Situational Opportunities - Thanks

It’s odd to think that today marks the day one week prior that this adventure began. It is so much like a dream, and for that I am grateful, because I can always close my eyes and relive it over and over. There will be many details missed or intentionally left out and for that I apologize.

I begin with thanks to all BwB folks for welcoming Valindra and I so readily into your hearts. The impressions made for our first Worldcon were of the highest regard. As Valindra can attest I am the slowest reader in the world because I like to enjoy every word. Like books, each of the friends I have made, I will enjoy for many years to come.

None of this would have been possible without the help of Lucky Pierre (soon to be Thenis Gayjoy). You are part of our family, the bonds of which can never be broken.

Please keep the Facebook group alive and running because many of you I only know by RL name.

Every night was an adventure and I welcomed it with open liver and friends at my side. Valindra and I got to bed ,on average, around 4:30am. She never wants the party to end and I follow her gladly. Thankfully many BwBers can maintain that pace. Whether it was ice runs with Frisco and Lucky Pierre or Maiden Marathons with the X’s at House Lodey, we took the challenge and everyone endured.

I made one panel and managed to see the only other thing I was really looking forward to. The TSR artwork took me way back. Meeting GRRM and Rory McCann was just icing on the cake.

A few of the many highlights of the con :-

Elevator Discussions Make Head Hurt

Group hugging David

Metal Mania with the X’s

Unforgettable Discussion with Rachel (glad I was your FIRST)

Keep Calm and Love Nate!

Best Jerky EVAH with LacyinTx

Corsets keep you vertical as per Regina

Raya calling my dad through Lodey’s Bluetooth player at 4am

Mandy’s Bedroom Behavior

Dissecting Angel’s Accent

Mortified in the Paper

Lancel Herding

Red Wedding Hand Jestures

And then there is Lodey. Prince Lodengarl, what can't I say brother. If I had to pick one night, it would be the last night in Lodey’s room with Mich and Angel. I am forever changed by this conversation. There isn’t enough room on this forum to cover the scope of what we discussed in the wee hours of the nights. Some lives are just laid congruent.

This is what BwB means to me. It is family and friendship. It is a true Brotherhood and I am glad to be a part of it. Thank you all for an awesome first Worldcon and we are doing everything in our power to see you all again in London.

Arione “Marcus ” Stormseye

*hugs* meeting you guys was definitely a hilight of the con. If we're ever back in the area we're definitely going to get together! :)

I swear I have the worst freaking reputation on this board. And it is SO not earned. You people are freaks :P

...sez the girl with poor impulse control ;)

Archived