Goodkind 53: We Don't Need No Stinking Magic!

Myshkin

Dear fellow Tairy-bashers, I have thiz littla question.

I was reading archival topics about Tairy, one by one, month by one, full of joy (BBHN) and then after Goodkind XVI I found Goodkind XVIII.

Hasn't there been Goodkind nr. 17 by some mistake, or maybe it was hidden under some different title just like Goodkind XI.

Sincerely yours

I know we lost at least one topic from mod-deletion. Maybe it was that one? Hard to remember so far back and among so many... :crying:

Do the last few posts in 16 give any clues as to what we were thinking of calling the next one? We used to have a vote on it sometimes.

I don't know why, but I've taken it upon myself to read this new "book"

About halfway through and the story thus far has been about Richard badgering the shit out of some 15 year old girl, despite the fact that she's been right about everything, Richard still feels the need to harass and belittle a 15 year old girl and also the entire village she is from, this is also despite the fact that they saved Richard and Kahlan from being killed.

Richard and 15 year old girl then proceed to have a conversation that lasts about 150 pages, about this new mysterious magic that doesn't work with the magic already in the world and the impeding zombie apocalypse.

I've left off with what I am assuming is an almost 30 year old Richard about to go questing alone in the woods with this 15 year old girl, which isn't at all weird or anything.

Or Tairy simply doesn't do aging. Maybe at the end of the series Richard Cypher just wakes up with an odd-looking vine imprinted on his face, having suffered a long and bloody, speech- and almost-rape-infested dream featuring a woman with traveling pants and a white dress.

Is it my wishful thinking, or did this one disappoint sales wise compared with the others? I think it debuted at no 5 on the NYT, which of course isn't exactly "doing poorly" but I remember all the previous ones being instant #1s, even The Omen Machine. B&N doesn't have any giant displays for it either.

Considering the Omen Machine basically nullified the entire previous series and created about 1000 new plotholes, I'm not surprised.

Archived