Bakker - A Discussion of Rectal Miracles

Francis Buck

Hey, Esmi, don't you see? That shit don't matter. You're judging this shit the wrong way. I mean, it could be that God stopped the damnation, or He changed Whores to Virgins, He found my fucking pearl necklace. You don't judge shit like this based on merit. Now, whether or not what we experienced was an "according to Ajencis" miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.

Please write more Jules!Kellhus.

Imagining Kel and Akka meeting in TUC:

I'm showin' you the Inverse Fire so I don't have to kill your ass. You read the Tractate, Akka? Well, there's this passage I got memorized. Book of Priests 25:17. "The path of the Kahiht is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And Gilgaöl will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the God when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a his head off his shoulders. But I saw some shit in the Inverse Fire this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means the Hundred are the evil men, and I'm the Kahiht, and Heron Spear here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of Golgotterath. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the Consult that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Akka. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Imagining Kel and Akka meeting in TUC:

I'm showin' you the Inverse Fire so I don't have to kill your ass. You read the Tractate, Akka? Well, there's this passage I got memorized. Book of Priests 25:17. "The path of the Kahiht is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And Gilgaöl will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the God when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a his head off his shoulders. But I saw some shit in the Inverse Fire this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means the Hundred are the evil men, and I'm the Kahiht, and Heron Spear here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of Golgotterath. Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the Consult that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Akka. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

:bowdown:

I’ve watched a lot of Doctor Who lately. A propos the Inverse Fire:

Here’s a clip of a young alien (“The Master”) being initiated into his faction (“The Time Lords”) by staring into the Untempered Schism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWClHRiyuqU

There was another good scene in The End of Time of the same event, but I can’t find that online.

first post was just riffing off of whether Kel scraping whores are damned from Tusk was a "miracle". And post above it that Esmi experienced it as a miracle.

Oh I mean I didn't get that you were doing Pulp fiction until the second impression.

@Locksnowe:

Actually, it wasn't the Tusk being scraped clean that I claimed was a miracle, it was Kellhus healing Esmenet that I claimed was a miracle.

But Kellhus presumably heals a lot of people - is every healing a miracle?

@HE:

Ah, good stuff, thanks for that link!

Sejenus's divine power is to heal. Fane's divine power is the Water. Kellhus's divine power is "place" which allows such miracles as heart-pulling and fire-scrying.

Interesting idea. What's divinity mean in that context, then? Was Sejenus...I'm looking for the right word here...was he "advocated" by the Gods? Or did they hate him in the way they hate Kellhus? Did they scheme for his destruction?

Just so I got this straight, if Kellhus invents penicillin he's a miracle worker but if he invents prozac he is not a miracle worker?

Dialysis! We're in the Dark Ages!

If Kellhus invents something he's still not a miracle worker. Talking to someone and making them feel better is not a miracle, as theoretically any convincing fraud could make Esmi feel better.

Miracles, to me at least, must defy the natural order rather than arise from it.

Perhaps the story of Sejenus is a myth and he and Kellhus are both frauds and only Fane was an instrument of the Divine.

Save we know Titirga had intuitively grasped the principles of the Water before Fane. Making the Water flow is no more miraculous than the discovery (invention?) of Calculus.

Archived