The Free Company of the Dragon Peppers

Stubby

Same routine as last year.

If you are a member of the Free Company of the Dragon Peppers and do not have enough posts to change your custom title, shoot me a PM and I'll do it for you.

Also, if someone could chuck a post in here listing those that were assimilated recruited this year please?

Members:

Elder Sister

Blazer Guy

Arione Stormseye

Missy Mayhem

Dunknegg

Mr Saturday

the maid of woddlynne

Valindra

Baitac

Bookwyrm's Friend

Shadow Wolf

Daenerys Stormborn

I am a member...hurrah! I have no idea what this entails...am just along for the ride. :)

There are two ways to get a custom title, ES. Get to 700 posts or get thee to a con. Those that have been knighted or free companied can have their title changed for them. :)

You for example, are now entitled to declare your order for the board to see.

It was truly my pleasure stumbling upon the Brotherhood without Banners in San Antonio this last weekend at WorldCon. I was visiting Texas under entirely different reasons; however, through a chain of highly unlikely and fortuitous events I had the ultimate experience of meeting such a great group of people. I met a number of extraordinary fans, and I'm grateful beyond words for their including and educating me on all that is the BWB.

For those who attended and met me yet are scratching their heads wondering which face I was, I was the greenhorn in the white-ish blazer. I hope everyone had safe travels back home and I look forward to seeing you all again at a future Con!

Special shout-out to the volunteer bartenders: the drinks were without a doubt amazing! And the Orange Ghost is most definitely the new par drinks must meet for Legendary Status .

It was truly my pleasure stumbling upon the Brotherhood without Banners in San Antonio this last weekend at WorldCon. I was visiting Texas under entirely different reasons; however, through a chain of highly unlikely and fortuitous events I had the ultimate experience of meeting such a great group of people. I met a number of extraordinary fans, and I'm grateful beyond words for their including and educating me on all that is the BWB.

For those who attended and met me yet are scratching their heads wondering which face I was, I was the greenhorn in the white-ish blazer. I hope everyone had safe travels back home and I look forward to seeing you all again at a future Con!

Special shout-out to the volunteer bartenders: the drinks were without a doubt amazing! And the Orange Ghost is most definitely the new par drinks must meet for Legendary Status .

:cheers:

So glad that you joined us!!!

(I was the woman with the short hair and full-sleeve tattoo. We chatted briefly and then I had to run off to deal with party and raffle details.)

When George tells you to go take the shot, you take the shot!! Chilies & shame indeed, LMAO. It was awesome, (both the chilies & the shame that is). Cool, I'm a member of the Free Company of the Dragon Peppers! Huzzah!!

And hi to White Blazer Guy, I remember him too. ~m.

Hound's Bane x3 (though I suspect Mr X gave me a double on the last round!)

Was still very tasty.

I am still compiling my initital first post.

When George tells you to go take the shot, you take the shot!! Chilies & shame indeed, LMAO. It was awesome, (both the chilies & the shame that is). Cool, I'm a member of the Free Company of the Dragon Peppers! Huzzah!!

And hi to White Blazer Guy, I remember him too. ~m.

If you guys want your super awesome custom titles sing out via PM and i will set it up.

Thanks! :cheers:

Glad you enjoyed the party. Welcome to the board. (I was one of the bartenders, by the way. Tall white guy with glasses. Also the person who did all the infusing of ghost peppers, for whatever that's worth.)

Hound's Bane x3 (though I suspect Mr X gave me a double on the last round!)

:devil:

Count me in, too! Between the Hounds Bane shot and calling the raffle, it's no wonder I still sound like a man...

Stubby, I'd love to add the Free Company of the Dragon Pepper to my custom title, but I'd have to lose Maester of Puppets, and I'm just not ready to let that one go. :crying:

BlazerGuy!!!!!!!!! What an excellent surprise to see you here on the board. Welcome! :cheers:

As a paleo-Bro whose first WorldCon was back when dirt was a nifty new invention and dinosaurs still walked the land, I don't qualify for the Free Companies. But I did my double shot of the Orange Ghost and I LIKED IT. Even if I did require a pint of water to get rid of the resulting hiccups. I would have tried the Hound's Bane too, but tequila and I are Not Friends.

I did want to shout out a big giant humongous THANK YOU to the crew and say how great it was to put faces to some of the names here. Bros ROCK. Maybe I will post a con report after I finish recovery and rehab ... :cheers:

Stubby, my first WC was 1976, when I skipped school and used my lawn-mowing and stable-shoveling money and shiny brand-new driver's license to drive to KC to get Bob Heinlein's autograph. My nickname has been Tully since Denvention II (WorldCon '81) due to a continuing fondness for a certain Irish whiskey and my foresight in buying every bottle I could find when I heard the warehouse had burnt down, and sharing them at cons. Indeed, I dropped one off Friday afternoon for the party suite, just as I did in Chicago. This year was my ninth WC, and my second since Life Issues forced a serious fafiation of over a decade. I first heard of the Bros a decade or so ago when dear Parris told me they were the finest fen in the multiverse ... and she was right. I witnessed and assisted somewhat the Quest of the Burnt Ends and refused knighting then as undeserving for such a minor role as mine. So, don't sweat it. :) I'm as much a gnarled old indie mercenary as anything.

Archived