Just starting ADWD, favorite POV's?

KalibakCruel

Only on Tyrion III, but I love his chapters, as well as Jon's, Daenerys's, and even Bran's. I really missed those guys. Reading the 1st 3 books, I dreaded Bran chapters, but missed them sorely in AFFC. Looking forward to the Davos chapters, he's one of my favorite characters, I've missed him. Still sizing Quentyn Martell up, but I can't wait to see what's in store for him. Also can't wait for Theon, haven't seen him since ACOK, it's been too long. Finally, I can't wait for Eddard to come back, haven't heard from him since AGOT (sarcasm alert).

Only on Tyrion III, but I love his chapters, as well as Jon's, Daenerys's, and even Bran's. I really missed those guys. Reading the 1st 3 books, I dreaded Bran chapters, but missed them sorely in AFFC. Looking forward to the Davos chapters, he's one of my favorite characters, I've missed him. Still sizing Quentyn Martell up, but I can't wait to see what's in store for him. Also can't wait for Theon, haven't seen him since ACOK, it's been too long. Finally, I can't wait for Eddard to come back, haven't heard from him since AGOT (sarcasm alert).

Tyrion's chapters become unbearable later on. Probably the worst POV in the book, along with Asha.

Jon's chapters get boring after a while. :\

Dany's chapters get better soon.

Davos, Bran and Cersei are awesome in this book and Quentyn has his moments... Look forward to them. :D

I didn't like Theon's chapters, but everyone else does, so I guess you're going to like them. But you never know. I disliked Arya's chapters(as usual), but they are kind of interesting.

How did you know Eddard was going to be ressurrected? ahahahahahha

Tyrion's chapters become unbearable later on. Probably the worst POV in the book, along with Asha.

Jon's chapters get boring after a while. :\

Dany's chapters get better soon.

Davos, Bran and Cersei are awesome in this book and Quentyn has his moments... Look forward to them. :D

I didn't like Theon's chapters, but everyone else does, so I guess you're going to like them. But you never know. I disliked Arya's chapters(as usual), but they are kind of interesting.

How did you know Eddard was going to be ressurrected? ahahahahahha

Yeah, I would imagine that they might get worse as the book progresses. All the characters absent from AFFC just seem so much fresher and more interesting now after their absence, but that might wear off farther into the book. Can't wait for Dany's chapters to get even better than they are now after the darkness of her absence from AFFC. Lord and Lady Stoneheart, now they would make a scary, half-undead couple. The first Davos chapter is pretty awesome so far, I must say.

Yeah, I would imagine that they might get worse as the book progresses. All the characters absent from AFFC just seem so much fresher and more interesting now after their absence, but that might wear off farther into the book.

That's exactly how I felt about them. Ahahaha I loved the book until almost half of it, and then... It got boring. It became much better when it was getting close to the end, but still, it's my least favorite.

Davos and Bran have just a few chapters, so you won't get tired of them. In the other hand, Jon's chapters got redundant(still cool, but not much) and Tyrion... He could have had half the amount of chapters he had to tell the exact same story and I'm sure it would have been better that way.

Can't wait for Dany's chapters to get even better than they are now after the darkness of her absence from AFFC. Lord and Lady Stoneheart, now they would make a scary, half-undead couple. The first Davos chapter is pretty awesome so far, I must say.

Dany has one of the best chapters of the book, imo.

Davos gets even better. :cool4:

• 1 month later...

Davos and Bran were my favourite chapters but sad when they just finished halfway through and we never got to see them again. Basically all the chapters in the north are fantastic (Jon, Reek etc) and I wished the whole book had been about that. The Meereen stuff bored me to tears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jon and Theon's chapters are some of my favorites in the A Dance. The growth of both characters is apparent and executed really well. Just thinking back to who they were at the beginning of the series, and what they've gone through respectively just blows my mind. And Jon's last chapter....

Griff, Barristan, Vic, and Mel all had crazy fascinating stories to tell as well. So interesting. Can't wait for the next book.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourites are, from favourite to least favourite: Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Reek (Theon), and Davos. Cersei and Jaime are cool, but I don't know, they just don't make an impact on me.

I skip all Bran chapters as I find his story line and his character boring as hell. Even on the show I skip his parts..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I liked Reek, Jon, Davos, Asha, Melisandre because they all are kind of connected to each other with the northern storyline. Cersei is good for the KL plot. Not too interested in what's going on in Essos so the Dany, Barristan, Quentyn, Tyrion, Victarion were not my fave, except Dany's last POVs. I did enjoy Griff though, his plot is interesting. :D

Archived