The FM that killed Balon Greyjoy

Mithras

First of all hello to everyone and sorry for the bad english.

We are almost sure that a FM killed Balon Greyjoy. I wonder what is he doing after the job done. I first thougt he might be Wex but as far as i can see the timeline does not fit with that.

The timing of the murder is very precise. So the FM should have been waiting there for a long time for the return of Euron. So whose face did the FM wear? I believe there are not many strangers coming and going to Pyke. So the FM should wear the face of a local or someone from the House Greyjoy. But then after leaving, the absence of the original owner of the face may take notice so he should make a good excuse for that also.

Any thoughts or clues from the text?

First of all hello to everyone and sorry for the bad english.

We are almost sure that a FM killed Balon Greyjoy. I wonder what is he doing after the job done. I first thougt he might be Wex but as far as i can see the timeline does not fit with that.

The timing of the murder is very precise. So the FM should have been waiting there for a long time for the return of Euron. So whose face did the FM wear? I believe there are not many strangers coming and going to Pyke. So the FM should wear the face of a local or someone from the House Greyjoy. But then after leaving, the absence of the original owner of the face may take notice so he should make a good excuse for that also.

Any thoughts or clues from the text?

FM wear faces of the people that come and die in the Temple of the Many faced God. Since these faces are of people from all sorts of background, a FM can easily mingle. So I don't think anyone would've noticed.

I don't think the Iron Islands are so small that everyone knows everyone else. The FM shouldn't have a problem blending in since that is what he does. For me the timing is the biggest thing in assuming that a FM did it. If I remember correctly Jaqen doesn't agree to kill at a certain time, only that death will come. Someone have a quote? IMO, it wasn't a FM but just an assassin from Euron.

BTW, Welcome to the forums.

Ghost of High Heart:

I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings.

So we have that clue that it was a FM. Many think that Ja... I mean the FM's next stop was Old Town to learn about Dragons.

Thanks for the replies but note that Pate did not die in the temple yet Jaqen wears his face. I think a FM knowing the right rituals can cut the face of any corpse and wear it.

Jaqen can glamour, and that may not have been a faceless man but a warlock. Why Jaqen can glamour I do not know but he can do it. He never removed his face in front of Arya, we have seen that is a long process, he just waved his hand.

Jaqen can glamour, and that may not have been a faceless man but a warlock. Why Jaqen can glamour I do not know but he can do it. He never removed his face in front of Arya, we have seen that is a long process, he just waved his hand.

Maybe he was wearing more than one face and he just switched from one to another.

I do not think Jaquen is a conventional FM but it seems he definately trained with them a while.

If he is indeed in service of Euron it would be interesting to notice he prepared the ground for Euron in Pyke and he is doing somthing in Oldtown now. But i do not subscribe to that theory.

I think Balon was most likely killed by another FM.

I had a complete and exhaustive theory on why the FM was Jaqen and what was his plan, but I just realized the timeline doesn't fit :bang:

Same goes for me. Wex is a clever boy and clearly has some part to play in TWoW. If he is the FM that killed Balon it would have been great.

I don't think Jaqen is the same Faceless Man who killed Balon, but I do think the assassination and Jaqen's Citadel adventure are related.

Euron had to pay off a Faceless Man, but shows up at Pyke with a ton of treasure. What did he pay to kill his brother? His dragon egg.

What is locked up in the Citadel? "The Death of Dragons."

The Faceless Men are working in collusion to learn about dragons — how to kill them and maybe even how to hatch them.

The FM was the dusky woman

Heeee!

I don't think Jaqen is the same Faceless Man who killed Balon, but I do think the assassination and Jaqen's Citadel adventure are related.

Euron had to pay off a Faceless Man, but shows up at Pyke with a ton of treasure. What did he pay to kill his brother? His dragon egg.

The Faceless Men are working in collusion to learn about dragons — how to kill them and maybe even how to hatch them.

Oh fuckballs, i never saw this theory before. I like it! Mwahaha!

1. Euron is tied to the Warlocks?

2. Faceless men don't take just normal pay. They take other forms.

3. Who do you think they are working with? Faceless men and Euron or Warlocks, Faceless men and Euron?

4. The Citadel doesn't just have the info on how to kill dragons, it has the books on how to control them.

5. Euron wants a dragon, Warlocks want a Dragon and might the Faceless men pay not be just an egg but a Dragon? Death comes in three.

Archived