puts in as he chortles to himself.

Lion thanks so much for reading I love seeing the R and Lers out and about. Your right he is very deliberate, check out the new Hodor section and watch the big guy call the red wedding. I also have Bran using the code, the Red wedding, and the battle of the fist added. Still a work in progress, going page by page, got lots more text support coming. But really thank you posting.

Could someone provide links to a few of these pattern recognition threads? I haven't seen any before, and I'm intrigued! Thanks

Give me a little time and will I get some to you, I have to look them up, Lies and Arbor gold is one and there is the Corn King thread. The Peaches thread, the Lemon thread, Lemon Cakes and lies the Sansa Stark story.

I'm not really sure I follow the corn code, Ser Creighton. But I do find some of the patterns of three interesting.

Here's one: "… I want my bride back … I want my bride back … I want my bride back …"

This is what Jon is thinking before he tells Tormund they had best change the plan. In the letter, Ramsay (or whoever wrote it) used three different ways to talk about the missing bride. "steal my bride", "I will have my bride back", "I want my bride back".

This thread is getting interesting. Great work Ser Creighton!

I'm getting more on board with each reread that Dany will become a dark and destructive character. The pattern of 3's = death definitely fits that. I'd be interested to see if any words get repeated 3 times while Aegon is around since it's a popular theory that she will kill him.

I'm not really sure I follow the corn code, Ser Creighton. But I do find some of the patterns of three interesting.

Here's one: "… I want my bride back … I want my bride back … I want my bride back …"

This is what Jon is thinking before he tells Tormund they had best change the plan. In the letter, Ramsay (or whoever wrote it) used three different ways to talk about the missing bride. "steal my bride", "I will have my bride back", "I want my bride back".

Well I am not finished yet but simply put Martin marks death with a 3 pattern like "Corn, Corn, Corn" it's a verbal pattern, it's always said and you have to read it as if it is being said to you.. I don't know if you read the new revision with Hodor. But I have expanded upon the theory. Corn is not really that important it's only the 3 pattern I call it the corn code because that is where I found the pattern. What you just wrote "I want my bride back 3 times. That is basically the pattern but it has to be said it's verbal text save a couple of anomalies.

Punctuation is also important. "!" exclamation mark. This marks a major death event. It looks like this "Hodor!" "Hodor!" "Hodor!" That's a pattern although it could be meant instead of Hodor or Corn or Snow or whatever. This pattern with the exclamation mark was used to mark the red wedding years in advance, Ned Starks death and the first time we see a White Walker. If you have time give the new revision a look, it is very different from the original and these are still only the rough drafts. I like the name Corn Code that is why I am sticking with it but any word would do, Hodor Code, Martin code, doesn't matter. Just remember it needs to be verbal said out loud. Thinking can name a subject of the code, but unless it is verbal "Corn" text, it's not the code.

And Dr. Pepper thank you for posting and reading it, that was really nice of you. By the way your post on the Corn King fixed code, I kept thinking Corn meant death early on. Then realized it doesn't. I started with the 3 pattern in corn and it mean death. But in single use it didn't at least not often. Then I realized it was the consecutive 3 pattern, not the word. So I went from there.

This thread is getting interesting. Great work Ser Creighton!

I'm getting more on board with each reread that Dany will become a dark and destructive character. The pattern of 3's = death definitely fits that. I'd be interested to see if any words get repeated 3 times while Aegon is around since it's a popular theory that she will kill him.

That's funny that's how I feel about the theory. When I first started it I was like hmm there is clearly something here but I wasn't sure, but the more I have refocused on three and begun to flush it out the more I am like oh crap.

I am a big Dany fan, but nobody is more symbolic of three than her. The question is who is going to be the subject. I don't care if she kills, I just want to know who she kills, that's the key. I am only like 1/3 of the way through thrones going page by page looking for all the patterns. Because they can use different words it is really hard. So I did like 6-700 pages today. Dany is always surrounded by the number 3 but not this code at least so far and I have a long way to go. It's always three with dany but the code is someting else. Like just outside Qarth it was 3 people that came to see her. And I thought three warlocks went to meet wtih Euron.

The daughter of death is the daughter of death for a reason. She is literally like the symbol of three.

I feel like death when I drink a three wise men. Jose, Jack and Jim. So there's that.

Probably don't want to mix those three. Jose and Jack???? YUCK. Could be worse you could be drinking Johnnie Walker, nothing hurts more than scotch the next day, not even cousin Jose.

Archived