Favorite Stannis Quotes

The Imperator

"The good does not wash the bad nor the bad the good."

"I am the rightful king...and your son no less a traitor than my brother here. His day will come as well."

"I stopped believing in gods the day I saw the Windproud break up across the bay. Any gods so monstrous as to drown my mother and father would never have my worship, I vowed. In King’s Landing, the High Septon would prattle at me of how all justice and goodness flowed from the Seven, but all I ever saw of either was made by men."

"I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations. But only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done after the Trident."

What are your favorite quotes of Stannis?

I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear?

There are too many to list, but here are a few including from WoW,

"Would that all the lords in the Seven Kingdoms had but a single neck..."

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

"A true king pays his debts."

"Lord Too-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse. Too fat to come to me, yet he comes to Winterfell. Too fat to bend the knee and swear me his sword, yet now he wields that sword for Bolton."

"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

"You are dead men, understand that," the king went on. "Only the manner of your dying remains to be determined."

"Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come."

"Weddings have become more perilous than battles, it would seem"

"We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King’s Landing."

There are too many to list, but here are a few including from WoW,

"Would that all the lords in the Seven Kingdoms had but a single neck..."

" — you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

"A true king pays his debts."

"Lord Too-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse. Too fat to come to me, yet he comes to Winterfell. Too fat to bend the knee and swear me his sword, yet now he wields that sword for Bolton."

"I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

"You are dead men, understand that," the king went on. "Only the manner of your dying remains to be determined."

"Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come."

"Weddings have become more perilous than battles, it would seem"

"We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King’s Landing."

Oh yes, that chapter was pure awesomeness.

"I am King. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be justice. Starting with Cersei and her abominations, but only starting. I mean to scour that court clean. As Robert should have done after the Trident."

Archived