The Free Company of the Dragon Peppers

Stubby

Stubby, my first WC was 1976, when I skipped school and used my lawn-mowing and stable-shoveling money and shiny brand-new driver's license to drive to KC to get Bob Heinlein's autograph. My nickname has been Tully since Denvention II (WorldCon '81) due to a continuing fondness for a certain Irish whiskey and my foresight in buying every bottle I could find when I heard the warehouse had burnt down, and sharing them at cons. Indeed, I dropped one off Friday afternoon for the party suite, just as I did in Chicago. This year was my ninth WC, and my second since Life Issues forced a serious fafiation of over a decade. I first heard of the Bros a decade or so ago when dear Parris told me they were the finest fen in the multiverse ... and she was right. I witnessed and assisted somewhat the Quest of the Burnt Ends and refused knighting then as undeserving for such a minor role as mine. So, don't sweat it. :) I'm as much a gnarled old indie mercenary as anything.

Cool :)

Stories like yours make fandom the best thing ever.

Stubby, I'd love to add the Free Company of the Dragon Pepper to my custom title, but I'd have to lose Maester of Puppets, and I'm just not ready to let that one go. :crying:

Well, putting your knighthood or free company name in your signature line is done quite frequently, so you could do that and preserve your council title.

For those who attended and met me yet are scratching their heads wondering which face I was, I was the greenhorn in the white-ish blazer. I hope everyone had safe travels back home and I look forward to seeing you all again at a future Con!

Hey BlazerGuy! I was the woman at the door who tried very hard to keep you out of the party because you weren't a member of the convention. :P

I saw you even won a raffle prize! You were twice blessed that night!

Welcome to the BWB, and I hope we see you post in more places on the Westeros board. Have you read any of the books? Get your feet wet in the book threads, or if you have only seen the tv series, those threads.

Blazer Guy! So happy you're here and posting!

For anyone who didn't get a chance to meet him, Blazer Guy and his friends were excellent customers at the sales table. I have no idea how many t-shirts, buttons, and ribbons they bought in the end, but it was a very impressive haul. That kind of support, especially from new folks who found us by happy accident, is impressive. :)

Thanks! :cheers:

Glad you enjoyed the party. Welcome to the board. (I was one of the bartenders, by the way. Tall white guy with glasses. Also the person who did all the infusing of ghost peppers, for whatever that's worth.)

:devil:

Infused the...So it was YOU! Haha that was both the most intense shot of drink I've ever had and expect to have ever again. Well done sir, well done!

Hey BlazerGuy! I was the woman at the door who tried very hard to keep you out of the party because you weren't a member of the convention. :P

I saw you even won a raffle prize! You were twice blessed that night!

Welcome to the BWB, and I hope we see you post in more places on the Westeros board. Have you read any of the books? Get your feet wet in the book threads, or if you have only seen the tv series, those threads.

It's really quite alright! I was having a grand enough time talking to people outside as well!... of course when I was fortunate enough to be granted access, the amount of fun I had that night increased exponentially even more!! Haha yes I did win a raffle item! Two expansions of the card game! -- so of course first thing I did when I got home was order the actual base set ;) .

And yes, I have read the books! I'm currently on my 4th re-read, I was first introduced to them when Feast was released. Quite the books for a wee middle schooler! Of course, being the die-hard fan, I've also been up-to-date with the HBO series. But needless to say, when George and Rory came strolling in later that night, I was as giddy as a little schoolgirl.

Blazer Guy! So happy you're here and posting!

For anyone who didn't get a chance to meet him, Blazer Guy and his friends were excellent customers at the sales table. I have no idea how many t-shirts, buttons, and ribbons they bought in the end, but it was a very impressive haul. That kind of support, especially from new folks who found us by happy accident, is impressive. :)

The BWB pin is my new favorite go-to lapel pin!! It definitely brings a unique class to my wardrobe!! ;) And of course the Valar Morghulis coin never leaves my pocket anymore. It was really our pleasure to buy such awesome merch. The BWB was truly generous in letting those drunkard fairweather fans in though, I'm still confused as to how they actually found me!

BlazerGuy,

Out of curiosity why were you in San Antonio if not for Worldcon?

Scot. That is an incredibly fair question. I'm from Nebraska and for labor day weekend, myself and five other friends carpooled to San Antonio to visit a couple of friends of ours who commissioned as officers in the Air Force and were stationed either in or nearby San Antonio. The hotel they booked just happened to be the Mariott Rivercenter.

So yes. Fate.

BlazerGuy: you need to be BlazerGuy forever and ever, that or "Access Almost Denied". My understanding is that our boss, X-Ray, Okd your admission so she is the reason for the season. Welcome to one of the, if not the best Free Companies ever.

BlazerGuy: you need to be BlazerGuy forever and ever, that or "Access Almost Denied". My understanding is that our boss, X-Ray, Okd your admission so she is the reason for the season. Welcome to one of the, if not the best Free Companies ever.

He needs to stay "BlazerGuy". I knew as soon as I read that name who he was. Or he could change it to "ShortsandBlazerGuy" or "CloseBusAssocofGRRM".

I'm going to change mine to "MARGARETTHATCHERXXX".

He needs to stay "BlazerGuy". I knew as soon as I read that name who he was. Or he could change it to "ShortsandBlazerGuy" or "CloseBusAssocofGRRM".

I'm going to change mine to "MARGARETTHATCHERXXX".

You kill me. Who was it again who said you reminded him of a "young" Margaret Thatcher? Maybe change it to "YOUNGMARGARETTHATCHERWASHOTLIKEME".

Archived