Just starting ADWD, favorite POV's?

KalibakCruel

Hi, I'm just starting the book (well I'm at Quentyns first chapter) and I was wondering what everyones favorite POV's were. What chapters should I really be looking forward to? Right now as I mentioned I'm at Quentyns now, not at the end of the chapter, but I took a break because I really do not care even a little bit about this chapter at the moment, it could change after I finish it however.

So far Jons and Tyrions chapters have been great, I was really missing those in AFFC. I'm finally on Jon again after passing Quentyns, does he have any other POV's and are they any better than his first chapter? Because that wasn't a fun chapter by any means.

Theon's chapters are everyone's favorite as do I. Lots of readers praise how great his story arc is written, and I totally agree. My own favorites aside from Theon's are Dany's, Jon's, Bran's, and Cersei's. The pacing of Dance is kinda slow in the beginning, but once it passes the timeframe of Feast, it will start to pick up again and their will be scenes and/or events that will either haunt you or blow your mind.

does he have any other POV's and are they any better than his first chapter? Because that wasn't a fun chapter by any means.

You mean Quentyn? He only has a few chapters but it's up to you to judge once you're done with Dance if his chapters (particularly the one near the end) are a fun, a champ or a flop. Keep reading. :)

Jon's, in his second chapter he

kills a character that should have died a very long time ago.

Read that chapter last night, it was extremely satisfying.

just finished reading this book and I have to say that Jon's were definitely the best followed closely by Theon aka Reek aka The Turncoat..Bran and Davos chapters were also awesome..but there is only three of each one for those two

Ah, that's a shame I was really liking Brans chapters!

So far Jons and Tyrions chapters have been great, I was really missing those in AFFC. I'm finally on Jon again after passing Quentyns, does he have any other POV's and are they any better than his first chapter? Because that wasn't a fun chapter by any means.

I think his last chapters in book two were great. I am not gonna tell you why, just hang in there

I think his last chapters in book two were great. I am not gonna tell you why, just hang in there

Will do, I keep hearing that it gets better, so I'm gonna hang in there the next time I see his chapter

Loved Jon, Davos.. disliked reek though.So dark and depressive, didn't really do me any good^^. Nevertheless Tyrion was also quite interesting.

I read the first Reek one and thought it was great, I don't know, I like that sort of stuff sometimes heh.

this book needed more Davos and Bran and less Dany...otherwise a great read...I guess the title itself is a little biased and therefore GRRM probably felt the need to throw in more Dany chapters.

yeah I saw someone said that there aren't many Bran chapters which is a bummer, his first ones I read were some of my favorite chapters so far. Danys just sorta moping around not doing anything, finding new ways to do nothing.

Hi, I'm just starting the book (well I'm at Quentyns first chapter) and I was wondering what everyones favorite POV's were. What chapters should I really be looking forward to? Right now as I mentioned I'm at Quentyns now, not at the end of the chapter, but I took a break because I really do not care even a little bit about this chapter at the moment, it could change after I finish it however.

Quentyn is a great character. Keep reading. It gets better.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, theon aka reek's chapters are fascinating although disgusting. It begs the question "would any of us act any differently in his place?" The total debasement of a human soul through mental and physical torture is the most disturbing imagery GRRM has presented to us. To me, the red wedding is less horrifying, and it is pretty dang horrific. I'm a healer, though, a circle: the jagged destruction that Reese practices is as alien to me as breathing water. :ack:

Archived