Hodor = Great Other

Schlacko

I work with autistic people the majority are far more than capable of handing you a spoon?

Um...who said Hodor is autistic? I thought the OP was calling him The Great Other. Is TGO autistic too now?

And what do spoons have to do with this anyway?

Jeez. This thread has made forum users look like complete dicks.

I'm sort of in line with the OP. I believe hodor is the name of the great other, but nothing more than that. Started thinking this since my re-read of a game of thrones

"Hodor won't go down to the crypts."

The maester had beenhalf listening, bran could tell. He lifted his eye from the tube, blinking. "Hodor won't. . .?"

"Go down to the crypts. When I woke, I told him to take me down to see if father was truly there. At first he didn't know what I was saying, but I got him to the steps by telling him to go here and go there, only then he wouldn't go down. He just stood on the top step and said 'hodor' like he was scared of the dark, but I had a torch".

Darkness is related to others.

He was looking down into the dark like he was frightened of it and said "hodor".

Plus the torches going out, we know this happens when others appear.

Snowflakes swirled from a dark sky and ashes rose to meet them, the grey and the white whirling around each other as flaming arrows arced above a wooden wall and dead things shambled silent through the cold, beneath a great grey cliff where fires burned inside a hundred caves. Then the wind rose and the white mist came sweeping in, impossibly cold, and one by one the fires went out. Afterward only the skulls remained.

- a vision mel has of hardhome in the fires.

Sorry I meant to reply to the first post on this thread where it was said hodor isnt dumb because he can follow directions then went on to say if you ask an autistic person to hand you a person you wouldnt get the spoon

Ah. Good thing I skipped all the old posts, and parts of the OP. I would have taken that one down myself. I have three boys on the spectrum.

Archived