Corn Code Revision 8. The Game of Thrones exposed.

Ser Creighton

"Some men have many names. Weasel, Arry, Arya."

Arya Chapter when they set the Northern prisoners free.

Again... not the same word, but referring to the same person 3 times.

Rather than the death of Arya herself... maybe its more of an allusion to her becoming no one.

Jaqen in the same chapter tells her its time for a man to die- and he changed his own face.

Also... Arya is in Italics... so can we ignore that right? Maybe there's some hope for Arya retaining part of herself.

Also... was reading Dany's house of the undying chapter again... really feel that important stuff must be in it... Everything from the repetition of words to the fact that there are three doors and the always needed to take the right most door. .

One quote I thought was interesting, and I know has been brought up in this thread in part is:

"I have come for the gift of truth," Dany said. "In the long hall, the things I saw... were they true visions, or lies? Past things, or things to come? What did they mean.

... the shape of shadows.. morrows not yet made... drink from the cup of ice... drink from the cup of fire...

...mother of dragons... child of three...

"Three?" She did not understand.

I find it interesting that their answer to visions of the past and future isn't a full answer really, but simply that she's the child of three. As we already know, three largely expresses danger and future events.

Not going to put the rest of the quote... but I will copy what she is three of:

Three heads has the dragon

three fires must you light... one for life and one for death and one to love...

three mounts must you ride... one to bed and one to dread and one to love...

three treason will you know... once for blood and once for gold and once for love...

Don't know if the repetition of love here has been addressed... obviously not in typical three code, but alot of repetition.

mother of dragons... child of three...

mother of dragons... child of storm...

mother of dragons, daughter of death...

mother of dragons, slayer of lies...

mother of dragons, bride of fire....

Then thousand slaves lifted bloodstained hands as she raced by on her silver, riding like the wind. "Mother!" they cried. "Mother, mother!"

Those are in themselves clues and if you can connect them to the word codes you have an answer. The three treasons are already in the Op at the bottom of examples.

It's a game Bluesnow the codes are word puzzles, when you posted that base key yesterday. "Stranger. Danger. Death." That's the base of the key for solving these. And you found it. They are brain teasers, word puzzles. You are playing the game of thrones. Solve a puzzle and Martin gives you a cookie.

1. Is a broken code, but it just help figure something out. It's not just the first word that sets the pattern it's the first phrase. If it's one word it has to match, if it's one phrase it has to match. I think I am still looking at those. I need to check other similar patterns. It still matters, it's still a code, but it's off from being a death code. It's also the future pattern. Really glad to see your spotting not just the three patterns but the outside future patterns as well.

2, 3. Are danger codes.

You know with the early reveal of what looks like a key he put in the books that Bluesnow found and the way the codes works. I don't think this is just a reference guide, it is really starting remind me of a brain teaser or puzzle game. And when you play the game of thrones you either win or you?

It's just there is obvious teasing and trolling in some of these codes and they are always puzzles. He puts a puzzle code in, there are clues all around it. The code tells you what to look for and you have to piece the puzzle together.

I don't know much about word puzzles, but isn't it always a puzzle with the codes?

Bloody hell it is a game, isn't it? That would explain all the twists and turns. Some of the twists and turns lead us to a new discovery and others are dead ends--hence sprinkling clues either before or after the codes. He's making us work for it and to do that we also have to look at the context of the codes which provides clues. I'm glad to know posting that code helped. It clears up a lot of confusion for me (in regards to some other codes I've found) that if it is a phrase that has to match up as well.

Bloody hell it is a game, isn't it? That would explain all the twists and turns. Some of the twists and turns lead us to a new discovery and others are dead ends--hence sprinkling clues either before or after the codes. He's making us work for it and to do that we also have to look at the context of the codes which provides clues. I'm glad to know posting that code helped. It clears up a lot of confusion for me (in regards to some other codes I've found) that if it is a phrase that has to match up as well.

Yep it's a game. Although when it comes to phrasing, it may be just the first word setting the pattern. I am going back to sticking with that for now until I can work on it more. My brain is basically Jello at this point. though what you wrote still helped a lot. The twists and turns can be complex, and while the big part is done it's down to the fine details and those matter.

I am trying not to make any mistakes but they are puzzles and I am far from perfect. Though I am not half bad at puzzles. New revision going up.

"For those of you with much better brains than me. In this same chapter are two large codes. Both are chanted by Queen Selyse."

Oh come on, your brain is just fine. 15 million copies of the books have been sold, it's a hit tv show, the series has been around for 2 decades, and these puzzles just started and it's a massive info download that takes time. And yes they are hard, some are easy but a lot are really hard. Trying to figure out the inns and outs of the patterns is no walk in the park. He is making it hard for a reason. But remember it's a puzzle, a brain teaser, and to have fun with them. It takes time just like it does for everyone else, besides look how far you are ahead of the curve. 15 million copies, and that does not include downloads.

" Grant him strength," answered Queen Selyse and her knights and ladies. " Grant him courage, Grant him wisdom". Punctuation changes and italics again. Grant is repeated three times but we end up with Strength, courage, wisdom."

"Anther huge chant on page 648-649 by Queen Selyse."

"I am sorry post is so long. I perhaps need to just stick with the easier codes for now."

Well lets see you want to know if that is a death code. Yes it is. It's a future pattern, don't worry about the first comma as far as I know.

So who is it for? Stannis is mentioned, Jon is there, not even close to being a code for either of them. It's in italics, so get clever. But your worried it's for Alys? It's not, but I do have a very good idea who it is for. Look at those last three words.

Strength.

Courage.

Wisdom.

Much like the hounds Bugger that code which points to two people. This is actually pointing to 3 men. And if you look at the scene right before that is said three men are named. And they seem to fit rather nicely with those three words.

Othell Yarwyik The First builder "Strength"

Bowen Marsh First Steward "Courage"

Septon Cellador, Septon of Castle black "Wisdom"

The words are not so much about the people as the titles.

Dead men walking. Well I think you have a good idea of their fate in WoW. And this has been a good example of how the puzzles can work. :)

Well that's about it for me today, my brain is is Jello. Post any puzzles you want help with, remember to have fun with it, if I can I will check on them later tonight, but probably not till tomorrow as I am going to go veg out, drink beer and eat something bad for me. Finally going to watch that last Episode of Breaking Bad.

The first "?" is actually a question, in fact it is multiple question, Jeor also relies with a question. However it is the wording "Bastard that I am" and "Bastard that you are" that is the play, they can both be used as questions or statements. So when you read it you always take notice of it because it sounds a bit funny. In this case they are in fact questions but normally those are statements.

Also yes I have been working on all the three pattern words, and oh god is it a lot. However I am dropping the two pattern as I just can't do all those patterns for every book with every word and the three pattern is by far the most significant. But I got a treat for you since you brought up Jon, King and Snow. Two actually, actually make it three, because you have been so nice.

ADwD ch. 44:" "Jon stepped over a puddle of damp clothing. "Snow, Snow, Snow," the ravens called down from above."" Jon gets death coded, or does he? Now it looks like Jon is marked for death here, so what does, Martin do. He makes crystal clear what this means just a little later on.

ADwD ch. 58. ""Corn," the bird said, and "King" and, "Snow, Jon Snow, Jon Snow." That was queer. The bird never said his full name before, as best as Jon could recall."" Now this is the gem of all gems. Outside of the fact that he begins it with corn which I always enjoy. This has the most significant proof of the code. Martin has given the death code to Jon, but he hasn't and here he makes it clear. First note he actually calls it queer the full use of the name, he wants you to notice this. Second take a look at what he does. The word is only Snow. This unique in the whole series, it's the only time this code appears in this manner. Why not 3x "Jon Snow" why does the first word have to be different. Because to Martin if he uses 3x "Jon Snow" he has to kill him. But what is he killing off why the use of "Snow, Snow, Snow" in chapter 44? Look at the code again. He is not killing off "Jon," he is killing off 'Snow" Jon's bastard last name. Jon only got two coded mortal peril, but Snow is gettng 3 coded. Why is he doing this? What preceeds The 3 code? "King" And to be a King Jon needs his true name, the one he was born with.

Now you want to see the code get really cool. Where is it all going to happen? What if I told you Martin even gave the location of the big assasination attempt.

ADwD Ch.69: ""Girls," squaked Mormonts raven Girls, girls.""

Girls? Are girls in danger? Mortal peril in the future and the word "Girls." Where do all the girls live at the Night's Watch? They live at Hardin tower, where they attempted to kill Jon. So if Jon Snow went do to three stab wounds and Snow is all that died, than what Jon is getting up and why is the word "King" important?

Some body should save this and send it to GRRM if this is correct

This is also that part that got me interested in your theory

Alright bubba you get request.

The first code about the Smith I need more info on but it is a kill code. Though punctuation indicates it is a minor character getting the axe. The other three I am going to combine because they are all related. The first use of tree indicates a choice is being made that is heading to danger at the Wierwood tree. The second use of the tree pattern indicates a choice now will lead to danger or that this tree talk is head in a bad direction in the future. So something bad will happen involving the choices of that tree both now as in deciding to take someone there and the future something bad is going to happen at that tree and they should probably not be doing this. So your probably wondering about Theon. No he is not going to die. It is not the right Code for Theon, he is a major character the code would look like this "Theon! Theon! Theon!" or at the very least like this "Theon. Theon. Theon." though he will be involved in a death or that Theon may go back to Reek and thus his name dies. However looking at the scene I will point you in the direction the Knight with the 3 moths on his shield. He is already marked for death. Hope this helps.

Spoiler
Come on! One of them: Theon or Asha are dead meat!

This is the text:

["Theon is my mother's last surviving son. When his brothers died, it shattered her. His death will crush what remains of her... but I have not come to beg you for his life."

"Wise. I am sorry for your mother, but I do not spare the lives of turncloaks. This one, especially. He slew two sons of Eddard Stark. Every northman in my service would abandon me if I showed him any clemency. Your brother must die."

"Then do the deed yourself, Your Grace." The chill in Asha's voice made Theon shiver in his chains. "Take him out across the lake to the islet where the weirwood grows, and strike his head off with that sorcerous sword you bear. That is how Eddard Stark would have done it. Theon slew Lord Eddard's sons. Give him to Lord Eddard's gods. The old gods of the north. Give him to the tree."

And suddenly there came a wild thumping, as the maester's ravens hopped and flapped inside their cages, their black feathers flying as they beat against the bars with loud and raucous caws. "The tree," one squawked, "the tree, the tree," whilst the second screamed only, "Theon, Theon, Theon."

Theon Greyjoy smiled. They know my name, he thought.]

If it's not Theon or Asha, who else? Someone has an axe over his head, and it's not Stannis.

Ok long post sorry. ADWD

Mully has come to report to Jon Snow that a girl has arrived. " Girl, screamed the raven. " Girl, girl." A, (future tense) A, a. Not a kill code but a danger code and the words in italics.

Jon is thinking and questioning Mully as he washes his face. Following are the italic words in his mind. Little sister. He notices Melisandre's window has a reddish light as they walk towards Maester Aemon's tower. He thinks what game are you playing, priestess? He thinks how he wanted to believe it was Arya. He thinks how he will NOT turn her (Arya) over to Stannis or Melisandre.

Maester Aemon's old chambers were so warm that the sudden cloud of steam when Mully pulled the door open was enough to blind the both of them. (Interesting phrase in light of another thread regarding blindness in the arch of characters but not part of this discussion; I have reservations about Mully's loyalties to Jon by this point in the story)

Jon stepped over a puddle of damp clothing. "Snow, Snow, Snow," the raven called down from above. A,A,A, italics. Looks like a kill code but not for Jon.

Upon seeing Alys K. Jon thinks in italics She does look a bit like Arya, Starved and skinny, but her hair's the same color, and her eyes. I know this girl.

That brought a ghost of a smile to her lips. ( Foreshadowing of Alys being a ghost? danger?)

Discussion between them where Alys explains her reasons for fleeing and the plan her uncle has to betray Stannis.

My reflections on the above. I do think Jon is making a decision in regard to the LC of taking no sides. He has already reflected that he will not give Arya to Stannis, nor Melisandre and certainly not back to Ramsey. He is acting like a brother not the LC of the Night's Watch.

"You are my only hope, Lord Snow. In your father's name, I beg you Protect me." Said by Alys as she kneels and clutches his black cloak.

Skip to next Jon chapter. Jon is leading Alys to her Magnar. Possible further foreshadowing of Alys dying. He says to her "You're not scared?" The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart. " Let him be scared of me."

The snowflakes were melting on her cheeks, but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satan had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. More foreshadowing of Robb Stark and Alys Karstark. Robb had snow melting in his hair, melting from the heat of his body. They never meet again and Robb is killed.

Later Jon thinks of this when he is saying goodbye to Sam. the cold trickles on his face reminded Jon of the day he'd bid farewell to Robb at Winterfell, never knowing that it was for the last time.

Is it possible that Martin is using a code for Jon symbolically and also a code for Alys Karstark? Forgot to post this also Alys says to Jon "I'd like to die a woman wed." " Soon, my lady, (Jon assured her) " Soon." More foreshadowing. Soon to wed or soon to die.

For those of you with much better brains than me. In this same chapter are two large codes. Both are chanted by Queen Selyse.

" Grant him strength," answered Queen Selyse and her knights and ladies. " Grant him courage, Grant him wisdom". Punctuation changes and italics again. Grant is repeated three times but we end up with Strength, courage, wisdom.

Anther huge chant on page 648-649 by Queen Selyse.

I am sorry post is so long. I perhaps need to just stick with the easier codes for now.

:crying: I don't want Alys to die.

So GRRM spent all these years and all these 1000s of pages just to make a pointless clever coded puzzle book?

I'm not buying it. You may have discovered something interesting and curious. However it could mean (or not mean) many things.

It is too much of a leap in logic now to conclude that it's a secret decoder.

However I am still open-minded. But I need a credibile answer to this question before I can believe:

Why?

I don't want Alys to die either! She is one of my favorite minor characters. Gosh, it would be nice if Martin allowed us one happy marriage outcome!

I don't know if she will die or if she will not but I am just looking at all the foreshadowing plus the code key.

I actually found another code key in Asha's POV regarding the Karstarks who are traveling with Stannis. The outcome of the code key is found in the gift chapter of Theon. :) I won't post since its a gift chapter for TWOW..just a head's up for those who are watching the pattern.

I don't want Alys to die either! She is one of my favorite minor characters. Gosh, it would be nice if Martin allowed us one happy marriage outcome!

I don't know if she will die or if she will not but I am just looking at all the foreshadowing plus the code key.

I actually found another code key in Asha's POV regarding the Karstarks who are traveling with Stannis. The outcome of the code key is found in the gift chapter of Theon. :) I won't post since its a gift chapter for TWOW..just a head's up for those who are watching the pattern.

I'll be vague to not spoil. I believe I found the same code and that is one of the examples that ultimately sealed this theory for me. Going back over the TWOW chapter and it was click.

So GRRM spent all these years and all these 1000s of pages just to make a pointless clever coded puzzle book?

I'm not buying it. You may have discovered something interesting and curious. However it could mean (or not mean) many things.

It is too much of a leap in logic now to conclude that it's a secret decoder.

However I am still open-minded. But I need a credibile answer to this question before I can believe:

Why?

I'm not totally sure of the why, but before this even came up, it occurred to me how silly the repetition was. Makes no sense to have that repetitive pattern strewn throughout the books. Frankly, its kind of goofy, and it started chafing me since it reminded me of patch face. It especially stuck in my head when I was reading back through his dialogue and the prophecies collections on the wiki. Lastly, it was coming up to me when I started looking back through Mormont's Raven after reading Dunk and Egg and getting interested in BR. Then this thread pops up and it makes a lot of sense.

Is this entirely flushed out, I'm not sure, but I'd be floored if this is totally random. just my $.02

I'm not totally sure of the why, but before this even came up, it occurred to me how silly the repetition was. Makes no sense to have that repetitive pattern strewn throughout the books. Frankly, its kind of goofy, and it started chafing me since it reminded me of patch face. It especially stuck in my head when I was reading back through his dialogue and the prophecies collections on the wiki. Lastly, it was coming up to me when I started looking back through Mormont's Raven after reading Dunk and Egg and getting interested in BR. Then this thread pops up and it makes a lot of sense.

Is this entirely flushed out, I'm not sure, but I'd be floored if this is totally random. just my $.02

I'm not saying it's random. (It could be just an unconscious thing GRRM does. Or not.) Just... to me it has to make sense why he is doing this. What is the point?

In order to believe in a conspiracy theory, I must first see good motive. :)

There is a lot of what appears to be pointless repetition in the books. Unless there is a code for 'where do whores go' and 'words are wind' and 'if I look back I am lost' etc.

I like the idea that raven sayings have a deeper meaning, but the Corn Code I think has gone too far.

Archived